Do You Believe You Have Been Reincarnated?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Nightwatcher

Re: Do You Believe You Have Been Reincarnated?

Post by Nightwatcher »

LiebeUndLicht wrote:
Nightwatcher wrote:@LiebeUndLicht: I shy away from horror movies too. I always freak and sob horribly. *sigh* ^^;
Aw hahahaha. I actually really like them now xD on Halloween my friends and I are going to have a horror night and watch scary movies and tell ghost stories smiley_dance
For some reason, I can handle orally-told ghost stories. no idea why... XD But I hope you have lots of fun! And good luck with your report. ^^
jmorton8

Post by jmorton8 »

I think what were made up of will eventually be spread into different forms, but our soul...don't buy into that....definitely not reincarnated into something without a soul. That's kind of just not a very justifiable position...but I am Christian so I guess I am a little bias.
jmorton8

Post by jmorton8 »

You call your folks Atheists but aren't you essentially saying the same thing...you see everything in the physical and refuse the notion of the spiritual world...that's what I gathered.
LiebeUndLicht

Post by LiebeUndLicht »

Thank-you for your answer!
Not all scars show and not all wounds heal. Sometimes you never truly see the pain that someone feels.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I believe in reincarnation. I have never researched my past lives or anything but I have always believed that when we pass our bodies do rest in the Summerland and then are born again into another body. I believe partially this is why I have deja vu. For example when I see somebody and they remind me of a past loved one from this life. I feel this way a lot with children and young adults like I know them but in this life I know I dont. I will go home and meditate on it and make the connection spiritually feeling like I did indeed know them once before.
VeeBee

Post by VeeBee »

I do believe I've been reincarnated. I've always felt that way. One day I had my cards read and I've been told that in a past life (just after the 2nd world war) I was a boy who fell through the ice on a lake and drowned age between 6-8. Before I've been told that I had the odd bad dream about drowning or a fear of being buried alive. I don't have those dreams anymore since that day.
LadyCoyote

Post by LadyCoyote »

Xiao Rong wrote:I might be in the minority here, but I don't personally believe in reincarnation. In part, it's because I haven't personally experienced anything that would lead me to believe in past/future lives. I also don't know how such a thing would work; it doesn't fit into my cosmology (for instance, I don't believe the Goddess or the universe to be omnipotent, so I don't know by what mechanism the soul would be transferred from one body to another to be reborn). Even if such a mechanism did exist, I don't know if I would consider someone who doesn't have my memories from my experiences would be ME, per se ... Even if some part of me did go on to become another person, I wouldn't consider them to be me. I guess I just don't view the soul that way as an essential part of my personhood that if it were transferred to another time and place without my memories, it could still resemble me in any way.
I agree. And yes, if my soul is something that can be implanted, how would my own personality or traits be consistent, when I have so many timelines and histories to conflict with?
I feel like reincarnation was just a tool to keep the caste structure in India intact.
LiebeUndLicht

Post by LiebeUndLicht »

LadyCoyote wrote:
Xiao Rong wrote:I might be in the minority here, but I don't personally believe in reincarnation. In part, it's because I haven't personally experienced anything that would lead me to believe in past/future lives. I also don't know how such a thing would work; it doesn't fit into my cosmology (for instance, I don't believe the Goddess or the universe to be omnipotent, so I don't know by what mechanism the soul would be transferred from one body to another to be reborn). Even if such a mechanism did exist, I don't know if I would consider someone who doesn't have my memories from my experiences would be ME, per se ... Even if some part of me did go on to become another person, I wouldn't consider them to be me. I guess I just don't view the soul that way as an essential part of my personhood that if it were transferred to another time and place without my memories, it could still resemble me in any way.
I agree. And yes, if my soul is something that can be implanted, how would my own personality or traits be consistent, when I have so many timelines and histories to conflict with?
I feel like reincarnation was just a tool to keep the caste structure in India intact.
We were actually talking about this in school today, and I was surprised at the amount of people that actually believed in reincarnation, and actually how many people were Christians and believed in it.
Obviously I'm not here to convert you but we watched this video and I thought it was quite interesting. This is only part one though, there are two parts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78OEtsp3MUM
Not all scars show and not all wounds heal. Sometimes you never truly see the pain that someone feels.
LadyCoyote

Post by LadyCoyote »

