Please Help With A Knot Spell!

For you advanced spell crafters looking to get feedback on spells you wrote.
SouthernSolitary

Please Help With A Knot Spell!

Post by SouthernSolitary »

Ok I need help.

During the recent hurricane in my area, I casted a knot spell (knot of 9).

Unfortunately, I placed the string under my pillow with the intention of returning and putting it in a safer place, but when I came back the string had disappeared!! :(

So now I have a few questions:
Does this mean the spell will not work?
If my cat got a hold of it and ate it, lol, what will happen?
Should I cast the same spell again, will that one work? (Although I casted it during the hurricane for maximum efficacy so now I'm afraid it won't be as effective.)

Best case scenario, no one finds it so it will still work and never be undone..Worst case scenario, the cat got it or because it's lost, it will never work and another one won't be as powerful.

Please help! TIA.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Please Help With A Knot Spell!

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm going to assume you've looked inside the pillow case, down under the edge of the mattress, etc. And since knot spells are generally to tie something up until released, or bind together or hold in place, etc., I'll guess that's the general intent. So, with that said, had you also done a divination before hand to see if doing the spell as intended, ie, in concert with the extreme forces of biggest danged storm in 99 years, was a good idea or over-kill. If not, the cord could have been diverted by any forces you may request to aid your work. I've had it happen, and was grateful to the Powers for interceding and preventing a foul on my part.

If the cat swallowed it, & time will reveal this (e-ew) & as it disintegrates, intervention has diverted the effect & cancelled the extreme force; but I think knots have to be untied to release the power. If it's destroyed or made disgustingly unusable it's cancelled by intervention. If you find it was dropped & laying around the house, you can untie the knots at an appropriate time.

Watch your dreams over the next week or so. You may get some indication of how to proceed. If something needs binding so much that you'd metaphorically throw a hurricane at it, the problem needs to be readdressed, so do some rethinking and try again. Maybe you caught some rain water and can still use the storm-power, without the extremes.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

If you're concerned that the cat got hold of it, watch the cat and the litter box for evidence. My concern with the cat possibly getting it, is an intestinal obstruction. If it comes out in the end, that's not pretty, but the cat is probably okay. I'm more familiar with cats, than with knotwork, so I can't really address more than the cat part of your question.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SouthernSolitary

SpiritTalker wrote:I'm going to assume you've looked inside the pillow case, down under the edge of the mattress, etc. And since knot spells are generally to tie something up until released, or bind together or hold in place, etc., I'll guess that's the general intent. So, with that said, had you also done a divination before hand to see if doing the spell as intended, ie, in concert with the extreme forces of biggest danged storm in 99 years, was a good idea or over-kill. If not, the cord could have been diverted by any forces you may request to aid your work. I've had it happen, and was grateful to the Powers for interceding and preventing a foul on my part.

If the cat swallowed it, & time will reveal this (e-ew) & as it disintegrates, intervention has delayed the effect (something like burying it) & cancelled the extreme force; but I think knots have to be untied to release the power. If it's destroyed, it's cancelled by intervention. If you find it laying around the house, you can untie the knots at an appropriate time.

Watch your dreams over the next week or so. You may get some indication of how to proceed. If something needs binding so much that you'd metaphorically throw a hurricane at it, the problem may respond to being readdressed.
I have looked EVERYWHERE! :(

Yes, the spell was intentional during the hurricane for maximum power, it was very important to me. But I didn't do a divination to see if it was overkill. To me, because the subject of the spell couldn't have been more urgent.

I did a knot spell so that the SPELL ITSELF would be binding and never undone, which would be ideal. But now that it's lost or possibly eaten I'm afraid it won't work.

I'll be patient to see if it turns up, but if not, you are right, it will have to be reassessed and readdressed so that I can either try to find it with another spell or possibly try and redo it through other means.

I was wondering also that if it is indeed lost, but still intact, if doing another spell with the same subject would even work.
SouthernSolitary

SnowCat wrote:If you're concerned that the cat got hold of it, watch the cat and the litter box for evidence. My concern with the cat possibly getting it, is an intestinal obstruction. If it comes out in the end, that's not pretty, but the cat is probably okay. I'm more familiar with cats, than with knotwork, so I can't really address more than the cat part of your question.

Snow
Lol he is always eating all kinds of stuff, I think he'll be fine..The string was small and I think probably easily digested. But first sure I'll watch him. It's already been a couple of days and he's not had any change in behavior-poop or otherwise... Lol
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Maybe you caught some rain water and can still use the storm-power, without the extremes.
SouthernSolitary

SpiritTalker wrote:Maybe you caught some rain water and can still use the storm-power, without the extremes.
OMG that is a fabulous idea. Out to collect some ASAP!
SouthernSolitary

Oh, I'm not worried about my pussy. My pussy's good. Lmao.

Return to “Spell Critique”