Ancestors watching over us....even the unpleasant ones???

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
HopefulChild

Ancestors watching over us....even the unpleasant ones???

Post by HopefulChild »

I've been thinking about this often recently.

Since my older brother passed away I think of him watching over me, pretty much every day. I know it happened for a period of time very distinctly, but as time has passed I've begun to wonder about those ancestors of mine who may have been unpleasant, and if they watch over us, but in a less than helpful way.

I imagine the state of the being continues on relatively unmolested in to the after life. It would have to if one were going to "watch over people" for any portion of time.

So then what about exceptionally petty or cruel people we knew?
I hadn't imagined that answers and wisdom were instantaneous gifts acquired at death. In my model those who were seeking truth and wisdom in life, are going to find the answers in the after life much easier, but not instantly.

So then again what about those petty people who stopped caring about others in life? How do they continue on in the afterlife? I don't believe in hell. Or a concept of perpetual entrapment or punishment that isn't entirely self inflicted.
Though it's possible that a great many people trap them selves in a version of hell while still alive, so they may continue that one in the next phase as well.

Could it be that people who are that limited in their scope of interaction with the universe and life, end up wandering in a blank canvas in the afterlife, totally self absorbed to the point that all else is rendered immaterial and essentially hidden?

What do you think?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Ancestors watching over us....even the unpleasant ones??

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think a sociopath suddenly disempowered by death is probably stunned. They would go thru the normal life-review and can then accept to move on or stew a while. I imagine having to watch the Living & being unable to dominate would frustrate & probably wear thin & they'd want to cut losses & move on.
Yellow diamond light

Post by Yellow diamond light »

Souls either stay or leave, I have watched one pass through sadly.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

If we haven't saved our program to the "Cloud" and our hardware dies, not much is retrievable.
As this analogy suggest reincarnation may not be an option for most individuals. It is important to establish a presence in the realm of Spirit while we yet live. The wise Witch often communes with his/her Spirit guide (God/Goddess) in daily meditation or in frequent Circle. We need to make conscious effort to touch Akasha (Cosmic Consciousness). We are units of awareness feeding a sense of presence, experience and knowledge into ethereal spaces, memories that we might retrieve in a future life. Not kool to begin again always as a blank book trapped in an endless cycle of life and death as lost and forgotten things. Akashic Records (Akasha) is a nexus of collective consciousness "Spirit Cloud". This is where many of our greatest minds have touched to achieve their eureka moments and this is essentially the mind of God materialized and conjured by consciousness throughout the sentient life phenomenon from a multiplicity of worlds.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Nicely said, Shekinah. I lean towards the concept of access to the Akashic through our higher-self that was also called over soul in the old Jane Roberts "Seth Speaks" books.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

HopefulChild wrote:I hadn't imagined that answers and wisdom were instantaneous gifts acquired at death.
I've been of a mind that does consider the dead aquire perfect wisdom. I hadn't considered the narcissistic, sociopath or psychopath. But I wonder if in gaining this knowledge all the hurt, pain and torture they have caused everyone would become undeniably clear. Would they have a feeling about that? I don't think the dead have emotions. Which seems pretty messed up considering the wake of destruction these types leave behind.
The thing that we as humans need to strive for is to become evolved, and with DNA playing a large role in our own shortcomings the task seems be the challenge of life.
So, great question Hopeful :roll: .are these ancestors attempting to have us accend or to continue in their shoes?
I have more thoughts but have to leave right now. FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Yellow diamond light

Post by Yellow diamond light »

The only difference in what you call the spirit world or afterlife and life is that you have no flesh, your memories are still in tact until your soul is recirculated, upon arrival it's time for rest and insight gaining,I am not going to claim to have all the answers and there might very well be multiple afterlives but the one that I have visited on a few occasions people still feel emotion ect. And you still feel touch and smell but it's not engaged by your nerves or cells rather the conscious memories of that smell and touch that has been stored in your mind through life. Hope this helps . And if it makes anyone feel any better then yes, you get what you put in back at the end, peaceful, loving? You will receive this. Cruel, hateful,evil? You will get back in return..
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

As a spirit worker I definitely think they can. My granny was controlling and abusive, wanted to live vicariously through me I think. She came back to me like that. I had to banish her. She become like an evil spirit. It was scary.

It was a real eye opener when someone pointed out that one's ancestors and relatives could be something like an evangelical Christian as well, if you're a pagan that could be a recipe for disaster.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

(personal thoughts)

If you give a spirit of something energy (emotion), form (memory and imagination) and attention (create connection) ...?

Almost begins to sound like a spell doesn't it?

Plenty of people are still unintentionally and subconsciously energetically entangled in the unhealthy energies of the shades of toxic relationships. Death makes no difference to this.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

In the story of Innana she gives up her heart shield and the emotions of love at one of the gates. I'm thinking that's where she looses memory and if one is giving up love then wouldn't all other emotions follow?
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”