Sweat Lodge and Energy

LC

Sweat Lodge and Energy

Post by LC »

I attended a ceremony and a sweat lodge. It went great and after exiting I was thrown a bucket of water front and back to cleanse everything after being in there. I had plenty of water during this time to stay hydrated. Probably about 30-45 minutes I got so hungry I had to eat something or be sick. I went straight to bed when I got back and ended up sleeping most of the next day. No one else had these issues but me.
What should I do next time to make sure the hunger and sleeping all day doesn’t happen?

Thanks!
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Sweat Lodge and Energy

Post by SpiritTalker »

Isn't the purpose of a cleanse to remove the accumulation of physical toxins? The Body needs to rest afterwards. It's had a workout! As for hunger - how long was it since your previous meal? Bring a fruit or veg snack. What do the sweat lodge operators suggest?
LC

Post by LC »

I had a light meal about 6 hours before I got super hungry. I know them personally but I didn’t say anything about it the next day. I’m the youngest, less experienced in witchcraft/occult, and the only female. I didn’t want to seem weak or anything like that.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

If the sweat ceremony leaders are knowledgeable they're the one's to advise you so discuss the experience.
barker

Post by barker »

LC wrote:What should I do next time to make sure the hunger and sleeping all day doesn’t happen?
Not regretting it... the body only does things once... guilty mind's are otherwise as you, well, know.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

SpiritTalker wrote:If the sweat ceremony leaders are knowledgeable they're the one's to advise you so discuss the experience.
not only that, it would be the responsible thing for them to do.

Was this your first sweat lodge? In any case, sounds like perhaps you released quite a bit of toxins. And the body does need a recoup period afterwards. As for hungry,...a meal six hours prior? I'd be freaking starving too.
I used to hold sweats at my other house (no room here) and I've seen all kinds of thigs like people bailing out (no shame there, know your limits) or getting sick, or spontaneously be ridden by a God or Goddess, near misses with the fire pit or the the rocks inside. But we always had grazing (like small healthy snacks) feast afterwards. Don't be so hard on yourself, sounds like it did what it was supposed to do.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
LC

Post by LC »

It was my first one. One of the guys was leading it. He has done a lot and led a few. I was in a a small corner and I almost lost my balance and fell in the hole when I was getting out. I’m not the most graceful and I tend to trip on air. I did enjoy it. I found it peaceful and grounding. I think I could have stayed in there longer but didn’t want to push my luck.
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

Those things are to be expected :]

It's very good you've decided to heal yourself in these ways, it's very good for not only your body but your spirit and soul. I always had the sensation of my soul being fed, and I felt physically full afterwards.
barker

Post by barker »

I have always found water to be an intelligent original thought... in sync with my own. Purification is accordingly divine. As me, i would say the only question is, what is well organised? If yes, then the whole matter must've been perfect spirituality that you can take with you.

Do you have a new sense of emotion?..
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I had a co-worker attend a sweat-lodge in Sedona Az with the well know co writer of the book, The Secret, James Arthur Ray. When she returned to work and recounted the experience I was horrified at the ordeal she underwent and surprised that this man ridiculed people that wanted water during the lodge. She said they had fasted and abstained from water for two days. He would taunt people that tried to get out or wanted water. Not only did this man end up killing 3 people due to this practice they paid thousands and thousands of dollars to do so. This guy was the perfect example of the plastic shaman you hear about.
Native Americans sued him, but I'm not sure of the outcome. Mr. Ray was only in prison for a short time.
Sweats have been the right of peoples of the world for ever. Most every nation on the planet has had a sweat, lodge/house, be it ceremoniously approached or not, and is not exclusive to Native Americans. Although this guy used the location (Sedona) as a native hot spot and many other things were absconded from their culture for the "deadly lodge".
So I guess what I saying is if you do not feel well in a sweat lodge, get out, get water, cool off and get food. Sometimes 15 minutes is all you need. Mr. Rays lodges were for hours and he encouraged vomiting, saying you were purging your soul. Well, if you haven't had water vomit is not good, and your kidneys will suffer. Be safe in the sweat.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Shamanism”