Contacting and Befriending Spirits

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Midnight_Raven_96

Contacting and Befriending Spirits

Post by Midnight_Raven_96 »

Ive always been fascinated with ghosts. I want to learn about them, how they feel and how the spirit world works for them. I want to know, is there any way I can contact the spirits, or summon them to where theyre welcome to a certain area of mine, or show them that i have a sanctuary for them, to where we can talk and whatnot without alot of interruptions and how to provide them with the right energy to continue communication? Also, what are your thoughts on working with negative beings? Not necessarily demons or anything, just the more....not sane spirits? OR positive beings, like passed away wiccans or witches that could help and offer guidance to those in need? Thanks for your help. :)
-Dark-Moon-

Re: Contacting/Befriending Spirits.

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Cross-culturally, here are several well known paradigms for working with spirits.

Eg
Necromancy
Ouija and mediumship
Shamanistic tradition
Ceremonial magick

Natural witches see and talk to spirits from a young age.

You could try contacting angels or guides first. I recommend knowing what you are contacting first, in a protected, disciplined fashion. If you have not been a good girl however you may find that the Angels wreak more havoc than any demon could.

Make sure you have confidence in your own ability to cleanse and banish first.

'Summoning spirits' by Konstantinos is a good book and I like the exercises.

Best of luck
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Midnight_Raven_96

-Dark-Moon- wrote: If you have not been a good girl however
Im a guy. And ive been able to see and talk to ghosts since i was a kid but it got repressed due to society training it out of me, im in the process of unlocking my abilities again.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Casius, my deepest apologies, I hope I did not offend you.

You get my point about being good and angels though. If you aren't well behaved and summon these guys they will kick your butt.

Ok. So you saw some spirits then turned it off. If you want this skill to be of any use you must refine it. Untrained psychics just pick up random information. Before you start becoming receptive to every marauding entity that wants to attach itself to your lovely youthful life force, practice some cleansing, shielding and banishing like LBRP or middle pillar.

Choose a path, don't just fool around with them. Find a teacher if you can. Otherwise you learn the hard way :/

Blessings
Kassandra

Re: Contacting and Befriending Spirits

Post by Kassandra »

Midnight_Raven_96 wrote:"And ive been able to see and talk to ghosts since i was a kid but it got repressed due to society training it out of me, im in the process of unlocking my abilities again."
smileydance
Hi Casius. First of all, I want to say I admire your decision to buck the system and reclaim your abilities. I admire that though you're still in your teens, you've chosen not to let this dumbed-down world take you down with it. You ain't havin' it. And the great thing is it didn't take you 'til you were in your middle-aged years before you woke up. That took courage and insight. Continue believing in yourself, developing your abilities, and being who you are.

TREAD WISELY, BE REALISTIC AND SENSIBLE

Casius, I get the feeling you are kind of lonely. I know humanity can be cruel, ruthless, callous and hateful. But believe it or not, there is love, understanding and strength to be found among the living. You may believe "befriending" "ghosts" could be a fun and enjoyable past time, that they all just want to be our friends. I know your intentions are well-meaning, but they are misguided, misinformed, and dangerous. It doesn't work that way, and looking to befriend the dead is not advisable (look at it this way, you will have plenty of time to do that when you yourself are dead; why rush it?). For now, keep your boundaries with the dead, and just focus on bettering your relationships with the living. All of Dark Moon's advice is well-spoken, and my suggestion is that you follow it very carefully, especially the part about getting to know your angels and guides first. The darker beings will not want to sit around with you and chit-chat. Dark Moon's point, and I get the sense she is speaking from experience, is that when you open a doorway like this in your life, you may find that it's not the enjoyable experience you thought it would be. You may, conversely, spend more time banishing them and shielding yourself from them, more than anything else, IF you don't know what you're doing.

Consider carefully: you wouldn't want "not sane" regular people around you, right? Then why would you want "not sane" discarnate things around you? At least with incarnates, you could call 911 and/or file a restraining order later to protect yourself. With discarnates, you better know what you're doing before you proceed, which takes time, training and discipline. Otherwise, these entities could drive you insane (I don't mean that as a figure of speech, I mean you could wind up institutionalized), or hurt your family members, or do other things. I hope you value life more than that. Also, the dead don't need any kind of physical "sanctuary." Physical time/space is not the same in their dimensions as it is in ours, so they can be anywhere, anytime. They are all around us, right now (they are literally "only a thought away," as psychic medium John Holland always says --that's kind of his tagline) and their sanctuary is your thoughts about them, the space you give them in your mind.

