Hell or no Hell?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
oracle's child

Hell or no Hell?

Post by oracle's child »

i was watching a movie that took place in England during the 40's where a little boy (about 6 or so) was in school learning about communion, confession, hell, etc. well, this poor boy accidently saw his mother naked and thought he was going to Hell. i couldn't help but think, bless his heart he's so small and already afraid of being condemned. anyway, my question was- while i know for some, what they believe is true for them. but what if, um, if a person believes they're going there (to Hell), like this little boy, and he believed it, would he go? would a person manufacture one for themselves? years ago my mother told me that the catholic church said it was o.k. to eat meat on fridays after years of saying people couldn't. she said, what about all those poor people who ate meat anyway when they weren't suppose to? did they go to hell? she was disgusted. could a person send themselves to Hell because they thought themselves unworthy? by the way, i know that Hell means different things to many people so, you know, just work with me here.
mysticfyrefly

Post by mysticfyrefly »

I dont' personally believe in a fiery hell we go because we do bad things I do believe in a personal hell like a spirit caught in its own personal hell being stuck only because our spirit is torturing itself not wanting to move on. Like a limbo.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all...Emily Dickinson
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

let the christian burn... Summer land awaits...

I don't believe in Hell, or heaven, church ideals, not my personal path's views.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

I don't believe in hell in the Christian sense (don't believe in heaven either), and I don't believe a person can condemn themselves there even if they believe in it.

From a Christian perspective - to end up in hell you'd have to forsake god, so long as god was in your life and your heart you'd "guarantee" an entry ticket at them there pearly gates.

Which is just one of the things so messed up with the Christian faith...but that's another thread entirely.
oracle's child

Post by oracle's child »

yes mystic, i agree with the not being able to move on part. most definately. i also see what hedge is talking about. my goodness, wouldn't it be terrible if you could condemn yourself (the hell thing) and it didn't have to happen? i'm thinking of that little boy. tsk,tsk,tsk. or for that matter, anyone else who persecuted themselves for nothing.
Kolohe Redux
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe Redux »

I thought of my grandmother who I am absolutely certain is in Christian heaven, although I don't believe in it otherwise, but if there were little children suffering in hell she would have torn down the gates by now.

Kolohe
oracle's child

Post by oracle's child »

isn't that the truth!
Mannun

Post by Mannun »

I believe in the concept that everything that is brought into fruition(creation) begins on the Astral Level. Another words something must be thought of before it can be created and ideas are mulled over. When a person thinks of something it is actually Astrally Created, and the next step is giving it enough energy and know how to bring it to the physical realm. With this belief I do believe there is a Christian Heaven and Hell, but only because do you realize the energy that has been put into these things over the last 2000years by millions if not billions of people almost daily. Now, they have no significance to me because I give them no energy. So for me, the Devil exists for the Xians, but I give the entity no energy or fear so it is nothing to me. Just my 2 cents. Does this mean that bad Xians are all going to Hell??? I don't think so because to me Death for all of us in the end is a huge realization that it is a natural process and that Religion after death means nothing to any soul, it is strictly a crutch for us to get by in Physical Life. In the end everything just is and our reality in the afterlife is inconceivable in the Physical... think about it everything on the physical is because of our 5 senses, now imagine not havening them anymore, you would think we would be limited, but actually our 5 senses are what binds use from knowing the unlimited.
oracle's child

Post by oracle's child »

thank you Mannun. i liked it when you said ".....i give the entity no energy or fear so it is nothing to me." how true.
Light

Post by Light »

Once my mom told me that if you believe in something that you think is evil, then you'll be giving it power. And I apply that to my beliefs towards hell. I have never believed in a place that could cause pain to those who chose to live their life differently than those who see themselves as "holy." I don't know where I'll be going after I leave this earth. But to those who tell me I'm going to hell because of my belief system, I tell them, "I can't go to a place I don't believe in." :)
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

I was raised to believe in Hell and that it was a place where all bad people go..blah...blah...blah...you've heard it all before. I don't believe in hell as in pit of fire and brimstone, burn forever and ever, torture, never ending pain and sorrow and all that, but I do believe one gets their just desserts...
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

In my belief, it's important to first understand that all things are made of energy. Energy can not be created or distroyed. And so in truth there is no birth nor is there death.
All energy resonates at a unique vibration specific to that plane of existance and the entities that reside there in.
As we age our vibration rate is changing, increasing placing our phisical bodies out of tune with our spiritual body. The evidence is that our physical bodies show "age". They don't function as they once did and eventually fail.
As the spiritual body seperates from the physical plane, certain aspects of our physical experience may kick in. We may experience heven or hell as we were tought to believe they existed.
However, soon, our connection with this physical plane fades and what we thought of as heven and hell no longer exist.
Our body fades as we lose the need for a physical connection. Karma falls away as there is nolonger any need for self punishment or reward.
Hearing, sight, smell, all the senses fade until even our thought processes fade and we achieve the ultimate peace, nervana.
In time, we will feel a pulling. Something will draw us toward a brightness. If we choose to follow, we will find ourselves once again in the physical world functioning at a slightly higher rate of vibration.
When we say birth or death we are refering to a transition between planes of existance.
When we refer to heven, hell, or karma, we are refering to aspects of the physical world that are moral tools, there to aid us in the choices we must make in order to plot our coarse in this physical plane.
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
Blazewind

Post by Blazewind »

I personally do not beleive in hell. I used to years ago, and don't anymore. When I did beleive in it, I also greatly feared it, (exactly what I was taught to do.) It was horribel. I would often lay in bed at night when I was young worrying that I would soemhow die before I had a chance to ask to be forgiven for some bad deed or another, and that I would then be thrown into a fiery pit. The more I began to think locically about it all thouhg, the more I realized that the whole concecpt of hell did not make any real sense. I finally freed myself from that old belief and the fear that went along with it. Now I don't beleive in heaven either. Not in the christian sense anyway. There is only the afterlife, or the next world, and that is what we make it, I think.
Blazewind

The only truely stupid question is the one that no one had the nerve to ask.
Kaliayev

Post by Kaliayev »

No hell, no heaven.

This ain't a dress rehearsal.
kuotetsu

Post by kuotetsu »

Depends on the person, it's mind over matter.. Heaven and Hell are just christian constructs, it's up to the person. I won't get in to "what I believe in" because it may start an argument.

Anyways, heaven and hell are Christian constructs, and most of all spiritual path have their own as well.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”