Ghosts Making You Sick?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
lunar*dandelions

Ghosts Making You Sick?

Post by lunar*dandelions »

A few weeks ago, I was out of state and went on a Ghost Walk Tour. My brother is obsessed with ghosts, so he was pretty pumped. Me? Not so much.

Before the guide began, she warned us that ghosts could attach themselves to people, places, or things. I was wearing a crystal around my neck, so obviously I freaked a little bit when I thought a ghost might attach itself to the crystal (since crystals can store energy). So I took it off and shoved it in my pocket.

The tour guide would stop us at places where ghosts had been seen and tell us the stories of what had happened there. I was doing OK at first, but then I started feeling sick. I felt like there was just so much energy. But when I looked around to see if anyone felt the same, everyone looked just fine. So I took some deep breaths and told myself it was all in my head.

After a few more places, it came back again. I was sweating and felt like I might throw up. I was a little shaky, but I did deep breaths and told myself just to relax.

The last stop was at the graveyard. I ventured closer to my friend and sort of stuck with her. The guide told us she was carrying a pretty powerful protection stone that would [hopefully] be able to protect us all. She then went on to warn us about an evil spirit in the back of the graveyard that made many people feel sick. She didn't force us to go back there, but my friend and my brother both decided they wanted to. So I hung out by the tour guide, feeling a little better knowing she had a protection stone. When one of my friends returned, he told us he felt a little sick. My brother returned and said he felt nothing, but thinks he got some pretty good pictures. My other friend returned and confessed she decided not to go all the way back.

So after that really long story (gasp! I didn't realize there was so much! SORRY!), I guess my question was if it was all in my head. Did my mind just play tricks on me, or were the spirits making me feel that way? Or, stupid question, was the crystal in my pocket attracting them? (It was quartz, which I didn't think would, but still.)

What do you think?
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

I doubt your crystal attracted anything unless it was specifically designed to, which quartz would not do naturally. Honestly, trapping a ghost in a crystal or attaching one to a crystal would be rather difficult unless they really wanted to be.

One thing that your story made me think of is areas with high EMF (electromagnetic fields). Though there is debate as to how exactly EMF is related to paranormal activity--some say ghosts create EMFs, others say the ghosts simply use the EMFs to appear--most agree that paranormal activity and high EMF tend to go hand in hand. However, areas with high EMF can cause illness, headaches, dizziness, nausea, etc in sensitive people. It is possible that you, being more attuned to energies than those around you, simply felt the effects more keenly. Especially with the stories of others getting sick due to the "evil spirit", it seems that something there simply set you off. I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as there are no lingering effects.
lunar*dandelions

Post by lunar*dandelions »

Yea, I didn't think the crystal would. But I just wanted to make sure. And thank you :] I'm okay now, it just freaked me out at the time. Thanks again.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”