Warrior

Member's writings, poetry, ramblings, etc.
The_lone_wolf

Warrior

Post by The_lone_wolf »

A strange realization occured in my mind which inspired me much .

I say , the mark of an warrior is not that he can kill , but he can tolerate pain and fatigue with harmony and good humor and he still loves !

What happened , i came back home from my relatives house on a cramped non reserved railcar where we could not even properly stand , let alone relax . On top of that , to leave space for co passengers i had to carry my bag on my head for one hour , so that one more man can enter the coach and also to save my tablet from breaking apart . Another three hours of jostling while my bag jolted and swayed from my soulder . But i was so happy meeting my relatives , i was never out of good humor and soothed every abrasion with mild logic and a smile or a laugh . I am 2 days bed ridden , nearly , so much for the journey .

Today i realised that it is the mark of a warrior and that gave me pride .
The mark of an warrior is not that he can kill , but that he can tolerate pain and fatigue with a smile or a laugh , never losing good humor , and he still loves . .
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Warrior

Post by Firebird »

Ya know, that's a good assessment. Keep smiling through all the trials and tribulations. I think that is something people forget. Life can be a journey depending on how you look at it :fairy:

What a journey, where are you located? They wouldn't allow that on the Amtrak, sounds terribly cramped.
The warrior will recover and back to new adventures!!, it's nice to see relatives.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I like your signature. Our journey sometimes finds us by surprise.
I couldn't help but have this song spring into my mind, sorry :roll: guess it's an old earworm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47y5bo8wtqM
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
The_lone_wolf

Post by The_lone_wolf »

The song is very beautiful , though warrior does not mean living in danger or go on fighting or anything like that . An warrior is disciplined by nature and keeps up his body and knows how to fight .
The mark of an warrior is not that he can kill , but that he can tolerate pain and fatigue with a smile or a laugh , never losing good humor , and he still loves . .
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

1. Witchcraft is fight.

Spells for love wealth and health mean you want to impose your will to current shape of the world i.e. your will against some other will.

2. Martial arts, yeah.

Only thing I do now is self-taught dagger throwing. I throw it from hara (see Japanese arts ref) or solar plexus on target, this way it is more empowering.
Archery is strong in symbolism. Kind of similar focus-to-release training but asymmetrical.
I throw daggers with both hands to keep symmetry.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
barker

Post by barker »

The_lone_wolf wrote:I say , the mark of an warrior is not that he can kill , but he can tolerate pain and fatigue with harmony and good humor and he still loves !
When a warrior kills, a warrior thinks nada.
When a warrior loves, s/he smiles as per usual.

It is as though a warrior is neutral about the question of whether or not it is normal to love and fight.
The_lone_wolf

Post by The_lone_wolf »

Yes , looks like that . Killing is bread love is everything else . Quite .
Micheál

Post by Micheál »

All can be a spiritual warrior, and adopt the ethos. Part of that is bravery, doing what's right, tolerate hardship, and push through adversary to be a part of something greater than themselves.

Some actually do have to fight. To come to terms with the fact they can likely die, and if they don't, it's a certainty that their comrades will, and have to come to grips that no matter what precautions, innocents will inadvertently suffer too. They make it through the indoctrination of their training to be able to carry out these duties in the time of their service, self-sacrificing in the process.

Both require discipline, and sacrifice. All wars, actual, symbolic, personal,etc have casualties, few being heroic or glorious.
barker

Post by barker »

Warrior dies? Rather that warrior serves... an immortal knower is in him.
barker

Post by barker »

Micheál wrote:Both require discipline, and sacrifice. All wars, actual, symbolic, personal,etc have casualties, few being heroic or glorious.
Holy wars are glorious, incest is symbolic of mutual frustration - the urge to talk.
The_lone_wolf

Post by The_lone_wolf »

No war ever is glorious . A warrior needs no war . He need not kill . The spirit matters . One who can keep cool under pressure is a good man . The qualities of a warrior is appreciated in society because living is after all a lifelong war . And the better warrior you are you cause less damage to the society .
barker

Post by barker »

The holy war is secret, but it is called glorious to confuse people. You are right.
barker

Post by barker »

Warrior me / lover you / they are them / selves don't care if they / want.
barker

Post by barker »

truth warrior(I am righteous) = truth lover(I want her) + truth purpose(I will serve)

A real way to end the story of who knows where to come from... the heart.
barker

Post by barker »

The MIND of the warrior is an enlightened question - to be or not to be brave.

A koan of great significance to some...

Return to “The Creative Corner”