Finally, the best messages of advice for you won't come from random dead people, just any old "passed away wiccans or witches," etc. You don't know where their "headspace" was at when they passed away. People don't just suddenly get enlightened when they pass to spirit; they take their strengths AND weaknesses along with them, and it colors their next life. A saying in Asia goes, "The mindset of the last life is the parent, and the mindset of the next life, its child." "Karma," a term that gets bandied about quite a bit, is not about "vengeance" like many people think (that is their Judeo/Christian, deeply-subconscious, guilt-programming at work, something very hard to uproot). But karma is about learning and mastering life lessons, gaining wisdom, etc. Besides, I have found that the most helpful messages come from people passed to spirit who once knew you, or at least had a connection to you in some kind of way (not necessarily always by blood --it could be a special interest you have in common, or a connection to your family line, etc.). I have had dead relatives that I never even met before show up and tell me things. These people will care about you, have a vested interest in your well-being, and any advice they give will have that focus.

THE SPIRITUALIST CHURCH

Anyway, I wanted to add another suggestion to those that Dark Moon mentioned, as another opportunity for you to practice and strengthen your mediumship ability. I suggest visiting a nearby Spiritualist Church (not suggesting you "join" it and become a member, just visit). I know they have them in America and the UK, but I'm not sure in other countries, and since I don't know where you're located, I don't know whether this would even be an option for you. It doesn't matter if you're into witchcraft, or whatever. You're just visiting, so your personal beliefs are no one's business; really, such should be the case even if you did decide to join.

In a nutshell, what happens during a Spiritualist service is people who have mediumship ability, like you, gather together in a safe environment (an actual sanctuary) and share the messages they get from Spirit with each other. I suggest you attend one for a while until you find a path with teachers of some sort that you can trust, like Dark Moon suggests (and a word of caution on "teachers" as well --anyone who's eager to teach you something, do some digging on their background before going along with them: ask around people who know them, do an online background check for a criminal record, etc...know what you're getting into before you get into it). There are usually older mediums in a Spiritualist congregation who are happy to answer questions from a young person, and some churches offer psychic development circles, which you might enjoy and benefit from greatly!! I know in the church I've attended there were always teenagers or 20-somethings there, so who knows? You might make friends with some kindred souls --who are on THIS side. :)

I wish you the best. Please ask further questions if you have them, or you could PM me, or whatever.

-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

To be honest I've found most of the entities I've encountered to be pretty annoying. They are intrusive, rude, persistent and I used to think they were also downright scary. 25 years later I dont get so scared anymore - 9 times out of 10 their bark is worse than their bite if you know what I mean.

I really do keep boundaries firmly in place these days. This was not the case when I was younger and less informed about how to deal with them. The thing is that they just hang around and wait for a time when you are at your weakest then they prey on you. People can carry these things also.

There is no reason to invite something in unless you have a good reason and the skills to pay the bills !!!!!

Blessings
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

THE WELL-MEANING DEAD
-Dark-Moon- wrote:To be honest I've found most of the entities I've encountered to be pretty annoying.

Haha, yes, even the ones that love you! :kiss: Cases in point: an aunt of mine, and my ex-boyfriend...

They both were the most loving people around when they were alive, bless their hearts. Both were very charismatic, always had quite a crowd of friends around them, etc. But my aunt had a bad picker when it came to men. So, from the dead, not surprisingly she advised me once to go for this married guy. She only wanted to see me happy, but unfortunately, had no regard for the married guy's wife and kids. And the ex-boyfriend, I remember the 6 months after he died were the hardest for me. While alive, he had a tendency to live recklessly, which on its good side made him spontaneous and fun to everyone. But on the bad side, it directly contributed to his death. I was very angry when he died. He regretted his behavior after he died, so he kept wanting to be around me to make up for his mistake. He kept giving me visions of us being young, and starting all over again. I don't live in Coulda-shoulda-woulda Land, and I don't look back fantasy-like, reframing what was not and will never be in this lifetime.

