Hex's youtube channel

Member's writings, poetry, ramblings, etc.
L.J.Hex

Re: Hex's youtube channel

Post by L.J.Hex »

firebirdflys wrote::fairy: looks like good material to me. You said you have better audio as these are for the drum only, right?
I can tell your carpal tunnel is bothering you, but heck dude you make it look so easy, which I'm sure it's not.
Rock On! you guys sure did cover a lot of ground ...1000 miles you said? and I imagine all that travel is in the snow, ugh. Nice drum cam by the way.
BB, FF
Yes, I do have better audio which I will use for the full gig video which I'm going to make today, or at least start it out. It has two camera angles to it also. Too bad the front camera was so close that you can't see all the audience. People weren't going that crazy as we opened up for the evening, but they all paid attention which was very positive. Also they weren't too drunk to forget everything.

Yes that day was horribly painful to play, it was crazy as normally when it goes that bad, I just can't play. I got somehow really psyched for it and played probably the best gig of my life or at least very close. That's usually a sign of good technique when it looks easy. It sure as hell didn't feel easy at all. :twisted:

Around 1000 kilometres, how many miles would that be? +500?

Ok, four more songs to go and here's today's video. The song is called Lawbreaker and its about how Russian customs suck. Familiar subject as we live on the border. It has sort of ironic take on it of course. Our guitarist wrote lot of the lyrics while waiting to cross the border. Its a midtempo song which is rather technical, more work on guitars than drums though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwbSsiQhbRo
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Wow, 371 times read already, you guys sure are checking this stuff out. :D I wish more of you would click on the videos or comment something. ;)
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

This post is not just about my YT channel, its shameless self promotion.

We are releasing a live album of our gig. The audio and performance are so good its a waste to not use this opportunity. As with out previous releases, we're paying this ourselves and making it quite cheap so we can hand it out for little money or for free.

I will also make a full set video with front and drum cam and the album mix on it. We're even talking about making it into a DVD as there's material for that too.

The tour totally lighted up my motivation for our band and we have been way too stagnant for way too long. And besides we need merchandise. One more cd to sell ain't bad and a full length album for 5€ is a bargain. Also we're planning to print new shirts and finally after all these years, a logo patch.

There's still two drumcam videos to come before the final blast of the whole thing. Also the black metal band I play in are coming to rehearse next week and we're gonna make rehearsal music videos which I will upload on YT and naturally also spam links here. I have no clue if there's somebody here who's into atmospheric old school black metal, but going to link the stuff regardless. :mrgreen:
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

The end is near and with it comes the most kick ass songs of the gig! This one has our Antabus For All followed by Hit The Lights. This is best recording of this song I've ever played, this is it folks... After this one there's an encore and then the whole show.

Watch to the end, its worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RGAwl7WDxQ
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

My tablet has suddenly decided not to open videos :evilwitch:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Damn thing. What a timing. Hopefully it will start working again. Restart might do the trick.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Last one's a charm.

We played Poliisi Pamputtaa from Eppu Normaali as an encore. Mikko Saarela of said band passed away recently and this was an ex tempore number dedicated for him. Eppu Normaali was one of the most famous punk bands in Finland and their music has had a huge influence on Finnish rock/punk/metal music. We played it with our own touch of course, faster and heavier, making it sound almost like a thrash metal song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5aYAc3aKZ0
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I have been taking my time again... But now its exporting. The full gig video with front and drum cameras and way better sound than on the drumcam only videos. Its taking ages. 49 minutes of full quality video takes over two hours to export on this old computer. I wish I had something with more power so it would be quicker. Well. No hurries.

I opted for an outro this time, the gig starts right on the first moment and then in the end there's over four minute outro with some info about the tour, the bands and lot of photos.

I used totally epic movie soundtrack on it, a live version played by some guy on youtube. Totally hits the spot if you ask me. 80's action flick. ;)

Lets see how damn long it will take to upload too, the file is 3,6Gb.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Upload on the way. Finally. :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I'll have to get the laptop out, I tried shutting off the tablet but it still doesn't want to play most videos.
I use chrome for most of my posting. Interestingly enough I also use Firefox on the tablet, it will play videos, but The page for posting on here is weird so I don't use it much.
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Here it is. Damn this was one heck of a piece of work to make. The software I'm using has kind of clunky UI. There's better ones, but at least its quite light for the computer. THere's a longish outro giving some info on the tour + the bands and there's photos too.... With classic 80's action flick theme on it. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHwVDflS9lU
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

Hey L.J.Hex! I just checked out your bands YouTube channel and subscribed to it. I am more old school music, but I am going to turn my nephew on to your music, as your music is his music! Rock on bro!!!
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Thanks. :)

I have been having a break from almost everything music related lately... Our thrash metal band is on hiatus for now, honestly I have no idea when we will be back at it. Hopefully during summer. Add in laziness and other things in life and the wrist surgery which I will have on friday, that'll make two months off drumming completely. I'm not too happy about it as it means a lot of work when my wrists are healed, but somehow I've felt out of motivation for it. I was planning to make a cover video some time ago, but I dropped the idea.

Lets see when the time for music comes again. I know it will.

Oh and please do spam your nephew about my bands, if he's into metal, he'll probably find something worth listening.
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

Good luck with your wrist surgery Friday and a have speedy recovery! I have trigger finger and nerve damage in both my hands that I need operated on, but I'm hesitant because I have a blood platelet disorder and they never want to give a platelet transfusion. It is definitely slowing me down tho.
Yes, sometimes things happen that are out of our control and you just have to take a break and hopefully when you come back it'll be more in tune, so to speak. The universe has a funny way of working things out like that.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hey Hex,
wishing you a fantastic outcome on your surgery, let us know how your doing, K?
Speedy recovery,
BB, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson

Return to “The Creative Corner”