SomeTHING was in my house...

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
[ShadowPhoenix]

SomeTHING was in my house...

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

the night before last. I heard a really LOUD growl coming from the hallway. Our dog Satie went to investigate, with me hobbling after her. I could sense something was there and she was barking seemingly at nothing, however, I could also see sort of a cloud or silhouette of something.

I backed away and returned to the living room and grounded and shielded because I didn't know what else to do in my current state. A bit later I went to bed and heard it again I went to the doorway and down the hall a door slammed shut (keep in mind I was the only one in the house other than the dog at the time) then the next door flung open. Then, the bathroom door slammed shut. There was only one door left then mine would be next, so I shut my door and locked it and got into bed as fast as I could and covered myself with the blanket...

The other guestrooom door flung open. Then, there was a bang on mine, then it opened after the second try I had a peephole but could see nothing at all, just the hall light. I went to sleep a bit later, and woke up because I had the sensation of drowning. I couldn't move at first, but the more I struggled the more I could move. I went to the bathroom and just coughed up all kinds of gunk. I thought I'd share this with everyone before I forgot about it...well who could forget something like that but ya know, but I've not really been feeling myself since then... :? :(

So, was this an...attack? I'm clueless...I told you I haven't been myself :?
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

Have you worked magic recently? Invoked, evoked, summoned, invited anything recently?
[ShadowPhoenix]

No, I have not. With my recent absence from the forum I took a complete break from everything...except for when I was in Florida on vacation...I tried a spell to send a storm away...which did backfire in every way possible :( . Other than that though...nothing.
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

I do not think it was an attack. I think it was a message.

It must b e hard to communicate across realms/realities/planes/dimensions....
[ShadowPhoenix]

A message? To scare me apparantly...but I have had great success with weather spells in the past...I don't understand. :?
Alicat
Banned Member

Post by Alicat »

[ShadowPhoenix]

Hmm, I suppose you have a valid point Alicat...Still is it something I should worry myself with?
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

ShadowPhoenix wrote:A message? To scare me apparantly...but I have had great success with weather spells in the past...I don't understand. :?
Give the messenger a break, its damn hard to send messages across Dimensions and/or Realities.

Think about it this way. A lot of people Fear spiders. What happens when a spider tries to send a message to an technophobe? They have a strong Negative reaction. Fear!

Was the Spider attacking? Helping? How important is what they spider has to teach or say?

See what I mean?

Ohhh any nodes, lines, fields, or any other source of high amounts of energy?

Peace
Mick
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

I can also tell you (from personal experience) that a lot of spirits have trouble communicating, and not all are benevolent. I've dealt with enough over the years that I now have firm "office hours" of sorts, and will not deal with anything rude enough to cause serious issues in my home. A firm "go away and do not bother me again" is usually a good start, make clear your attentions. Or, if you wish to talk to it, tell it that if it doesn't behave and stop causing disruptions, you will not listen at all.

Then reach out and try to communicate. This works differently for everyone. Ouija boards are dangerous if you aren't very careful, so I don't recommend those. However, you can just ask it to find a way to communicate nonviolently and see what happens. If you can't figure it out, explain to it that spirit work isn't up your alley, and you're probably not the best one to talk to. Generally, if it is an aware spirit and not either a.bound to the location (which I doubt, as you haven't run into it before) or b.intending to cause harm, you should be able to encourage it to move on.

Otherwise, if you feel it is an actual spirit, not just residual energy, or a manifestation of your own energies, further steps can be taken. You mentioned you have not been working with energy lately. Is it possible that a build-up of your own subconscious energy could have caused this, overwhelming you? Generally a blessing of the house is best for ridding yourself of a spirit, using sage or incense to purify the house. Salt or olive oil at the doorways of the house offer added protection against it returning to bother you.

Hope this helped! Please keep us posted on what happens!
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

@Belinda *claps great post*

How about an Astral Projection gone wrong?

Sheild any and all sources of power/energy.
Alicat
Banned Member

Post by Alicat »

HonorRose
Banned Member

Post by HonorRose »

You know, sometimes inducing fear can be a way for a spirit to warn you to 'back off.' It isn't necessarily to harm you, in fact it is usually an attempt to protect you from something you aren't ready for. *shrug* I don't know if that applies to your situation, because I don't know what sort of magic you've done before (you mentioned you've been somewhat magic-free save for the back firing storm spell) but I just thought I'd trow that out there in case you later find a connection.
[ShadowPhoenix]

ok well...I am now hearing like raspy breathing sounds and I can feel as though SOMETHING is there...and I've not done anything else. Someone wants my attention I believe, but I'm unable to figure out what they want. I'm too tired to think about this right now though...come to think of it...I only get really tired when I hear the noises...then I have the weird dreams about the werewolves...hmmm, perhaps they're somehow connected. That would be odd, indeed...Even when I used to deal with Shadows I'd never experienced anything like this. This is bothersome! :x I think I'll fight sleep a bit longer though...Bats? if you read this what's your take on my situation? You know I always turn to you. :P
TaciRain
Banned Member

Post by TaciRain »

I cant really help with this because the ghosts i've always dealt with have just been residentual and not summoned in any way, but just your descriptions of the stuff thats going on give me chillls!
Goodluck w/ whatever it is. I hope you figure uot what its trying to tell you.
Her_Child

Post by Her_Child »

Any new happenings Shadow? I'm going to cautiously assume that since nothing else has been mentioned, that these events have subsided?

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”