In Need of Discussion

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
[Guardian Wolf]

In Need of Discussion

Post by [Guardian Wolf] »

Consult http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... hp?t=13050

That house is a f*cking, god damned hell house. I mean it's scared off two real estate people, one of which did not believe in ghosts. This means that I have to do a cleansing, because no one else in Louisiana wants to touch it. So, I need to figure out how I'm going to cleanse this home.

Since the house needs major work, I'm going to throw my own money into the house and flip it. I have just enough to buy the house, renovate it extensively and then sell it when the real estate market eases up. This house was built in 1835, modernized in 1924 and again in 1982.

So the first thing I'm going to do is move everything out of the house, that way I know that none of the items have been possessed, and are causing the problems in the home.

From there, I am going to personally go through a gut the house. I'm going to pull out the walls, electrical, ceiling and pluming so only the exterior remains and some of the original floors. That way anything hidden in the house will be discovered. Many of the fixtures that have been there forever will be restored, after they are properly cleansed.

From there, I will dig up the lawn, the newer shrubs and the garden. That way if anything is hidden on the property is causing these problems, they will be found and dealt with properly.

Then I will do a cleansing of the house, and cast out all spirits. I will then ward the house so the spirits cannot return.

From there, I will restore the house to its former self with refurbished floors, new walls etc, etc.

Any suggestions, ideas, anything?
Teaca

Post by Teaca »

it sounds like a lot of work but it sounds like it will work. what if you try to talk to the spirits?
merry meet, merry part, until we meet again blessed be
[Guardian Wolf]

Teaca wrote:it sounds like a lot of work but it sounds like it will work. what if you try to talk to the spirits?
Tried and failed. Now I'm forced to use force.
Teaca

Post by Teaca »

I'm sorry. I wish I could help you.
merry meet, merry part, until we meet again blessed be
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

I would suggest using a Blackthorn wand to help find any objects hidden in the house or on the property. Another thing to look out for would be, carved symbols on the underside of floorboards. My grandmother carved a symbol on the underside of a mans (tried to use her) floorboard in his bedroom, so he would never get a full nights sleep as long as he lived in that house. I would also get rid of every door in the place. Doors are easy to replace, but hollow doors are great hiding places.

I would be more than happy to help you with the cleansing if you plan on working it anytime after the first of May.
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

Stephanie Mae wrote:
I would be more than happy to help you with the cleansing if you plan on working it anytime after the first of May.
I will be moving to Alabama in May, so I would not be too far off.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

when you put back in the walls and flooring, put herbs and objects to ward off evil. Clense everything with sage. I would plant some nettle in the front.
[Guardian Wolf]

JBRaven wrote:when you put back in the walls and flooring, put herbs and objects to ward off evil. Clense everything with sage. I would plant some nettle in the front.
Sage and nettle, got it.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Im sure this goes without saying but dont over-exert yourself.

You mentioned that the house has charms and magick to hold energies in, it would be a very good idea, in my opinion, to strengthen and renew this shield to make sure that no negativity can follow you out. It only takes an exhausting day and something to follow you out of there and things will get ugly.

I would also be really grateful if you could keep us posted on this, i think it will be a great learning experience, at least for myself, to see how you deal with this situation. I would love to delve into protection and such so to have an insight would be brilliant.
[Guardian Wolf]

The thing is that most of these things were to keep the energy in. I want the energy out. I have to remove the wards, but then I have to create new wards as well.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Do you know any history on this house?
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I see the dilemma!

It may be worth making a strong shield around the place you are staying then!
Zak*walker

Post by Zak*walker »

Try cleansing the house with a sage and lavender knotted sitck, also check for hollow wall pannels and maybe behind some old items in the house wat seems like they couldnt be moved, my old house was a very big old house in my old room was a walk wardrobe and behind the back wall was another little room filled with old books and stuff i clensed everything and did a relive from evil spell and gave them away, then redone the new little room and hid it again and used it as my own little secret altar wicca room, sadly tho a year later we had to move :(
[Guardian Wolf]

Zak*walker wrote:also check for hollow wall pannels and maybe behind some old items in the house wat seems like they couldnt be moved, my old house was a very big old house in my old room was a walk wardrobe and behind the back wall was another little room filled with old books and stuff i clensed everything and did a relive from evil spell and gave them away, then redone the new little room and hid it again and used it as my own little secret altar wicca room, sadly tho a year later we had to move :(
That's why a large portion of the house is getting demoed.
Do you know any history on this house?
Other then what I told you. It was built 1935 by a cotton farmer. His daughter died in the house from pneumonia(?) in 1938, and his wife died of "fever" in 1841. Both people passed in the house.

His son inherited the house in 1859, before joining the Louisiana Militia in 1861. He served at the Battle of New Orleans (the Civil War one, not the 1812 one) and served later in and was wounded in the battle of Irish Bend. He lived in the house and raised a family until 1881(?).

From there it passed to a black sharecropper, who bought several neighboring spreads. His family lived their until 1910ish. The house was then bought by a member of the New Orleans crime family, who in 1920 made massive renovations. These renovations included a new addition, which doubled the size of the house and it was first wired for electricity.

He had the house until the 1950s. From there it passed hands many, many times. Until 1990 when it was bought by the previous (now deceased) owner. The deceased owner is who I blame for everything that's happening in the house (again see the link to the previous post).
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

I would work on the house one room at a time. Pick a room, clean it, clear it, cleanse it, bless it, and make sure you get all the negative energy out. You need a stronghold before you can work to conquer the whole thing, and you need somewhere to retreat to if the energies get overwhelming. The first room should probably be one that it is possible to exit through if you need to get out of there, not be trapped upstairs in a windowless room.

Also, keep in mind that the walls could have been painted with symbols, then painted over. This is how a friend of mine does his shielding, because the symbols are not visible, but are still there. It might be worth stripping off any paint on the walls and then repainting to prevent this sort of thing. Also make sure you check under the stairs if the boards on them can be removed, there is usually a lot of room in there that could be used to hide charms and stuff.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”