So, I had to sternly tell both of these well-meaning, but annoying dead people (at different times): 2gunsfiring

"OK, look, I know you love me. I love you too, and I know you mean well. I have listened to all of what you said. My decision is that your advice is not agreeable to my life, it does not reflect my personal values. Therefore, I have rejected it. Going forward, you are to keep your thoughts to yourself, and not repeat them to me. You are to respect my boundaries, my desires and my goals for my current life. Again, I love you, and thank you for your concern. Go now."

The auntie was good-humored about it, joked a little bit, and just moved on. The ex, however, was kind of a drama queen (he'd be the first one to admit it, haha), and wasn't one to take no for an answer, not in life, nor in death. He kept hanging out in my bedroom, like he lived there. Uh, noo. So, I resorted to contacting a male medium friend of mine, someone you don't want to mess with in this dimension nor any other, asked him to locate this guy on the Other Side, and have a nice, civil, man-to-man chat with him. He did. It worked. All was resolved peacefully. This was years ago, and I've never had a problem since.

-Dark-Moon- wrote:People can carry these things also.

Lol, at the Spiritualist church I attend sometimes, we call them "hitch hikers." EUTM moderator firebirdflys calls them "riders" in her posts. They can burrow themselves into a comfy little nest in someone's auric field (centered at their favorite chakra of the host) --sometimes temporarily, sometimes for years, even until the host dies-- and just keep leeching energy from them, and/or controlling their behavior, etc.

ON HAVING THE SKILLS TO PAY THE BILLS:
A STREGHA WHO COMMANDS THE DEAD

-Dark-Moon- wrote:There is no reason to invite something in unless you have a good reason and the skills to pay the bills !!!!!

Indeed. Once, I came across a necromancer born into a long line of stregha. She is the real deal; her skills literally pay her bills. She casts spells for people, she gets results, and that's that....and they are not happy spells. All I'll say is people have not seen the light of day because of her work. She works with demons, straight up, and is not shy about saying so. And no, I am not mentioning her name, for those thinking about PMing me to ask for it so they could get some kind of vengeance spell (which people like to call, "make them see the error of their ways" spell to make their consciences feel better, like the vengeance is somehow "good for" the person they're casting against, lol), or get some kind of "make him/her love me" spell (for chrissakes, there's enough of that nonsense on this board already, I ain't contributin' to it...).

Anyway, she is a believer in karma believe it or not, and fully embraces whatever consequences come along with her work, and she knows there are consequences. Odd as it may sound to those reading this, she firmly believes that she is doing work for the greater good, or else she wouldn't do it. In her heart, she believes she has a good reason for doing this work, that it is her karma to do it. She has a spouse and a kid, and is a very grounded, down-to-earth, rather humble person. I don't judge anyone's path, even if it's by no means one I would take.

Not only has she gotten metaphysical training, but she even took it a step further and got mundane, real world skills, earning a degree in forensics. Yes, examining corpses is her day job...hey, somebody's gotta' do it, lol, and I couldn't think of anyone better-suited. My point is, Casius, she has a lot of protection when she works: entities know who she is today, they know who she's been in past lives, they know every person in her family line, including who did what to carry forward this work, etc. And as Dark Moon mentioned above, she has mastered the banishing, shielding, grounding and other skills required for working with these kinds of energies. She has family to protect and keep healthy, so she approaches this stuff fully-equipped, and would be the first to tell you that messing with entities, dark or not, is not a frivolous thing, no matter how "fascinated" with them you may be. :wink:

-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Awesome post Kassandra :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Thanks.

Elisa wrote:...Looking to "befriend" the dead, therefore, is not advisable...[some of] these entities could...hurt your family members, or do other things....You don't know where their "headspace" was at when they passed away. People don't just suddenly get enlightened when they pass to spirit...

Case in point:

I got a total kick out of this episode of Dead Files, lots of priceless moments. This young, Wannabe-Harry-Potter guy (we'll call him, WHP for short) could very well have gotten someone injured, or worse. He was all too busy trying to impress his friends to realize it. Yes, I know all these reality shows are scripted, but this episode, if nothing else, makes a useful anecdotal point that applies directly to this thread. All I'm saying is continue to develop your abilities, but walk in wisdom...not like Mistah' Wannabe-Harry-Pottah' ovah' here (like my New York City accent? lol).

