The Afterlife....

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
[WitchMomma]

The Afterlife....

Post by [WitchMomma] »

I am interested in hearing what everyone believes about the afterlife.

I was brought up in a Christian household and was taught that we we're going to heaven in the afterlife. I have never really bought that idea, but yet have to determine exactly what I do believe will happen when I leave this life.

My personal take on it as of now, in a very general explanation is; that my spirit will move on and re-incarnate into another human or animal. Will that happen immediately? Will I be in a spirit realm for an amount of time before I will re-incarnate? Will I be able to choose what my next path will be?

I'd love to hear any and all ideas and beliefs so please share. Look forward to hearing from everyone.

Thanks.
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

Afterlife? Nah. I grew up Christian too, and decided at some point that Heaven sounded boring, and all the fun people were going to Hell. Why someone who was fun would burn in eternal torment was beyond me, ,so I decided that neither of them could possibly exist as they were given... Because... It's just too glaringly.. I'd say "stupid", but that's not right.

It's glaringly -something-, and whatever it is doesn't work. Perhaps I'll just let it go with "Man made".

As it is, I don't believe in an afterlife, because I haven't been to one yet, and I have no idea whether such an afterlife exists. And I don't plan to find out for a -very- long time.

Should I look you up and let you know when I find out?
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)
[WitchMomma]

Post by [WitchMomma] »

Yes please look me up, lol. I love your sense of humor.

I am not sure that I haven't been there before cause I am pretty sure some people I know in this lifetime, I have know previously. That strong connection for no reason, but you just know there is somethiegn deeper there?

Anyhow, don't find out too soon eh!
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

I believe the spirit "lives" on. I don't think that death is the end of all things. I believe in summerland, though I was brought up in the heaven/hell circlle. I may come back in another form, or be "reborn" at some point, or my energies may comingle with the "all"....I just cannot believe that we are born, live and die and that is that....
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
[WitchMomma]

Post by [WitchMomma] »

EarthWitch wrote:I believe the spirit "lives" on. I don't think that death is the end of all things. I believe in summerland, though I was brought up in the heaven/hell circlle. I may come back in another form, or be "reborn" at some point, or my energies may comingle with the "all"....I just cannot believe that we are born, live and die and that is that....
I agree EarthWitch, I also believe the spirit moves on, to where hum I don't know?
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

I'll let you know when I know, WitchMomma, don't you worry. :P I'll be like "WOOOooooooooOOOOO! I GOT CLANKEH CHAINS AND I"M TAKEN THE FORM OF CEILING CAT!". You will find bad internet spam written on your bathroom mirrors after they're foggy from a bath.. and.. Uh. Your alphabet magnets will spell out things like "42" and "five tons of flax!".

Then we can have a Ouija talk. ^__^

And thank you. I had to work really hard and spend some time with real assholes so I could pick up some of their funnier tactics. What's -really- funny is when you use their own tactics on them... Anyways!

Insta-connection? I've run into that a few times. In one case, I'd clearly had a prophetic dream about the man. I recognized him as soon as I saw him the first time, and was like "YAY!", 'cause I knew good times were ahead. In the others, I really put it down to our vibes just "clicking" somehow. My adopted sister was one of those. I'm still really close with most of the people I have been like that with. It's nice- I look at those kinds of people, as ones who're worth putting a lot of work into, because they seem to wind up being lifetime friends.
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)
[WitchMomma]

Post by [WitchMomma] »

I hear ya! I just found a friend in September that I feel cloder to than people I have known for ages. I just know we'll be close for years to come. I love that feeling.

Can't wait to be haunted by you - a good haunting is right up my alley. But if I go first I hope you don't ming if I pull soem crazy shananegans on you my friend, lol. Fun times ahead.....
Oakland Earth Dancer

Post by Oakland Earth Dancer »

I don't believe in an afterlife persay... but I believe that people are reincarnated into humans or animals after they pass on. Of course, I'n not sure how long it takes because I've never experinced death and reincarnation of myself.

If you wish to find out what lives, if any, you have lived before, some deep meditation is good. Or dreams and astral treaveling.

But, that's my beliefs...
dark

Afterlife

Post by dark »

Most of my family is Catholic. And they believe in the fear of pergetory. When I was very young I thought that was just nonsense! Especially because I do not want to believe that infant and children born into orginal sin will spend time in pergetory and not got to Heaven simply because they were not baptized!

