My journey started with a movie...

Share and discuss pagan music, TV shows, movies, and websites. You may offer your occult/witchcraft-related services here.
Wanderer022

My journey started with a movie...

Post by Wanderer022 »

I thought I'd tell you guys about my journey's humble (and somewhat silly) beginnings. Looking back, it's not been a long journey, but it's had so many ups and downs in such a short time let me tell you.

How did this all start for me? Well, at first I was Christian. However I never really thought about it. And that's not a good thing. I was not at all passionate about it. Sunday church was like the daily grind. I felt out of touch with the religion everyone here seemed to have.

Now this is where the silly part comes in. I started watching The Good Witch movies. I was so interested in miss Cassandra Nightengale's activities! Her little store where she sells candles, herbs, essential oils, tarot decks, masks, talismans, all kinds of witchy things. She used all of these things to help others.

And for some reason this movie popped the idea into my head to do a little digging. Do people like her really exist? Wouldn't it be cool if they had? Because I am so into fantasy and medieval and old world things. To my surprise I somehow stumbled across a pagan website! And that's how it all began. I began reading, and reading...and reading.

And soon after I just felt this huge connection to it. Like it's where I belonged all along. I was having (and still are having) mixed emotions. I felt extremely excited for discovering this, but I also felt betrayed and lied to. I know it's silly to feel this way, but I can't help but think that my heritage was taken away from me.

I wish I couldn't be angry about it. But, well I am. And I guess I need to work through it somehow. But anyway, that's how this all started. Soon, I found my god and goddess, and I'm doing all sorts of witchy things all on my own. I can honestly say that the first thing I think about in the morning these days, is religion related, as well as the last thing I think of when going to bed. NEVER in my 22 years on earth, have I EVER felt so passionate about religion. :D

I would like to make a toast (raises glass) to Miss Cassandra Nightengale, even though you are a fictional character, were it not for your witchy ways that piqued my curiosity, I would never have made this wonderful change in my life! Cheers! :D
"Wandering re-establishes the perfect harmony that once existed between man and the universe."

Blessed be *
Becks

Re: My journey started with a movie...

Post by Becks »

They were sweet movies. She's so helpful.
Wanderer022

Post by Wanderer022 »

Becks wrote:They were sweet movies. She's so helpful.
I absolutely adore her and she's kind of a role model for me. I love helping others. :fairy:
"Wandering re-establishes the perfect harmony that once existed between man and the universe."

Blessed be *
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Fiction has been a great source of inspiration for me, too. I don't see anything wrong with it and I do not understand how people blast "Hollywood" magick and those who get into real magick because of it, when they are usually the same people (The people blasting others, I mean.) who rely on mythology, a type of fiction, for their beliefs about gods. :P
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Wanderer022

Post by Wanderer022 »

Lady_Lilith wrote:Fiction has been a great source of inspiration for me, too. I don't see anything wrong with it and I do not understand how people blast "Hollywood" magick and those who get into real magick because of it, when they are usually the same people (The people blasting others, I mean.) who rely on mythology, a type of fiction, for their beliefs about gods. :P
I agree! Also, when christians start talking about how I'm "from the devil" (I told someone I thought I could trust yesterday), yet I don't even believe in satan. (I never have actually, even when I was Christian.) I keep thinking "YOU STOLE OUR RELIGION AND CHANGED IT! YOU LIED TO ME!" ... yeah. I really wish I could stop it. But it makes me furious. I just want to yell that at them. I dunno. I don't have reason to feel that way, it happened so long ago and even I admit my anger is silly. But it's hard to stop it.

I just ...don't like judgemental people very much.

Sorry I'm spamming my own thread again :D

Blessed be *
Lupvhee

Post by Lupvhee »

Just wanna say Thank You for sharing this movie. I didn't know it. I will watch it as soon as I can. :-)

:flyingwitch:
True colors are beautiful
Wanderer022

Post by Wanderer022 »

Lupvhee wrote:Just wanna say Thank You for sharing this movie. I didn't know it. I will watch it as soon as I can. :-)

There's a whole series of them! 8 I believe , if I remember correctly. They are actually quite old but I watched them recently on cabel. And decided to get the whole series! I'm one of those people that watch films over and over until I have every line memorized. Teeheehee :D

Blessed be *
SirisDerp

Post by SirisDerp »

I've never heard of these movies before. I'll have to check them out. Thank you for sharing your story!
Lupvhee

Post by Lupvhee »

Wanderer022 wrote:
Lupvhee wrote:Just wanna say Thank You for sharing this movie. I didn't know it. I will watch it as soon as I can. :-)

There's a whole series of them! 8 I believe , if I remember correctly. They are actually quite old but I watched them recently on cabel. And decided to get the whole series! I'm one of those people that watch films over and over until I have every line memorized. Teeheehee :D

woaaah ! I will try to find them :-) Hope I can watch them in my language (french). Otherwise I will watch these movies in their original version. I know I can, but sometimes when the subjects are too specific, I can't understand very well. It is like when I read here, I am always learning new words about the wicca hehehe
Lupvhee

Post by Lupvhee »

I've watched the movie and also the season 1. I reallllly loved it!
Thank you!!!
Wanderer022

Post by Wanderer022 »

Lupvhee wrote:I've watched the movie and also the season 1. I reallllly loved it!
Thank you!!!
I'm so glad you loved it! It's really exciting to me to hear that :D

Many blessings to you!

Blessed be *
Lupvhee

Post by Lupvhee »

Wanderer022 wrote:
Lupvhee wrote:I've watched the movie and also the season 1. I reallllly loved it!
Thank you!!!
I'm so glad you loved it! It's really exciting to me to hear that :D

Many blessings to you!
Thank you :-)
Same to you :D

Return to “Websites, Media and Services”