Priceless moment #1 (@ 6min:12sec):
WHP goes from... :oops: "I did a seance," to OK, "I did a couple" seances, to 10 seances, to 10-15, to 15, to...OK, "I've done 17 seances..." Hilarious. WHP's lesson learned: don't tryta' lie to a retired, New York City crime investigator.
Priceless moment #2 (@ 8min:12sec): ::darkmood::
The frivolousness of WHP's behavior pisses our Amy off, royally: "I get very angry when the living communicate with the dead for their own amusement!" Then, she makes those "Amy Faces" we've all come to know and love.

Priceless moment #3 (@ 38min:00sec):
When Amy shot what I call, "that Mama-smackdown-look" directly at WHP ( = :-x ), I swear she had to stop herself from reaching across the table and smackin' him upside the head. Hahaha, I'm a mom, I know that look.

Fun stuff. Here's the link: http://www.travelchannel.com/video/starvation-heights. Enjoy.

Midnight_Raven_96

Alrighty then...so there is alot of info here, so im gonna just reply to what ive read so far.

Dark Moon- You didnt offend me with the mix up, dont worry. I do understand the risks of angels, demons and whatnot

To everyone, I know how dangerous this can sound, i know how pesky or irritating the dead can be, I realize they do not all want to be friends, nor do I want to be friends with all of them. But Im the type who feels he has to learn all that he can. Im not worried about being "Driven insane" mostly because if any of you got into my head, youd immediately want out. Im not in a great mind set, never have been, never will be, and while i realize im missing a few screws and bolts, i can do nothing to change it. I wont fight who i am or what i was made to be. I also realize these spirits may be completely nuts or perfectly normal. And im a very open minded person, i dont expect nice chats and daisies from them.
Important Note: Im in a very small town, less than 900 people total, and literally over half of our population is my school. (around 300 in the elementary, about 250 in the highschool.) So finding a leader or a mentor in witchcraft or anything is not an option. Not to mention im in Oklahoma, and pretty much everyone here is extremely christian.

But thank you all for the help. :)
xXxGrigorixXx

Post by xXxGrigorixXx »

Dude take from me (okay admittedly i'm a couple years younger than you, but still) i've had a lot of experience with the dead, angels, demons and things that can only be described as monsters for less of a better word for them. As Toni said i'm a guide to children and teens who've died, she called me a Grigori watcher or guardian angel, a guardian of the fallen .

Dealing with demons is VERY dangerous. And trust me Casius if the dead don't want you round you'll know about it psychic attacks F***ing hurt ( sorry about the swearing but believe me they do and they are painful ever since, especially if a negative entity is present ) and they really mess up and damage your aura dis-aline and block your chakras too if that happens it can disrupt your energies so please be very careful.

i'm doing a psychic development course cuz my friend Lucifer who's a really strong psychic said cuz i'm very strong and very open left to my own devices i'd be dangerous, so i'm now doing a course with Toni Hunt the owner of spellbound . :flyingwitch:
xXx~The Fallen ~xXx
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Midnight_Raven_96 wrote:So finding a leader or a mentor in witchcraft or anything is not an option. Not to mention im in Oklahoma, and pretty much everyone here is extremely christian.
Lots of posters have already given some really good advice... even so I'll throw in my 2cents.

I'm a very firm believer that when the student is ready, the teacher will appear. This is something I believe no one should attempt alone. Whether that mentor/teacher is online or someone you can meet with face to face, it's so important because you are going to run into things and situations you aren't going to understand or be able to handle.

I kind of think of the spirit world as being a great ocean. There are docile & beautiful creatures such as dolphins and exotic fish... yet there are some serious predators such as sharks, giant squid & piranhas (yes I know they're freshwater but you get my point). Before you dive in with the sharks you need to know how to swim, how to use your equipment, how to recognize aggressive & dangerous situations and what to do should they arise. I think a spell to draw a mentor to you would be very beneficial and personally I'd hate to see you pursue such things without someone there to help you through the novice stage.

You'll also want to build up & strengthen your relationship with your spirit guide. It's there to help you in spiritual matters to give you wisdom, protection & guidance.

I wish you the best!
Goddess Bless! <3
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Elisa wrote:Fun stuff. Here's the link: http://www.travelchannel.com/video/starvation-heights. Enjoy.

I see that link isn't good anymore, and you can no longer watch the episode for free. Everywhere else I saw the episode you have to pay to watch it, like iTunes ($1.99), and various online TV sites, etc. Oh, well. They do make their money, don't they!

-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

image.jpg

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”