How about a funeral pyre?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

How about a funeral pyre?

Post by Firebird »

blue_flee
Woops! and ....you're gone.
Has everyone had those conversations with your loved ones about how you would like your "life containment vessel" (body) to be disposed of after you have made your permanent journey across the veil and to the next realm??
If it's not in writing is it just up to those whom you had these conversations with to make sure they are followed through?
As I get ever more wrinkled, this is comming to mind frequently.
I know how I would really like it to be.... but what would the chances be that one could obtain a permit for a Norse type funeral pyre on the water with an archer and the whole 9 yards? I'm not sure I want to be all embalmed up and burried, and traditional cremation leaves me apprehensive ....who's to say that the crematorium is practicing ethical procedures? Having been part of a class action suit where the unimaginable happened to our loved one, it kind of freaks me out.
How you you guys want it to be?
Probably should have had this conversation around the Hallows season but you never know ....talk about it now.... think about it later ...avoid it altogether. A plan seems like a better idea.
Thanks in advance!
blue_flee
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
TwilightDancer

Re: How about a funeral pyre?

Post by TwilightDancer »

I'm actually hoping to be put into something similar to the BIOS urn. It's a biodegradable urn that is planted and a tree grows out of it. I want to return to nature. I think it would be a beautiful way to go.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

I have told my family that I want to be cremated. I don't mean a funeral pyre, but rather an ecologically friendly, ordinary cremation. The local crematorium did a good job with my dad. I want my ashes sprinkled in the forest - let me fertilize a new generation of trees. This is a very important conversation to have before you die. Good for you to bring it up.
Myrth
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Look into your state and county laws. I know it's been done before though.

There are usually some hoops to jump through, a few fees, and it generally needs to be done on private property somewhere where there's ample privacy. But the beginning step is to get a release of the body to the family after any post-mortem processes have been completed.

Better to plan this kind of thing earlier than later because of all the details involved in it.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

My cousin posted something on Facebook a while back about people wanting to go back to nature, so to speak, when being buried.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Amaranth3

Post by Amaranth3 »

My late husband wanted to have a funeral pyre but it wasn't allowed by law. So he was cremated and his ashes spread in the mountains per his request(wanted to look out for us he said).
I want to have my cremains spread somewhere pretty in nature.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
*AMARANTH*

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”