Greenbriar Va Ghost

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Greenbriar Va Ghost

Post by SpiritTalker »

https://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMNQR

Description:
Interred in nearby cemetery is Zona Heaster Shue. Her death in 1897 was presumed natural until her spirit appeared to her mother to describe how she was killed by her husband Edward. Autopsy on the exhumed body verified the apparition's account. Edward, found guilty of murder, was sentenced to the state prison. Only known case in which testimony from ghost helped convict a murderer.
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Greenbriar Va Ghost

Post by Anubisa »

Yep. I live in WV and I have seen the marker. I haven't been to the cemetery, but I would like to see it one day. I learned about it when I was a child, probably about 8 or 9 when my mom got me a book about the greenbriar ghost and more stories about wv ghosts. It's a really amazing case.
Anubisa
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Re: Greenbriar Va Ghost

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

There are other, if not so famous, spirits who have solved their own murders. Where I grew up, a spirit came back to the bridge he had been pushed from onto the train tracks to fall down again and again and from the way he fell it was clear it had not been suicide. The killer confessed after seeing it for herself.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”