My neighbor has a Reiki master cleanse me and conduct a protection spell. Afterwards, she spoke of my past lives and that I am paying for actions in another life. She told me that she freed me from those obligations. The details to each of the life was both amazing and scary.

Personally, I believe in reincarnation. The body is just a temporary shell for our soul to develop. I believe this is why even though I am 26 I feel spiritually so old. I think the so called turn around time for reincarnation is different for every soul because of the factors of our lives. There are lessons to be learned with each life we pass. This is why I think when we meet a stranger we feel a strong connection. In some life there was some sort of relationship!

Anne Marie
ricktimet

Post by ricktimet »

I myself was raised a Catholic, and since I have explored the Afterlife areas, I have changed my beliefs completely.

For all those that do not believe in an Afterlife, and I have encountered many.

As I tell each and everyone. That when you take your last breath, and your heart beats for the last time, you will be standing outside of you phsycial body, the same person you are now, with the same feelings, emotions, and memories.

For we all transistion to this other dimension whether we want to or not, there is no choice, it is evolution. There are no lost souls. Everyone is met by a helper, and wil take them to the true place where they belong, but by way of the forces of the Earth beliefs and habits, and are pulled back to the place where they have died.

And those now out of their bodies, believing this is some sort of dream, by way of their own conscious beliefs, religious or athiest will find themselves in a self created reality of their own making, until they are helped by higher evolved spirits, to explain the truth to them.

Dimensionally yours,
Rick LiPani
Dara

Re: The Afterlife....

Post by Dara »

WitchMomma wrote:I am interested in hearing what everyone believes about the afterlife.

I was brought up in a Christian household and was taught that we we're going to heaven in the afterlife. I have never really bought that idea, but yet have to determine exactly what I do believe will happen when I leave this life.

My personal take on it as of now, in a very general explanation is; that my spirit will move on and re-incarnate into another human or animal. Will that happen immediately? Will I be in a spirit realm for an amount of time before I will re-incarnate? Will I be able to choose what my next path will be?

I'd love to hear any and all ideas and beliefs so please share. Look forward to hearing from everyone.

Thanks.
I was brought up in a christian cult and they were adamant about there being a 1000 year reign of Christ before we all were able to live happily and forever on a paradise earth. I left the cult when I was 17, but am now experiencing many difficulties in my life due to my upbringing.

However, there is one thing that I feel sure about and that is the afterlife that I believe in.

I am an anamist. I believe that all things have energy in them even stone, wood etc... I believe that when someone dies, that their energy leaves them and goes into the nearest entity that needs energy at that time. So, if someone dies near an oak tree and that tree's energy is low or has been taken due to a spell etc..., then that oak would receive some of the energy from the person who died. I believe that energy never truly dissipates or becomes more. What you see is what you get and when an entity dies, its energy moves on. I believe we can control or manipulate energy in order to focus it on something that we may want or need. But I believe energy is about give and take. I don't believe we can produce more energy there already is.

I believe a lot of things apparently. :wink:
frisbee

Post by frisbee »

I'm not sure what I believe on afterlife. I believe I'll see those I loved who died before me. I think there will be some consequences for really bad choices, but not sure what that means, except to say I doubt Hitler is playing a harp right now...

I don't personally believe in reincarnation, but anything's possible...
airyfairy

Moving on

Post by airyfairy »

I have read some really fascinating reincarnation stories. There is one quite well known (by those who go seeking) about the twins that were miscarried very late in the pregnancy only to be born to the sister in law at two different ages. The conversations the child had with the mother were very thought provoking...There was also a tv programme about the 5 year old boy that took his mum to an island where he lived and that was fascinating.

I think we do reincarnate, but how, why and the process is a bit bewildering!! but there have been some very interesting stories (mostly by children) who aren't the best liars under pressure! so I do believe it.

The other strange thing is how can some people come through to a medium and some are nowhere to be found! Even those people close to us on earth, sometimes never come through even years after their death.

The strangest message I ever had was from my dad who died when I was 9 years old. The medium said he was tending to his tomatos and had an allotment upstairs! He also said ask your mum about the gold crested ring with the star and garnet, which I knew nothing off. When I asked my mum she said "oh yes, the first thing he did when he came in from work was to go and check on his tomatoes"! then she showed me a ring in her jewellery box which was exactly how he describe in the shape of a crest with some initials and a star with a garnet in the middle! I told my mum and she was gob-smacked !!

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”