Communication and Confidence Spell

For you advanced spell crafters looking to get feedback on spells you wrote.
Akairyuu

Communication and Confidence Spell

Post by Akairyuu »

This is a spell that I made for myself in order to ease some of my symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome. My main problems was lack of confidence and problems communicating with people so those were my main focus.

My main tool to my spell was a communication and confidence talisman that I made. I cast the spell on a Wednesday with the waxing moon in Leo on the hour of Mercury just after I made the talisman.

This is the main incantation that I made: I'm not a writer so it might not be very good but it seemed to have worked as I managed to do a presentation (the bane of my existence) at uni without many faults :) I have a particular way of thinking when it comes to the poetry, where I need to mention the moon phase, planet of focus, the elements of focus and the main aim, and I need it nice and long to build up the energy.

Anyway, here's the spell. I hope you like it and feel free to comment or gave suggestions on if any.

"Oh! Dear God and Goddess, I call to thee
Please listen now and hear thy plea.
In the light of the waxing moon
I do hope for courage soon.
In the influence of Mercury's glow,
Let thy speak fluently so.
Lower thy barrier of voice I plea,
This is my wish upon to thee.
Element of fire, so courageous and bright,
Element of air, so refreshing and light,
I ask of thee to lend your courage and voice,
So I may communicate, this is my choice.
Now with my fire burning with might,
And with my voice so loud and bright.
I give thanks to all of thee,
And as my will, so mote it be."
Kassandra

Re: Communication and Confidence Spell

Post by Kassandra »

Akairyuu wrote:I need to mention the moon phase, planet of focus, the elements of focus and the main aim, and I need it nice and long to build up the energy.
I, too, like to mention the elements used, and the intent for them, as well. Sometimes I touch on the way things are now (only so I don't forget in the future and return to it again --I keep copies of some of my wordings), how this working will change it, and then mention how things look in the new scenario, speaking in present tense, as you have.

I also like how you express gratitude. Sometimes people are so adamant about getting what they want, gimme-gimme-gimme, they neglect to say thank you, so it's nice that you include that. The only part I'd take another look at, as far as the wording, is the "thy," which is an old English way of saying "your." So, in the context of the following phrases, perhaps they should be changed to, "me" and "my," respectively:
Akairyuu wrote:Let thy speak fluently so.
Lower thy barrier of voice I plea
Anyway, I think you did a good job. The best thing is, you have tried this and it worked for you. May it work for others and help them triumphantly overcome lack of confidence and communication challenges, as well. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us! :P

This message board is very international, which I love. I always get fascinated by other lands, and wonder what things are looking like there, too. May I ask what general area of Scotland you live in, and how's the weather there this time of year? It's been a beautiful 18-21 celcius in my area in California, USA during the holidays, which was nice.

Akairyuu

Re: Communication and Confidence Spell

Post by Akairyuu »

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback and I will keep the 'thy' word in mind :).

I live in Edinburgh; over here its only about 7°C so its a bit colder. It was fairly cloudy today and it was pouring yesterday; typical Scottish weather lol. It's actually been fairly mild this year; last year we even had snow in March.

Return to “Spell Critique”