No Memories

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

No Memories

Post by Silversong »

I mainly post this because I am curious, not because it's a problem, but I'd still enjoy a discussion.

I hear a lot of people on here talking about remembering past lives, or their children remembering past lives, and... I don't feel like I've had past lives at all. There's absolutely 0% awareness of them, and I wonder if they're there at all or if it's possible for a new soul to be born into its first life this late in the cosmic game and if I'm one of those new souls. While I know for a fact that there is an animal inside me (although I have very little idea what it is - mammalian, social, and that's about it. Possibly carnivorous, judging its reactions to team games involving a chase and "hunt" for, say, a ball (the inside of my head during soccer in PE... becomes very much animal-self some days)), I'm not sure if that's an actual past life or if it's just purely my animal self. I'm inclined to believe the latter, though I couldn't say exactly why.

I'm not at all sure how these things work, if "new souls" exist at any point in time, much less this late into the cosmic game, so to speak, or if souls are considered eternal things that are always in existence in one form or another. This is nothing urgent, but it is a topic of discussion I've actually never opened up with anyone and that I'd be interested in mulling over for a while, and having other people to mull it over with (and, you know, tolerate the thinking-out-loud-slash-on-paper-slash-on-computer-screen thing I do sometimes) would be a very nice thing for me. Especially people who actually know what they're talking about, rather than me talking purely off of instinct XD
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: No Memories

Post by SnowCat »

I think it would be unusual for this to be your first time around, this late in the cosmic game. It could be though, that you haven't taken human former in the past, or at least not in a long while. I understand the animal inside feeling. I'm not great in crowds of humans, would be a disaster in a coven, but feel quite at home in a clowder of cats.

I think society in general, is becoming more receptive to things that are not so mainstream, and that spirits who may have eschewed human form, for lifetimes, might be feeling less reluctant to do so now.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

I also agree with Snow on this one, it would be quite odd for this to be your first time around. I imagine you either have never had a human form or simply you don't remember. Many people don't remember their past lives at all, and never do. Your feeling of your animal self could definitely be you remembering a past life as an animal.
I'm sure there are many meditation methodes of trying to recall lost memories. And I think I also heard of some form of hypnosis to allow you to remember those memories as well, though I've never done that.

Love and light
Dee [HEAVY BLACK HEART]
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Do you think its possible for someone to be a plant in past lives?
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

Sure why not? You have lived thousands of lives. You've been around forever. I wouldn't doubt it if you were a plant at some point!
theharmoniouscrow

Post by theharmoniouscrow »

A very interesting topic, Silversong! I've had a ponder about that a few times too.
I don't "remember" my past lives, but I am drawn to cultures and times and things that I really have no reason to be drawn to (like ancient Japan - I also picked up Japanese very quickly and easily, which is quite surprising - so I'm thinking... maybe I was once alive in Japan during that era?)
And I think we can live a life as anything, really.
Hmm. What about a mountain? *ponders*
Trees! I would love to have been a tree at some point - would explain my passion for them too.
Also - how old are you, if I may ask?
I only started experiencing these cultural "rememberings" in my late twenties, early thirties (I'm turning 40 in a month's time) so perhaps the memories are there, but still have to surface... maybe they only start coming once we've "worked through" our early years in this life?
Just a thought :)
"It's often a person's mouth that broke their nose." - old Irish saying.

I listen more than I speak - don't mistake that for lack of opinion.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

My past life memories have surfaced when I needed to know or understand something. I don't know if it works that way for everyone.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

I was quite young when I started remembering thing. Like around 8 years old. At first it came to me in dreams and then as I got older more so when I was awake. I also have had a lot of paranormal and psychic experiences in my life which may play a part in remembering so much.

But I really don't doubt that you could have been a tree or anything living really. Energy never dies, you have existed since the begining of time as far as I believe :)

Dee [HEAVY BLACK HEART]
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Aside from
Past lives there are pleiadeans and star children. Things of that sort. You may be foreign to this world. .. If you feel you don't belong. Don't bind w parents. Etc. Google star seeds , drop-ins , light workers ... Things like that. Pretty interesting.
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

Yes it is pretty interesting! I just googled light workers a couple weeks ago
Positive Thoughts and Good Vibes
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

I started dreaming when I was like 8. They felt like memories. I was short and couldn't move. Except when the wind blew, then I would sway with it. It was pretty chill. I saw animal and stuff. Then I got eaten. I've had that dream and ones like it a couple times. Also, whenever I lay in a field of flowers or lay against a tree, animals will land on me and crawl on me and walk past me as if I wasn't even there. I just google all that star-seed and light worker stuff. It seems interesting. I might have to look more into it.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

Those sound like fantastic dreams/memories! Very peaceful. So in the dreams were you a plant of some kind? :)
I'm not sure I ever remember being a plant but I wouldn't doubt it.
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

It wouldn't surprise me if my spirit had eschewed human form until now, or at least for a very long time, considering my general view on humanity (to some extent, this quote is accurate: "I never use the words 'humanist' or 'humanitarian,' as it seems to me that to be human is to be capable of the most heinous crimes in nature." -Elphaba Thropp, Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, by Gregory Maguire). Obviously there are many exceptions to that, but I've had that basic idea in my head for a long time and modern society is not helping derail it. Wicked just put it into words for me.

I'm still in high school, so...

I definitely belong to this world. I know that much. Although there are days I want nothing more than sky.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

I had my stuff together so much more in high school hah
ness

Post by ness »

I did not have any memory of my past life at all. But I did have some lingering feelings that I couldn't explain from this life time, must like your feeling of an animal inside. It happens that we might not always remember our past lives. It is not necessary, I think. For me, it didn't happen till I met someone from my past life and it sort of brought out memories from somewhere... It is hard to explain, and it is hard to handle when the times blur like that, causing a sense of being lost because you don't know which time to follow.

I do think new souls exist. And even if you had life times before, it might not all be of significance to you in this life time. And what is significant will come to you through your life experiences. If you can keep up on your meditation work and opening your mind, you might tap into some past life memory.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”