Raymond Buckland

Share and discuss pagan music, TV shows, movies, and websites. You may offer your occult/witchcraft-related services here.
movingcloud

Raymond Buckland

Post by movingcloud »

Raymond Buckland is considered one of the foremost experts in the wiccan community. I found this video (it is an hour long) but well worth the watch!!!

MsMollimizz

Re: Raymond Buckland

Post by MsMollimizz »

Buckland's writing is too dry for me,
I have one of his books the 101...
I won't get another !
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

hey MSmollimizz, was wondering...which 101 are you speaking of? FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
movingcloud

Post by movingcloud »

Raymond Bucklands book titled "Wicca for one, the path of the solitary witchcraft" is excellent. It does not follow any one path, is well written and a great resource for even the experience witch.
miachrhys

Post by miachrhys »

I purchased his book on "Practical Candleburning Rituals" and found it to be...well, not good. It has a section for people that follow the "old religion" and spells, then there is a Christian version of the same complete with bible verses to recite. I'm sure it was something when it first came out but I didn't get anything from it that I didn't already know. I did find "Wicca for One..." to be a great and interesting read, however.

He's obviously great for the cultural study of Wicca seeing as he came to America and spread the Gardnerian craft here. Reading his big blue book is a requirement for a lot of study programs and covens I believe, so his work does have merit.
p3nathan

Post by p3nathan »

I'm always very skeptical when I hear the word "expert"...especially in something like Wicca, which I consider to be a very personal thing. But each to their own. I can understand why Buckland would be a main reference for many Wiccans, he's just never appealed to me a great deal; I couldn't really put my finger on exactly what it is about is works.. as I said, each to their own I guess.
White Rabbit

Post by White Rabbit »

I like Buckland a lot, but just like the two other authors I've read he has a lot of "shoulds".

I feel that despite the fact that some Wiccan books say, "This is your path," (even in not so many words) there are way too many "shoulds".
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

I have come to follow the old saying 'take what you need and leave the rest..." If it resonates I incorporate it, if not it's not for me. But it may be for someone.

Return to “Websites, Media and Services”