Help with binding spell

For you advanced spell crafters looking to get feedback on spells you wrote.
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Help with binding spell

Post by EtherealMoonRose »

My neighbour is still slandering us at every opportunity he gets.

I'm planning on doing a binding spell tonight. I need to make a poppet. The spell I will be using calls for hair or nail clippings of my neighbour or foot track dirt ect. Not sure this is possible to obtain as he has security cameras at his house pointing directly onto the street.

Can I use grass instead?? There's a path he walks to and from his driveway. I may be able to go over there and go to knock on his door (making sure he isn't home first) and take some of the grass.

I've never done a binding spell before. I'm guessing the poppet won't be as powerful without something with his energy in it, am I right?

Help!
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night"
Becks

Re: Help with binding spell

Post by Becks »

I'm sure you're not doing this lightly. I've sent you a pm.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

There are binding spells that do not require parts of the target, that do not require criminal conduct on your part. It would be unwise to trespass on his property, and taking a bit of his lawn would not do you any good.

Best wishes in resolving your problem within the bounds of the law.
Myrth
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Criminal conduct?! Lol. In that case i could have charged him with trespassing many, many times. Like when he dumps piles of palm branches in front of my front door and hurls abuse at us infront of my children. Or switches my electricity off by the metre box (yes, I have SEEN him do this twice). These are just an example. I have many more.

I didn't want to have to go on his property at all that's why i came on here and asked what else i could do. It's all sorted and the wheels are now in motion.

And don't worry, I didn't commit a crime.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

Myrth
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Not sure why you're suggesting that article to me. --?
Lux

Post by Lux »

People are just trying to point out the downsides of binding. Aggressive magic is not something to take lightly.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

EtherealMoonRose, let's remember to keep this discussion respectful, even if you don't like the answers you're hearing. Thanks.

Once when I was considering a binding spell for someone who was very dangerous, I was cautioned by someone much wiser that binding spells are a constant drain on your own energy and may even require the spell to be renewed frequently as they break through. Binding spells often strengthen the bond (however toxic) between the spellcaster and the subject. That's why most would prefer to instead cast wards of protection on your own property and other measures that aren't so draining.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Xiao Rong wrote:Once when I was considering a binding spell for someone who was very dangerous, I was cautioned by someone much wiser that binding spells are a constant drain on your own energy and may even require the spell to be renewed frequently as they break through. Binding spells often strengthen the bond (however toxic) between the spellcaster and the subject. That's why most would prefer to instead cast wards of protection on your own property and other measures that aren't so draining.
That was kind of my thought regarding this situation, Xiao. Reminds me of a working I did where my first instinct was to "hot foot" a malevolent individual out of an innocent person's house (at family members' requests who were concerned about the innocent person not being able to defend herself). But, my reading on the situation (always do a reading before beginning a work!) advised that the innocent individual has lived a virtuous life, and despite how things might look outwardly, she actually had a ton of guardians actively working on her behalf.

The reading said the magic the situation required was simply to strengthen HER energy (as well as that of the property), and the rest would take care of itself, including the bad individual being removed from the premises as a natural consequence. It was a totally different and unexpected route than what I'd wanted to do. Going the way I first thought to go would probably have, as you mentioned, just created a toxic bond that might have been somewhat detrimental to me in the long run. Or maybe it wouldn't have, who knows. Regardless, I much better liked the more positive course of action Spirit recommended for the situation, instead! :wink:

With utilizing magic, there's often more than one way to resolve a situation. But, when our emotions are high, it's hard for us to see, let alone accept, any other opinion besides our own knee-jerk, gut reaction. Since I was on the "outside" of the situation I described above, it was easier for me to keep a cool head about it, and stand down. But, if I'd been the one living in the house with that knuckleheaded person, chances are I probably would have wanted to take much stronger action. lol

Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

I totally understand what everyone was saying. It's not something I did lightly at all and I think people have misunderstood where I was coming from.

I have taken every mundane measure possible (Besides taking out a VRO) This was my last resort.

I put a protective shield around my house monthly.

This is a person that has not only made my life a living hell but also my childrens. If I can use my craft as a form of self defense and protection, I will and I see nothing wrong with that. I don't see it as dark magic. I understand people have differing opinions- and that's ok.
SirisDerp

Post by SirisDerp »

Have you tried calling on the local authorities multiple times? When you call the police on a regular basis, it creates a history for them to fall back on in concerns of the individual. And you can then turn around and file for a restraining order with that history of paperwork. Also keep personal logs of your neighbours transgressions complete with dates, times, and details. The police can't exactly file a restraining order without logs and paperwork to refer to. It's the same that can be applied to stalkers, which is unfortunate. And then if this individual breaks the restraining order, the police will arrest this man.

While I understand your frustration with your neighbour, there are ways to deal with this by mundane means. Binding won't solve anything in your situation. (I don't condone it and personally have no qualms with this sort of magic.) If you prefer to cast something for peace of mind while taking this course of action, shielding your property and regular cleansing should help and be more beneficial you.
Ethereal Moon Rose

Hi Siris

Yes, we have logged most things. It goes back to 2008. I also have multiple witnesses ect. Just haven't gone down the restraining order route because well, he lives right next to us. I really need to speak to a lawyer too before I go down that route to make sure we have any legal grounds to at least file for harassment (I'm worried nothing can be done because he's our neighbour) But all of that costs money.
SirisDerp

Help with binding spell

Post by SirisDerp »

Ethereal Moon Rose wrote:Hi Siris

Yes, we have logged most things. It goes back to 2008. I also have multiple witnesses ect. Just haven't gone down the restraining order route because well, he lives right next to us. I really need to speak to a lawyer too before I go down that route to make sure we have any legal grounds to at least file for harassment (I'm worried nothing can be done because he's our neighbour) But all of that costs money.
Neighbour or not, it doesn't matter. You can still go down that route for a restraining order. It'd apply to the boundaries of your property, you, your children, and husband. It's like a figurative bubble neither party can cross without violating the terms of the restraining order. Speak to a lawyer to file for harassment and possible restraining order. Speaking to a legal counsel will break down your options better than I can tell you. In the mean time, be safe and look out for your kids. Treat this individual as dangerous and avoid at all costs. This person sounds incredibly angry and an angry person can do things a rational person wouldn't. It wouldn't help your cause to go to his property for some grass clippings. That'd actually hurt your case because then it'd look as if you two are throwing rocks at each other, know what I mean? As long as you build your case that this person is an aggressor and you're just doing what you can to avoid/protect yourself, it'll be straight forward.
Ethereal Moon Rose

Yeah thanks for the advice. I didn't get any grass clippings lol. I'm happy with the magical boundaries I've put up for now and it would seem as though, for now, he has backed off slightly. But yes, it's definitely something I will look into.
SirisDerp

Post by SirisDerp »

That's good to hear! Both about the grass clippings and him backing off. LOL Still! Be careful! It's good that you're happy with your magical boundaries. You could make spelled protection amulets for your kids to carry around as well if you should ever feel the need. Don't let this stop you from reaching out and seeking legal help. It's been going on for years and not going to stop if it's been going on for this long.

Return to “Spell Critique”