"Giving Up" Shamanism

Naudia Threng
Banned Member

"Giving Up" Shamanism

Post by Naudia Threng »

After a year or two of being a student of the shamanic path, I've decided it's not for me. It's not for any reason other than it just doesn't feel right to me. I'm glad that I've gained much knowledge from my studies though, and will always hold it dear. I will however, use this to better my Wiccan path and learn more about tarot and oracle. I thank you all for your help in my journey and hope that you will continue to do so in my new one.

Xoxo
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Re: "Giving Up" Shamanism

Post by Naudia Threng »

Realizing the fact that was I meant for another path has got me feeling funky. Not a bad funky though. Like prince funky.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Hey Azure Lily!

It's good you traveled the shamanic path for a while. A lot of the techniques can be adapted to other systems, like you said above.

May the Great Mystery be with you!
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I think that it's wonderful you're still exploring. (: Your profile says you're only 15 and honestly; most people don't find their faith so young. I'm not saying that no one can/does but that usually it's as you get older you finally begin to firmly establish your personal views.

Speaking from my personal experiences; I thought I wanted to be Wiccan and follow Wicca 100% religiously to the letter but then something caused me to take a break for a few years and come back to it again. At that point I started looking into Wicca once more but realized that wasn't the area I felt was meant for me anymore. That was how I started on my journey to the path I'm on today. (:

It's WONDERFUL to explore every and any option you find so I think while you feel Shamanism may not be what's right for you specifically; you tried it out to see how it felt and that's part of the path. Corvidus also brought up a really good point. You can add in what you learned to other practices as well.

When I was studying with someone to work on my intuition they gave me a book about growing up with psychic ability and there is a piece of advice he gave me that will ALWAYS be something I hold near and dear to my heart: "You do not have to read this book and agree with everything that he says. I want you to keep an open mind and pay attention to the things that stand out to you. Religion and faith isn't meant to be the same for everyone so make sure you listen to your voice and not someone else's."

It's really because of this that I've been able to find my true voice and find the path I want. I liked some things from Wicca, I liked some things from witchcraft, I liked some things from Faery Craft, and so on... But I never understood why they couldn't be used together. It wasn't until I had this advice given to me that I realized there was no "cannot". I could add whatever I felt fit me into my practice and make a mix-match religion all my own.

So to make a long story short: Exploration of different paths is a wonderful thing and I'm very glad you're doing it at such a young age because it WILL help you find what you're truly meant to follow. ^_^
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Sakura Blossom wrote:I think that it's wonderful you're still exploring. (: Your profile says you're only 15 and honestly; most people don't find their faith so young. I'm not saying that no one can/does but that usually it's as you get older you finally begin to firmly establish your personal views.

Speaking from my personal experiences; I thought I wanted to be Wiccan and follow Wicca 100% religiously to the letter but then something caused me to take a break for a few years and come back to it again. At that point I started looking into Wicca once more but realized that wasn't the area I felt was meant for me anymore. That was how I started on my journey to the path I'm on today. (:

It's WONDERFUL to explore every and any option you find so I think while you feel Shamanism may not be what's right for you specifically; you tried it out to see how it felt and that's part of the path. Corvidus also brought up a really good point. You can add in what you learned to other practices as well.

When I was studying with someone to work on my intuition they gave me a book about growing up with psychic ability and there is a piece of advice he gave me that will ALWAYS be something I hold near and dear to my heart: "You do not have to read this book and agree with everything that he says. I want you to keep an open mind and pay attention to the things that stand out to you. Religion and faith isn't meant to be the same for everyone so make sure you listen to your voice and not someone else's."

It's really because of this that I've been able to find my true voice and find the path I want. I liked some things from Wicca, I liked some things from witchcraft, I liked some things from Faery Craft, and so on... But I never understood why they couldn't be used together. It wasn't until I had this advice given to me that I realized there was no "cannot". I could add whatever I felt fit me into my practice and make a mix-match religion all my own.

So to make a long story short: Exploration of different paths is a wonderful thing and I'm very glad you're doing it at such a young age because it WILL help you find what you're truly meant to follow. ^_^
I really like that quote. I think you've literally just inspired me. I keep trying to close off my beliefs and shove them to fit into one box and its not working. Thanks you so much and I'd love to make this post longer but I have work to do now! Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!

And thanks corvidus!
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Azure Lily wrote: I keep trying to close off my beliefs and shove them to fit into one box and its not working.
Labels are the worst.. There is a well of universal, paradoxical principles that every religion and practice drinks from. Tap into that and make it your own ;)
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

corvidus wrote:
Azure Lily wrote: I keep trying to close off my beliefs and shove them to fit into one box and its not working.
Labels are the worst.. There is a well of universal, paradoxical principles that every religion and practice drinks from. Tap into that and make it your own ;)
Labels really are the worst. Wicca is definitely my umbrella though. Im actually looking into faery craft. *Cough cough* Sakura if have any info you could share I would be happy *cough cough*
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I'm very happy that it helped you. (: I wish that someone would have told me that when I was younger but I firmly believe that when you're meant to know something then it will be made known to you. I don't think I was at a point yet to have fully taken this seriously when I originally started out. And I would be more than happy to share what I know about the Fae. Feel free to message me with any questions you have!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Tigris Shadow

Post by Tigris Shadow »

I really enjoyed reading this conversation thread. I've been finding my spiritual path in my 40's, coming from a conservative christian based background as a child. I have always felt drawn to more earth based religious schools of thought; they just feel better to me. But what I've learned is there is no right or wrong with spirituality. Everyone travels a different path, because it is all about finding their individual relationship with deity. I currently walk the path of Wicca, Shamanism and Reiki. I feel my power animals, spirit guides and angels all work well together, and my christian background interweaves and compliments my earth based beliefs. I figure everyone, no matter what religion or belief, is taking a different path to the same place of discovery. Spirituality has no rules. Sounds like you're doing great finding your way :)
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Hello, Tigris Shadow.
When you have a moment, please go to the top section of the forum and introduce yourself, so we can get to know you better. Thanks.
sillyoldman

Post by sillyoldman »

I am a firm believer that your path begins at birth.It is your parents,brothers and sisters,relatives,friends,school teachers,religious instructors,acquaintences and such that help and that are a great part in making you who you are and who you become as you walk your path in your search for knowledge.Your path is long and there will be many twists,turns and forks along your way.This is but one of the many you will discover.

I am happy for you.Take what you have learned with you as it is sacred and will help you along your way.
just a silly old man who knows nothing and has everything to learn.

Return to “Shamanism”