Unexplained Premonition? (Please help!)

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Falcon_Heart27

Unexplained Premonition? (Please help!)

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

First of all, I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, I'm not really sure where to put it.
So, let's not beat around the bush- I think my life is drawing to a close. I am really, REALLY trying not to be over dramatic, but it's true.
Within the last week, my psychic senses have been extremely heightened. Lucid dreaming, predicting things before they happen, stuff like that. So, needless to say, I was quite disturbed when I started getting this overwhelming feeling that I won't be around much longer. It's gotten even worse since in my daily tarot readings, I've kept drawing things about crossing over to the Otherworld (spirit world, other side, whatever you want to call it- basically, dying). I draw a daily card from the Druid oracles deck, and today I drew The Adder, which is all about transitioning to the Otherworld.
The worst part? I'm not scared. But I WANT TO BE. I'm not ready to go, I really don't want to, I have plans for making this life of mine glorious. But something deep inside me, almost instinctual, keeps that fear blanketed.
Does anyone know what is happening to me, or why? Because I don't want it to. I want a nice, long life. I'm too young to leave yet. Is something playing with my head, is this my imagination? I'm not depressed, in fact, I'm very optimistic and happy. I'm not mentally ill, promise. ;) In the past, whenever I thought about dying, I would be terrified. But now that I'm possibly facing it, I'm so calm. I hate it, it's not right, and I don't want to die.
How do I get rid of these dreadful feelings? *please* help!! Thank you all. {And I'm sorry if I sound insane!}

~Falcon
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unexplained Premonition? (Please help!)

Post by Xiao Rong »

In general, "Death" in most divination systems don't mean literal death, but a dramatic transformation (death of the old self, if you will). That can also be intimidating, but I really doubt that your Oracle deck is telling you you are about to die. Maybe the fact that your psychic senses are being heightened means that you are being attuned to the Otherworld, not that you are literally going to cross over.

Also, I would caution against doing daily readings. It's helpful when you are learning divination to practice a bit every day, but I also have heard of people getting too reliant on them. When you do divination, the purpose is to give you a little more power and courage to face the future. If it's starting to cause you anxiety and fear, then it's time to back off on the daily readings a bit, because you are giving too much power over your life to your cards. You are not meant to know your future - just a peek behind the curtains, so that you can make decisions about your life with a little more assurance. Too much, and you are focusing way more on the future, than on the present, which is where you need to be.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Xiao Rong wrote:In general, "Death" in most divination systems don't mean literal death, but a dramatic transformation (death of the old self, if you will). That can also be intimidating, but I really doubt that your Oracle deck is telling you you are about to die. Maybe the fact that your psychic senses are being heightened means that you are being attuned to the Otherworld, not that you are literally going to cross over.

Also, I would caution against doing daily readings. It's helpful when you are learning divination to practice a bit every day, but I also have heard of people getting too reliant on them. When you do divination, the purpose is to give you a little more power and courage to face the future. If it's starting to cause you anxiety and fear, then it's time to back off on the daily readings a bit, because you are giving too much power over your life to your cards. You are not meant to know your future - just a peek behind the curtains, so that you can make decisions about your life with a little more assurance. Too much, and you are focusing way more on the future, than on the present, which is where you need to be.
Thanks, Xiao. I probably should back off of the daily readings, especially if it's making me paranoid, lol.
Silly me... *facepalm* I really should've seen that the "Death" was a dramatic transformation of self rather than literal death. I could very well be approaching that "death", seeing as I'm about to throw myself into a situation with new people.
I'm still interested to hear what anyone has to say on this topic, but I think I've reached a conclusion...I got worked up over nothing, and I should stop relying on my cards so much. Well this was embarrassing. Anyway, we all learn from our mistakes, so this was probably beneficial.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

No, no! Don't be embarrassed. Believe me, I know how VERY hard it is to have the ability to know at least a tiny piece of the future, and not to exercise it regularly ... but on the upside, you got plenty of good practice!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Thanks Xiao. :)
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Falcon_Heart27 wrote:I've kept drawing things about crossing over to the Otherworld
I hope reviving this topic ain't bringing much chaos, but it seems suitable to ask, all of you -

If one would be with one foot in Middhe and other foot in the Otherworld, smoothly transiting from one to another and back again, would a permanent transition to other side be even required according to the law of balance?
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

@ SL - one foot in each world could almost describe an avatar’s position. They choose to stay or move on, don’t they?

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”