Reversal Spell

For you advanced spell crafters looking to get feedback on spells you wrote.
ebenb84

Reversal Spell

Post by ebenb84 »

write the original spell on paper and light a black candle. visualize the energy of the original spell turning to dust and returning to the earth while chanting

this spell was cast
it cannot last
reverse the power
this very hour

light the paper with the spell written on it on fire and drop it into a heat proof dish and allow the candle to burn itself out. dispose of the ashes and the left over wax away from your property
Victoria Mnemosyne

Re: Reversal Spell

Post by Victoria Mnemosyne »

I like the chant.. very succint and clear
Tasariel

Post by Tasariel »

I'm not sure if this is a particularly good critique or anything, but I'm wondering - Is there a particular size of candle that should be used?
If so, would the length of the candle be correllated in any way with the strength of the original spell that's being reversed?

I like the chant itself, short and sweet seems to feel right to me, for something like this.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

i think its a great spell only thing id suggest is not to reuse candles that were once used for a spell. I'm unsure if you knew that but I thought it was worth mentioning. also when you extinguish a candle as opposed to letting your candle burn completely out on its own. I recommend wetting your thumb and pointer finger and pinching out the flame while saying '
"though your flame is extinguished in the physical, It shines/burns eternal in the astral."

Then pinch the flame out.

This is good to do with your god and goddess candles as well as your altar and quarter candles :)
Victoria Mnemosyne

Symandinome, I love that candle extinguishing idea.. mind if I put it in my BOS?
ebenb84

Post by ebenb84 »

well candle size really i don't think should matter too very much, i usually use taper candles because where i live it's hard to find black candles and the times that i've tried to make black candles they generally turn out the color of something that should be left in the toilet. but to answer the candle size question, i think it's more up to a personal preferance than anything else. although i wouldn't really recommend using birthday candles as the can be handy for some spells this one you will need a candle that will last a little longer and not risk burning yourself or anything else (besides the paper).

and symandinome brings up a good point, candles should be unused when casting any spell, also broken candles shouldn't be used as the break in the wax will interfere with the energy that flows through the candle. (think of it like the electrical circuits in your house, if there is a break in the circuit then part of the house won't have electricity). also like was stated before, if you can't allow the candle to burn out or whatever use a candle snuffer or your fingers while saying something like symandinome stated. you should never blow out a candle for a few reasons, it can scatter the energy of the spell and change it and some feel that it is disrespectful to the element of fire using the element of air to exstinguish it.

thank you all for your feed back.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

Victoria wrote:Symandinome, I love that candle extinguishing idea.. mind if I put it in my BOS?
Anything I ever post on here I post freely and welcome openly the idea of anyone wanting to use my ideas or opinions

ENJOY :)
ladymorgaine82

Post by ladymorgaine82 »

Ebenb84, you don't need to have a specific color of candle. White substitutes all colors. If it is a candle that is supposed to burn itself out, I use white tea candles. I feel they are a bit safer. That way, too, if I want the color for visualization, the container can be colored or wrapped in a ribbon.
Lady Morgaine

Everyone has a Witch within, only those of us who trust in who we are embrace that part of our soul.
lonely11

Post by lonely11 »

Hi I made the Knot Love Spell,how to stop it from working?
lonely11

Post by lonely11 »

Please something simple like a chant or something,not with candles and all
Victoria Mnemosyne

lonely, maybe if you described the spell you performed we could help you better.
If it involved tying an actual knot, i would suggest repeating the rhyme ebenb posted (or something similar) while untying the knot. Otherwise, if you said an incantation, you can write the incantation on a piece of paper and tear it up (while repeating the rhyme, or again, something similar to the effect of "let it be undone")

Return to “Spell Critique”