Protection/repelling spell needs a refresh...maybe?

For you advanced spell crafters looking to get feedback on spells you wrote.
Kamii

Protection/repelling spell needs a refresh...maybe?

Post by Kamii »

So, I may not have thought this one through properly - or rather, I didn't do any forward thinking. I joined the forum specifically to see if anyone could help.

I cast (and now wear) a protection/repelling spell. But now I'm realising it's not going to last as long as I thought, and I need some advice.

So the spell is super simple. It's 6 steel pins, and one copper pin, surrounded by rosemary and salt in a sealed bottle. I wear it around my neck to protect me from a manipulative/nasty individual that unfortunately I can't get away from (we're a small team at work, and I only get one day without him sharing the space with me... not helped by the fact he lives in the same building as me - not the same house, but same block of apartments).
Each steel pin tells a reason why I want him away from me. The copper one represents me.
The pins are meant to attract the bad vibes and negativity, and the rosemary/salt will neutralise it.

And it seems to be working - I haven't had any of the name calling or rumours spreading since I've been wearing it.

My problem is, the rosemary is turning black, there is no condensation in the bottle or anything that I can see that would indicate natural decomposition. It's been four weeks now, and he got back from holiday last week - it seems to have got worse in the past 3-4days (at least, thats when I started noticing it).

So my question is, am I going to have to recast? Is it safe to just 'change out' the rosemary? Should I do something special with the bottle while it's still sealed, like bury it (it's glass)?

Thanks in advance for any words of advice. :)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Protection/repelling spell needs a refresh...maybe?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Most kinds of protection talisman spells need re-upping. It's often done annually. I'd say the rosemary has signs that it's done the job and has reached full capacity. You can redo it any time you feel it's needed.

As to changing out the herbs ... What matters is how the interruption effects your attitude about it's effectiveness. IMO, a spell is a whole unit, One Thing, all parts working in union. But you may not feel that way which is 100%OK. You could program the new sprig of herb to carry on the former's function, but it does need instruction. It's not like changing a battery. The rosemary's a living thing with a responsive life force.
Kamii

Re: Protection/repelling spell needs a refresh...maybe?

Post by Kamii »

You're right, I don't think I'd be as confident with it if I just changed it out. I like the idea of what is sealed, stays sealed.

Thank you :)

Return to “Spell Critique”