Hex's youtube channel

Member's writings, poetry, ramblings, etc.
L.J.Hex

Re: Hex's youtube channel

Post by L.J.Hex »

Hahahaha, Whiplash used to be on our live set for a long time. Love that song. Simple and powerful and in your face. Or should I say, metal up your ass! :twisted:

Yea, great ideas, if we had more than one. I'm not sure if there's somebody taking front view video this time, maybe, but my friend and I are going to record our stuff from behind and above the drums. He has done that on some gig, I still haven't so this time its gonna be stationary drumcam.

It would be really cool to make more professional looking live recording some time, take the audio straight from the mixer + a Zoom or some other recorder and then have several cameras.
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
Astro Logical 1

Post by Astro Logical 1 »

Don't forget that you can use cellphones for video footage too. You only need the audio from one device or mix, the rest is just visuals to throw in there. You can strap your phone to a cymbals stand with tape or lean them on the front of the stage. 4 of you playing means 4 perspectives. Man I wish I was musically inclined. I've had 4 guitars and my hands just don't do what I want them to. My youngest kid though she's rocking the Flute. I'm trying to get her and her boyfriend to learn Cemetery Gates haha. He plays Bass and Trumpet
Love and Blessings
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Hahaha, that's cool. :D Never heard that song with those instruments.

I can't get my head around a guitar either, drums, piano and mouth harp are a different thing. And singing.

Yea, sure the cellphones work if they're decent ones. My phone is so old it doesn't take decent video in dim lighting. Also it doesn't have a memory card so the space is rather limited. I should talk with my band mates about making a kind of pro video of some gig some time. So far we have always had just one camera around if any. And it has happened several times that someone is recording it but never send the material to us later on. That has happened so many times I've lost count.

I should hurry to the rehearsal room soon, I will play our live set once and disassemble the drums for tomorrow... It takes a good while as my drumkit isn't the tinyest thing around.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

Interesting, because this exact song came to mind a short while ago, when you brought up the subject of metal.

Hosted by Metal Injection. @ 3:58, my, my, my.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngMJTWUanCA

I'll skip metal harps/fiddles/whatnot because it's wrong to dump some of my favorite vids on someone else's video post. Also, I'm thinking about starting another music thread, the place for me to display my assorted flavors of tripe.

Hex, attempt to record whatever, and please post because there are silent ears in shadows waiting to listen.

Ask spectators in the crowd if they would send your their recorded videos? That way, you would have different “points of view.” All in sync with the soundbite, so you can chop/paste/copy.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Hello witch people, I missed you guys!

The tour was a total blast, a kind of success I never expected. Living the dream. The last gig gave us such a pile of money from ticket sales, I've never seen it like that. The other bands were great, it was like a band of brothers helping each other out, everything went so smooth and easy I can't believe it.

I'm still having my mind messed up by all this, I met so many new friends, drank like a fish and had so much fun its unimaginable. I'm downloading a drumcam video of the last gig as I'm typing this. (There's at least two or three recordings from the last gig + sound straight from the mixer so something darn good is to be expected.)

The last venue was packed, literally, it was hot as hell and the crowd was on fire. I have never had so many compliments after a gig, even my bandmates came to me one by one to praise my performance. It took good fifteen minutes to get out for a smoke after the gig because the crowd was pulling me to side to praise my drumming.

It was amazing, I could go again right away! We're planning a tour to Lapland/Sweden with the same line-up... This truly was a dream come true, the rock 'n' roll heaven, no need to dream about it any more. The last gig paid so well we easily covered all expenses and got some saved for producing merchandise or paying studiotime or what not.

I'm totally in awe of how well it all went. I have dreamed of this kind of stuff since I was a kid. I'm totally in for more!

I will upload some video later tonight when I get it edited.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Ok, here's a raw mix drumcam video from the gig last night. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfN4U-RdKP4
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaOldt5SSWM

Same thing but with pro sound. Check it out! ::coolglasses::
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Ok, another day, another drumcam video. :D

This is one of our best songs, hands down. I love to play this, its more classic heavy metal drumming on this one, its rather easy and fun to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcZRiXG9i3w
Lenaleanna

Post by Lenaleanna »

That is awesome!!! I don't listen to metal like I used to in my younger years... you are awesome!!!
Thank you for sharing and I'm so glad you had such a successful show!!!
Lenaleanna :flyingwitch:
When the ground gives way and your world collapses, maybe you just need to have faith. And trust that you can survive this. Maybe you just need to hold on tight. And no matter what, don't let go.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Lenaleanna wrote:That is awesome!!! I don't listen to metal like I used to in my younger years... you are awesome!!!
Thank you for sharing and I'm so glad you had such a successful show!!!
Lenaleanna :flyingwitch:
Thank you Lena. :D Glad you liked it.

So, if you dig that, you're gonna love this. Third song which is about an smart apparatus for those without a status.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i-l8R4SuHQ
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Hmm... Its so funny, I have seen this same thing on many forums before, people are curious enough to read this stuff, but very few have anything to say. Funny thing, happens time and again. Are you shy? Don't be shy. :mrgreen: :twisted:

Here's another video, this one is about the time when Antabus pills run out (Its a name for a drug used for treating alcoholism, making it almost impossible to drink while on that shit.) which is a bad, bad thing.... :P

This song is quite different from our usual stuff, you can clearly hear the influence of Anthrax and Stone on it, probably because this is the only (?) song which was written solely by our ex lead guitarist. Its a fun song to play, very easy for me, not as stressing as some other ones... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSEPWmMHitM
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Guys and girls, I would like to ask for your opinion on the live recordings, what do you think, does it sound good enough to make a live album out of it? We're short on merchandise and it would be very easy to make... I got better audio for it than what's on the drum cam videos...

I don't care if you're into heavy metal or music in general, I want your honest opinion, would this material make a good album? Its bit funny to ask this here as its not a music forum, but musicians are somewhat biased on this as they know how this stuff is made, I want an opinion of listener, so please chime in, take a listen and fire away! Thanks. :mrgreen:
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I'm really not on the mood for posting any of this, but here you go.... Four songs from the gig left and I will sahre all of them.

This one's called Cyberdemons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaseEJMM2nI
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Another day, another video. This one's little different. Its a cover of Nuclear Assault's Critical Mass with our lead guitarist on vocals and he totally kills it with his traditional thrash metal vocal style. One of my favourite songs to play. This was the first time we played it on record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF5TFiTkDzE
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

:fairy: looks like good material to me. You said you have better audio as these are for the drum only, right?
I can tell your carpal tunnel is bothering you, but heck dude you make it look so easy, which I'm sure it's not.
Rock On! you guys sure did cover a lot of ground ...1000 miles you said? and I imagine all that travel is in the snow, ugh. Nice drum cam by the way.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “The Creative Corner”