about reincarnation

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Heartsong

Re: about reincarnation

Post by Heartsong »

I've never heard of anyone being asked to come back, but I do think that you are given options at the end of your life. As far as who would be doing the asking, my personal thought id the universe itself. This is just my point of view, but I think that the part of us that makes us, well, "us" (i.e., individual beings capable of thought, reasoning, love, and growth) is a small fragment of a larger energy (i.e., the universe, gods, what ever name you'd like to give it). When we move on from this life, we go back to that energy with what we've learned. I can't claim to know precisely why or how it all works, but I think that, upon returning to that energy, we go through a process of exchange, regaining knowledge from past lives and then melding it with what we've learned in the most recent one. Hence, If anyone, or anything, asks us if we'd like to return, I would think it would be this energy.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Isis3Anubis

Re: about reincarnation

Post by Isis3Anubis »

In Buddhism an enlightened monk may either become one with the higher conscious universe for eternity, or come back to teach and guide others. Most bodhisattva enlightened ones come back like the Dali Lama to bring others to enlightenment or help the community in some way.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”