Spirit Spouses

corvidus

Re: Spirit Spouses

Post by corvidus »

Yex wrote:Corvidus: Yeah, that's a good lead. The Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz comes to mind, although I haven't read it in many years.
Awesome :)

Another thing which comes to mind is Polarity; that in order to manifest the alchemical wedding, a certain polarity must be achieved with the physical body (so that the spiritual Self can manifest). In this system, Coherence amongst things is very important.

At least, that's what the core of the Chymical Wedding talks about (in my opinion).
sillyoldman

Post by sillyoldman »

I did some reading a while ago on this subject.There was not a lot there but they claim this is not unusual.In some cases this happens when someone tries to resist a Shamanic calling.\if you fail to acknowledge them and the helpers she or he appoints to assist you with knowledge they can become angry and even threaten to kill you.
just a silly old man who knows nothing and has everything to learn.
autumn swan

Post by autumn swan »

sillyoldman wrote:if you fail to acknowledge them and the helpers she or he appoints to assist you with knowledge they can become angry and even threaten to kill you.
That sounds scary! Honestly, if any spirit ever would threaten to kill me I would ward my butt off against them, doesn't sound right.

tutmosis wrote: I can imagine much information on this subject would be withheld because it's a very personal thing.
That's just it. Spiritual practise alone is very personal and not always easy to explain. You'd only go into discussions about this with people you trust, and don't write much about it on the internet. That's how I do it. I have a spirit spouse as well but since the nature of the relationship is private the things going on between you and your spirit spouse would stay between you too, anyway.

And about the theory behind it, well, I believe in soul mates of the highest level. Yes, the thing with 'the right one', and only one for each of us. Sure, as a human you can love many people in your lifetime, true love and be happy with them but I think on a soul level there is one special mate that you either meet in this lifetime or you don't. But to meet in spirit cannot be avoided, and who'd want that?

I'd say you have to explore the relationship you got there on your own, and learn to trust your spirit spouse. It only worries me that the marriage was done more or less without your conscent...? Then again you say there was a spirit involved that you trust, and I don't know how long you've been practising, so maybe that was the only way to get it to you. For me there was a time of approach when I was awake and aware, and he asked me, and I thought several days of it. It was made clear I could say no, and no one would be mad or anything.

It really is different for everybody. :wink2:
May the Lord and the Lady bless you.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Tutmosis wrote:I can imagine much information on this subject would be withheld because it's a very personal thing.
Don't ask don't tell.

Well you want to protect with silence what you hold dear but solitude breaks you sooner or later as human is very social animal and wants to share.
Once you're aware of what's going on you can see so many references in the work of variety of people.

First thing I spot was in 2015 song by Kamelot called Poetry for the poisoned, stating that the phenomenon of "demon lover" was considered quite common in medieval ages.
My first thought was "damn, vampiric succubi here and there too bad my magic sucks, I wouldn't want to struggle with protecting myself and dealing with all that".

Then, you can see much more references. You've got Heller's Mentalist, lol, the guy doesn't want to throw the ring away all the time. You've got the Vampire Diaries which is pretty much it. Even some ref. in Charmed 1st or 2nd season.
S.T. Colleridge's poetry and other stuff.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

SnowCat wrote:I don't think it's talked about much. Possibly because some people would view it as infidelity. Just some thoughts.
Well... it's a bit complicated, the human nature.
I once wrote an email to someone rather wise and her soul came to me fancying to have intercourse. I said "Hey, I just wanted to exchange information." The answer came "Sex is the most simple way to exchange information." And I was like oh well, can't really argue about that.
The exchange of energy-informational value can be refreshing provided you know how to transmute the flaws you draw onto yourself by such thing.
It's quite a dilemma actually. You don't want to cheat so as to avoid disruption of an intimate bond. Yet if you don't cheat you get nervous and eat a lot of ice-cream.

Zoologists would claim man is not really a monogamous animal.

Also some animals for example owls. "In case there's not much food the male owl is faithful to one female. In case the food supply is abundant, the male owl is taking care of more females at the same time.

Now I wonder how much of a difference would really be between a soul and her to manifest into a good, solid physical sex to occur. Probably would require people to risk a bit and have some template of life a bit shaken. Or perhaps not take things too seriously. Also would be a nice exercise to see how a practice of "drawing down the Moon" could be drawn on the Earth to manifest.
Yex wrote:I told my wife about my experiences, as I felt that this was the right thing to do... She was annoyed - not that I had a spirit wife, but that I telling her about it. She told me to just do my thing and leave her out of anything too freaky. lol :tongueout:
Haha this is so iconic. Men are so naive. Women would never tell that, way too pragmatical for that. They are quite skilled in the silent deceit.
Best thing is to see it in public places. Men'd be like, damn I'd check 'em out but she'd notice. Women'd be lurking the subtle way just eyeing around and thinking haha why not, he's got no clue at all.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

(editing away stupid post)
barker

Post by barker »

They all want Truth.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

The subject of Spirit Spouse has been on my mind lately. I have a flesh and blood spouse to whom I am handfasted, but I also have one who is no longer on this plane. The earthly relationship spanned 46 years, before the cancer caused an incompatibility with life. But he is truly my Spirit Spouse.
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Shamanism”