Past life memory in third person?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Binglian

Past life memory in third person?

Post by Binglian »

I always have some dreams that I suspect to be my past life. However, most of them are in third person. I saw some people in the forum also experience past life memory in third person. My question is is it possible to actually dream of your past life in third person?

To me, it's really hard to imagine seeing your memory in a third person view. It's like remembering something from your past, but from other's perspective. Did I actually dream of my past life? Or was it just dreams?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: past life memory in third person?

Post by SpiritTalker »

If it's happening, it's possible. Keep notes.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I had a dream of what I believe was a past life as a foot soldier during the Napoleonic wars. I was hiding in some tall grass, and could hear others looking for me. I knew that I was the soldier, and at the same time, I was watching the whole thing. It was rather unsettling.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Oh wow, guys, the OP is dated December 16, 2014. Did we accidentally leave this hanging? Sorry Binglian, I didn't see this. Thanks for starting responses to it SpiritTalker. Better late than never, I guess.

Oakheart

Post by Oakheart »

I used to have a recurring dream of standing in front of a mirror, watching as my reflection transformed into that of a man clad in a leather breastplate and kilt. The rest of the dream was a vivid first person perspective of walking around a forest. These dreams were so vivid and repetitive that I could easily navigate that forest in real life.
Student of Rosicrucianism, Neoplatonism & Hermetic Kabbalah.
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

Hi guys, wow, I didn't even expect to receive so many comments at this time. I guess people found their way mysteriously into this thread again. :flyingwitch:

But thanks for the cool experiences you guys shared with us. I guess it is definitely possible to dream in third person since the universe has it unique way to work things out.
Fae

Post by Fae »

I actually experienced something similar a few years back. I had a reoccurring dream set in ancient Egyptian times (I wish I could be more specific), in which I was one of two sisters working as a slave or servant for a wealthier individual, and the same thing happens over and over.

I am the older sister and we are running through the house we work in, trying to hide from a man that I've always assumed to be our master. The sense of fear of him felt longstanding, beyond just the situation. For some reason I hide us underneath an altar to Osiris, where the white tablecloth should keep us from being seem. It's always at this point that I"detach" from the girl I am, and sort of float above the scene. The man I was hiding from ends up finding us, and I scratch his face. He grabs both my sister and I, and I can clearly see this from above.

It gets really graphic after that, but this man ends up killing my sister and I while I continue to watch from above. And the craziest part is in this dream I can feel what he's doing to them/me, even though I'm watching from a safe distance. So yes, I would say it's definitely possible. Maybe our brain does this as a self defense mechanism almost? In some situations reliving those moments could be pretty traumatic, so instead we try and detach from it a little more. I think it may help by showing the bigger overall picture rather than just one perspective?
Binglian

Re: Past life memory in third person?

Post by Binglian »

Hello Fae, I think your explanation is actually spot on. I have read an article few days ago talking about how people remember their traumatic experiences through third person point of view, and I have never notice that before until I started thinking back through my memories, and realise that I did remember some of my traumatic experiences in third person. So I definitely think that the same concept applied to past life memories as well.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”