child seeing and talking to spirits

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
flowersofthelady

child seeing and talking to spirits

Post by flowersofthelady »

Hi everyone! i just wanted to see what your thoughts are on this and see if you have any advice.
My daughter is going to turn 3 next month. since we moved into this house 7 months ago she had been talking to something in her room at night (not just her teddies) shouting NO GO AWAY and BE QUIET i thought she was just talkin gin her sleep as i have not sensed anything in this house. a few weeks ago she said she likes going to bed because the ghosts are her friends and she isnt scared of them.
Our town is a very old one and many of the shops in the highstreet are building hundreds of years old. we were in one two days ago and as we left she shouted and waved bye to the shopkeeper and the shopkeeper waved back and said "bye", my daughter said "NO! not you the little boy" and the shop keeper said that theres just us there no little boy. when we got outside she told me that upstairs there is a little boy sick in bed and he told her his mummy made him stay there. she said that he's not going to get better and he's sad. I just didnt know what on earth to say to her.
as she's so young i know what tv and books he is seeing and i dont know where she could have got this stuff. she seems to really believe it.
unless she becomes scared by it im not going to do anything or discourage it but i just wondered what others thoughts are or if you have any advice.
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Re: child seeing and talking to spirits

Post by Lost_Demise »

It's well known that children can see more then adults can and often said it's because they are more open because the world hasn't told them its not real yet. He's not getting hurt so I see no harm in him interacting with them.
BrotherH

Post by BrotherH »

I think for now, your approach is just fine. Just keep an open mind and listen. I certainly wouldn't discourage her from talking about these occurrences but I'd keep my response interested, but neutral.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

BrotherH wrote:I think for now, your approach is just fine. Just keep an open mind and listen. I certainly wouldn't discourage her from talking about these occurrences but I'd keep my response interested, but neutral.

I'd explain that some people won't be open to the idea of these spirits, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't real. Maybe this will slow down the process Lost_Demise was talking about, but I doubt it a little. I think part of growing up is getting back the spiritual connection you may have lost in your childhood. I know this has been true for me

Love.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Ha, I see flowersofthelady that you may be one of those people who aren't completely open.
I'd encourage you to be more open to things... How can one person understand the huge world outside of themselves.

Don't get sucked into TV/societal bullcrap, find things out on your own. Question everything.
Love.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

She is quite intuitive, and please don't ruin that (I know that you won't). She considers them friends, and they consider her a friend because she sees them and acknowledges them as existing people. Someone will eventually dim her spirit with saying 'ghosts aren't real'. Just let her befriend them for now.
flowersofthelady

Y0m wrote:Ha, I see flowersofthelady that you may be one of those people who aren't completely open.
I'd encourage you to be more open to things... How can one person understand the huge world outside of themselves.

Don't get sucked into TV/societal bullcrap, find things out on your own. Question everything.
Love.
why do you say im not open? i was talking about what she sees on tv so that no one could respond by saying she got the idea from watching tv.
flowersofthelady

Y0m wrote:
BrotherH wrote:I think for now, your approach is just fine. Just keep an open mind and listen. I certainly wouldn't discourage her from talking about these occurrences but I'd keep my response interested, but neutral.

I'd explain that some people won't be open to the idea of these spirits, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't real. Maybe this will slow down the process Lost_Demise was talking about, but I doubt it a little. I think part of growing up is getting back the spiritual connection you may have lost in your childhood. I know this has been true for me

Love.
maybe when she is a bit older but she is still only 2 years old at the moment and has limited understanding of things.
i have not discouraged her at all, this thing runs in the family but it took me by supprise
Ashkotewagosh

Post by Ashkotewagosh »

i see that you have no intention on stopping your daughter from talkin to spirits and i think thats really cool cuz in modern socity its politically incorrect to let your children believe in things that "dont exsist" (which i very much believe in the exsistence of all things) so if i were in your situation id let her go and have fun with these friends of hers but if her behavior starts changing just make sure you dont let it go too far because ive seen children go from good to bad in these situations and you dont want that to happen trust me lol
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

I think it is important to encourge your little girl to explore this gift. She is innocent to the ills of this world and honestly, this is not only wonderful on a spiritual level but developmentally it is not unusual either. Keep encouraging her.
Jadis

Post by Jadis »

Ravencry wrote: Someone will eventually dim her spirit with saying 'ghosts aren't real'.
A good friend of mine has a child that sees spirits, and my friend encouraged her child but made it clear that not everyone has the ability. The earlier she can understand that she is special and unique but should remain quite about her ability -the better for her. My friends child got picked on a lot for being 'weird' and 'crazy' and eventually her child no longer WANTED the gift and it went away.

I'm trying to think if there is a nursery story or kids movie where there is a main character that is a child who has a special ability. Maybe like superman but for a girl. Something easy to understand.
flowersofthelady

casper the friendly ghost LOL

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”