My Dogs ate my spell

For you advanced spell crafters looking to get feedback on spells you wrote.
Sumer-rising

My Dogs ate my spell

Post by Sumer-rising »

I cast a love spell and my dog ate all the materials, is the spell ruined? I burned the remaining material ..
What should I do?
Will it not work now?
It was the first night of a 13 day spell.
I have never had this happen before, so I am at a loss. Literally did it immediately after I closed the circle and walked away :(
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Re: My Dogs ate my spell

Post by planewalker »

Ground and center yourself. Let go of the fear that all is ruined. Let go of any anger. You know you can't stay mad at that cute "Furbaby" face. Calmly reach out with the question you seek an answer for. The answer will be there. Listen to whatever your patroon deity has to tell you and proceed in that manner. Sometimes things work out in a manner that is not to our liking. That doesn't mean that's not the best way for them to work.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Frankly I wonder how the dogs are, they could get real sick depending what your ingredients were.
I would scrap it and do it again later, this seems like a sign.
bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Yeah, I think it's negative too. Tristan's had a bad time the last while. It was a cop out. I thought it better if her Deity broke the news.
Sumer-rising

Post by Sumer-rising »

I would say it is negative that he did that to the materials but he also ate a pair of underwear, a box and some cat litter too. It was a love drawing spell for positive energy and honestly my dog gets it these jerk phases where he does this . Nothing harmful but sugar a piece of paper and a candle..
planewalker
Banned Member

Post by planewalker »

Hate to say it, but that's why I'm a cat person. I'd guess you don't need to vacuum the house very often. Your dog eats food too, I hope. If not your going to run out of small objects.
barker

Post by barker »

I tried to cast a love spell and just as i was doing it somebody i knew banged on the door unexpectedly. I cast it again after they left and regret it somehow. I do believe such coincidences are to tell us "not this time". ie don't do that. If you get that sense you can tidy up all the love/energy/thoughts and call it a result that way. barker
Sumer-rising

Post by Sumer-rising »

I wonder if it has something to do with Mercury in Retrograde? The universe telling me that it is not time.
planewalker
Banned Member

Post by planewalker »

Follow the things you know. I've been using an Egyptian spell of Horace with my AmerInd spirit guide - the Hawk for 45 years. My greatgrams came up with the combination. One worked the Craft, the other AmerInd medicine. They knew each other, meet at some function {I think it was when I was born. I'm the only common thread they had.}of the family.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think this might be a heads up to use non toxic ingredients for spells if you have animals, and to also be very aware of where your ingredients and animals are at all times. Dogs tend to be especially omnivorous. I remember when Stormy, walk in peace, ate a bag of honey lemon cough drops. She also rolled on a bar of Irish Spring deodorant soap at the park. I was quite thankful that it wasn't something stinky.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

You could make a separate area - out of the dogs' reach - where you can place spells to "cook" after assembly. If small enough, use a spell box, which is a traditional practice.
Sumer-rising

Post by Sumer-rising »

Thanks everyone, I have discovered the culprit of who ate it too. Good thing it wasn't toxic...same dog seen me open some mail and put it on the kitchen table only to go over when i walked out of the room and eat it. He does this sometimes...
as for the spell I tidied up and waited until a Friday to cast again...
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

One of my cat's is a "sink-sitter", and of course it's the one with the hairiest feet, so when she's done in the sink she leaves gigantic soggy foot prints ... And the first thing she seeks out is the mail, so I started giving her all the ads to sit on and sog. She looks so happy. Talk about a paper trail. (i got tired of drying bills.) She is a champion box-sitter as well. If it fits, she sits. She just wants to be involved.

Anyhow, maybe your dog just wants a piece of the action, and the mail carrier's scent is a challenge to a dog's protection racket. Tails are thump-thump-thumping.
Sumer-rising

Post by Sumer-rising »

I think he likes to just eat stuff...because he can be kind of a jerk.LOL
thats kind of cute about your cat...he needs mail for drying.
planewalker
Banned Member

Post by planewalker »

Animals can have strange habits. All mine are in a summer meadow with slow mice, low flying birds and cat-nip plants I settled them in. One I had that would eat off the table. He loved Thanksgiving. Not for turkey. He loved olives. Take out the pimento and he was a happy cat. I figure it was the salt. My furbaby that just passed would steal strawberries if I sat the bowl I had them in down. I'm clueless as to why. I had another who always loved to play "ten pounds of kitty in a five pound box". She'd fall asleep, fall over and scare the bee-gee-bers out of herself. The strawberry cat would try to sneak into the bathroom after someone took a shower. She'd roll all over the floor of the shower and then sit on the drain very pleased with herself. Dang animals got as weird as I am. Maybe I'm a bad influence.

Return to “Spell Critique”