Spirit Husband

catsmeow

Spirit Husband

Post by catsmeow »

* having dreams or visions in which they are visited by a "spirit husband or wife" who has intimate relations with them, teaches them, gives them helping spirits of certain kinds, and so forth. Often this "spirit husband or wife" will threaten to kill the potential shaman unless he or her [sic] accepts both them and the call to shamanize.
This was stated on another thread http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 25535.html.

I think this is what happened to me. I have been deathly sick before, and have hallucinated demons climbing up the walls and over my body. It wasn't scary in any way, in fact, it was comforting.

But this particular quote sticks with me.

I do feel as though, for a long time, that I've had a spirit husband. Here are some reasons why:

Ever since I was young, I had always felt as if someone has been watching over me. Someone who is intimate and close. It shares my secrets. It understands me and comforts me through the hardest of times.

Most recently, that other side has been in touch with me. In trances, it speaks to me in a language I don't understand. It possesses parts of my body, stroking my face and speaking sweetly to me.

It has been territorial and possessive when it comes to my boyfriend, someone I can see as a husband. It feeds me dreams thinking that my boyfriend is cheating on me.

It also knows my darkest sexual secrets. And, in rare moments, it comes to me in my dreams as I want it.

When I've journeyed, he has talked to me. I believe he is a large, powerful demon guide.

I don't know if this has been anyone's experience. I decided to make it a separate thread in case I'm not alone.

Has anyone heard of this?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Spirit Husband

Post by SnowCat »

That sounds like an incubus. I have some very graphic dreams sometimes, but they're dreams. They don't involve spirit visits.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
catsmeow

Post by catsmeow »

I thought that too, although it has been with me while I journeyed, and has introduced me to other spirits that are helpful. It feels more like a source of protection more so than anything else. Then, I also researched spirit husbands and wives in myriad cultures who can be demanding of a shaman's attention.

This spirit is part of my world, and is in everything all at once. My dreams are sexual, but not always graphic. He will certainly find ways to get more of my attention (not calling myself a shaman). I think sleep is one approach.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

When being called to Shamanize, you shouldn't be threatened ever. You should be contacted after the near death experience, but most often, you must enter the otherworlds in search of your spirit guide. After which you will meet a spirit. You should interview the spirit. And if it approaches from the left or behind you, say nothing and walk away. Also, Shamanic journeys should not be done through dreams (if you can help). Its safest to enter the under or upper world through the tunnel or stairs. But, never enter the otherworlds without a purpose. Depending on your shamanic beliefs, your spirit guide may be located within your chest of head.

If they don't come to your call in the otherworlds, be wary. Some spirits may wish to take your spirit guide or trick you intro giving it up. If this happens, contact a shaman and ask for help retrieving it. Soul mending and spirit friend retrieving is a job of Shamans. Shamans don't believe in demons though. We believe in good and evil spirits. Friends and foes. A spirit guide will only love, nurture, protect, and advise you. I'd listen to Snowcat and look into it being an incubus. Dreams of being killed by a spirit and then they revive you, but your improved, are a call to shamanism.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Considering catsmeow's last visit to the forum was 8 months ago, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they probably aren't going to be receiving your insight. :)
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Vesca wrote:Considering catsmeow's last visit to the forum was 8 months ago, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they probably aren't going to be receiving your insight. :)
That was more for any takes a look at the post. Because a friend of mine went through an experience much like it. He could have been very seriously injured, but that was a month into me following the path of the shaman. And I don't know that everyone has a shaman nearby to retrieve their guide. I just wanted to be sure. Plus I hope to revive this part of the forums a bit. I also figured that some people come back after like a year. So, I just wanted to be sure that I'd done what I could.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.

Return to “Shamanism”