Witches in the media

Share and discuss pagan music, TV shows, movies, and websites. You may offer your occult/witchcraft-related services here.
TheLuckyBlackCat

Witches in the media

Post by TheLuckyBlackCat »

In some tv shows, games and books I see witches are portrayed as being evil. It that true are witches really evil? Or does it depend on the type of magic they use? I'm not sure. Some things portray all magic as evil which confuses me.

I'm aware everyone has there own opnion so I have nothing against people who think witches are evil. Afterall most people don't even beleive in witches so I can see where they are coming from.
Myrth

Re: Witches in the media

Post by Myrth »

Seriously? Before you start down this path, I suggest you do some small amount of reading so that you have a clue about your audience.

Would you join a Catholic site and ask if they are evil?
Myrth
TheLuckyBlackCat

Thanks for your response, I'll be sure to remember your opinion. :wink2:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

The media portrays any number of belief systems as evil. I doubt that most Muslims appreciate Islam being portrayed as evil. Ditto for the Catholic Church with regard to priests being labeled as pedophiles, or the LDS Church being equated with Warren Jeffs.

Do you have a serious interest in paganism and in being here Lucky? We're here to explore our paths and help each other. What's your agenda? Everyone has one.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
TheLuckyBlackCat

I'm here to learn more about paganism and its followers.
TheLuckyBlackCat

Okay I was searching and I found this.
http://www.witchcraft.com.au

Is that site accurate in your opinion?
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Myrth wrote:Seriously? Before you start down this path, I suggest you do some small amount of reading so that you have a clue about your audience.

I think you took the words right out of my mouth.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I think some research needs to be done here before anymore blashemy is stated. (i.e. Asking if true witches are evil) I am not trying to sound prude here but that would be like making a claim about the Catholic religion being evil for drinking wine and thinking it to be the form of Jesus' blood. Anyhow as far as to answer your question evil is within any religion or practice. What you put forth is up to that person and the energy they send out. I hope you understand.
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

smogie_michele wrote:
Myrth wrote:Seriously? Before you start down this path, I suggest you do some small amount of reading so that you have a clue about your audience.

I think you took the words right out of my mouth.
Honestly not sure if this is a serious question or a troll...
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I think if you had read any number of posts on the forum before asking such a question would have clued you into the fact that there is no evil agenda behind witchcraft. You should read and research more before asking such silly question.
TheLuckyBlackCat

:|
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Witches in the media

Post by RosieMoonflower »

TheLuckyBlackCat wrote::|
Sorry, didn't mean to be so blunt. But, I hope you see not all witches are evil. In fact, many are good!
TheLuckyBlackCat

I asked a rude, ignorent question. I deserved that. blue_flee

Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

The media cannot wash their hands for triggering the misconceptions about witches and witchcraft; at the very least, they cannot ignore the fact that they had worsened it. They showed insensitivity to those who are following the path. Media should realize that no story is worth bashing other people's beliefs.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Kat
Banned Member

Post by Kat »

if you re here to learn, keep in mind that each has his/her own beliefs and you ve to explore to find your own, in any religion.
better search and get informed yourself than expect to ''learn'' from a tv show; I haven't found any tv movie or series accurete enough. and I watch a lot of witchy tv shows (Charmed, Merlin, Witches of east end etc) they all show witches as evil.
a form of paganism is wicca, and we believe in harming nobody. I don't know about other witches; I only know about wicca cause it's my religion. wicca is the religion and witchcraft is the practice; the tool. for me at least; ask each what he/she believes cause we vary.
*Blessed Be*

Return to “Websites, Media and Services”