LiebeUndLicht wrote:
LadyCoyote wrote:
We were actually talking about this in school today, and I was surprised at the amount of people that actually believed in reincarnation, and actually how many people were Christians and believed in it.
Obviously I'm not here to convert you but we watched this video and I thought it was quite interesting. This is only part one though, there are two parts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78OEtsp3MUM
No yeah, I mean this is only what I've collected. I have a friend that has memories of some past lives. But idk I'll need to research it more to find out what I can piece together. Thank you for linking it, and I'll watch the both of them. If there is more stuff id like to see. But it's just like, most people I encounter they say they were royalty figures, and it sounds ridiculous. I mean it would be more common if someone was a indentured servant, or a Chinese farmer than any dead celebrity you know?
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Pretty interesting video; thanks for sharing! To be clear, I've also known plenty of people who have memories of past lives, and I'm not denying that they have those experiences, or that insight into those memories can be very meaningful or fulfilling. I just personally haven't had any such memories, and I don't understand the mechanism by which reincarnation would work, so I just happen to be much more interested in this life, in the here and now, than exploring any past lives I may or may not have.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
LiebeUndLicht

Post by LiebeUndLicht »

Xiao Rong wrote:Pretty interesting video; thanks for sharing! To be clear, I've also known plenty of people who have memories of past lives, and I'm not denying that they have those experiences, or that insight into those memories can be very meaningful or fulfilling. I just personally haven't had any such memories, and I don't understand the mechanism by which reincarnation would work, so I just happen to be much more interested in this life, in the here and now, than exploring any past lives I may or may not have.
Oh yes, I understand that, about living in the here and now and not stressing on what may or may not be. I guess it is harder to believe in something that you haven't experienced, but I think in a way that not everyone has been reincarnated. I believe that when your soul has 'soaked up' all the knowledge it needs, it can rest in Summerland, hence why some people have these memories and others don't. But I also don't understand why people think they're all these amazing celebrities, I don't think I was anything like that in a past life.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

So I kept forgetting to reply to this thread (been suuuper busy past few weeks), but what's really funny is that like two days after my last post here about how I don't believe in reincarnation and don't have evidence for it, I went to my coven meeting and my coven mates started talking about reincarnation ... and then one of them talked about soulmates. Although usually we think of soulmates as our One True Love, she talked about how people tend to reincarnate together and share these really strong bonds throughout multiple lives (not always romantically -- sometimes as siblings or friends, or possibly parents). And then that set off bells in my head, because I DO have experience with this ... my best friend and I have this really weird, almost otherworldly connection. We were college roommates, which is already a pretty crazy random happenstance, and we have always had an uncanny knack for knowing what the other is thinking. Like, we can go for months without speaking to each other (we live in different states now, and we both get busy from time to time) and then suddenly call each other on the exact same day. We can look at each other and say the exact same thing, even though it was a totally random thought without context. And a bunch of other little things. I can't really describe it, but we've both described it to other people as having a telepathic, soulmate-level connection. Never experienced anything else even remotely like this.

So while I'm still not 100% convinced of reincarnation, and still more interested in this life in the here and now ... well, this is at least one piece of evidence I have for reincarnation being real.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I haven't kept up with this thread either. My current life keeps getting in the way. I've had flashes and dreams of other lives. I was even involved with someone from a life in 15th century Ireland. He told me about a dream he had of that lifetime, and that I died. I told him exactly how I died. Then we started getting visits from a spirit we had known in that life. She was trying to warn me against getting involved with him again. The relationship ended quite badly. I realized years later, that he had been the one who set up the raid on the tavern by the English. The only part of his plans that went wrong was his death. The English had no reason to trust someone who would betray his own countrymen, so they killed him too. He was a sociopath in this life too. The final week that I was living with him, I went to bed every night wondering if I would still be alive in the morning.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'd say I accept the possibility and can maneuver with it, but I can't truthfully say I believe I've been reincarnated, although I've been provided with a series of lives in story form, and I have dreams that suggest it. Yes, it's very possible. Yet, perception can be an illusion, so I'm not 100% convinced. Maybe I'm just not willing to commit.
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

Yes I believe we all have. Many times in fact. So many times that we have all played most the parts by now: victim, abuser, hero, heroin, lover, fighter ... I also believe that the karmic cycle is coming to an end soon as we start transcendence. The veil is thinning. I can feel it. I know I sound like a kook, but I'm okay with that. Lol ;)

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”