Opinions on a spell.

For you advanced spell crafters looking to get feedback on spells you wrote.
InfiniteDawn

Opinions on a spell.

Post by InfiniteDawn »

I made a post recently looking for help on a friendship spell. I got some great responses which I'm extremely grateful for but I'd still like to cast a spell in hopes of results closer to home as well.

Cast circle and light a pink candle.
Recite: "Mother and Father,
Wise and strong,
I call upon thee
For a friendship long.

Mother and Father,
Loving and kind,
I call upon thee,
For friendship to find.

Stable as Earth,
Free as Air,
Passionate as Fire,
And calm as Water

Bring this wealth of friendship to me,
This is my will; so mote it be."

While visualising each element. Close circle.

Any critique or advice on how to improve would be much appreciated! (This is my first self-written spell)
Pinkpower_80

Re: Opinions on a spell.

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I don't have a critique but I just wanted to tell you that is a lovely, very well-written spell. :)
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I like the incantation very much!

In my opinion, which you are absolutely free to disregard, I think you should add a stanza about how you plan to love and cherish this friend. I think friendship is all about reciprocity, and I think it's appropriate to say that if you get the friend you ask for, you plan on being a blessing to his/her life too. (of course, it's not that I think you'd be a bad friend; I just think on general principle you should show that you are willing to give in order to receive) I'd also think some offerings would be appropriate too.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I agree with Xiao about the reciprocity. You could say something like "bring this circle of friendship to me," instead of wealth.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

It sounds beautiful. :woot:
InfiniteDawn

Post by InfiniteDawn »

Thank you all so much! I was actually hesitant to post it since it's the first one I wrote myself.

I think you're right, Xiao and SnowCat; I will definitely modify it to include a stanza about reprocity. You made a very good point :)

Xiao: could you suggest some offerings? I'm not sure exactly what I could use as an offering. :surprisedwitch:
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Sure! I just think that you should leave an offering as a gesture of giving in order to receive, to build on this idea of reciprocity. Food, I think, would be a great idea - maybe some milk, honey, water, or wine for drinks; a cookie, cake, bread, or fruit for food. You can either leave them outside (I like the idea of leaving it out for wildlife, but I realize that's not the best idea in some places), or on an altar, or even donate them today. Just a thought, though.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
InfiniteDawn

Post by InfiniteDawn »

I love the idea of leaving an offering outside! That's perfect; I live in a secluded area with LOTS of wildlife. Thank you so much for all the amazing help :)
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

That's a really awesome spell! I might visualize seeing myself happy with a friend though. Just believe and it will work! :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
InfiniteDawn

Post by InfiniteDawn »

Whatever works for you! Modify it however you like :) Good luck! I'm casting my final version of this on Friday with the full moon overhead!

Return to “Spell Critique”