My Choreography

Member's writings, poetry, ramblings, etc.
GroundedDancer

My Choreography

Post by GroundedDancer »

So, I don't know if I am allowed to post my choreography here but since it was titled "The Creative Corner" I thought it would fit in since my dance is technically an artistic pursuit. If this is not the place for it, I welcome the admins to move it or delete it as needed.

My friend recorded the performance while I was backstage eagle-eye-ing my dancers during the piece lol I would explain what the piece is about, but I'd prefer if you guys watch it and then let me know what you think it is about. c: People tend to see choreography differently, and it is fun to hear other people's interpretations.

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Choreography

Post by Firebird »

Wow, that was pretty cool.
Is this a dance school? Or are you guys freelance.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Brava !!!
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Challenge.
The Dance Of Realization.
Wrestling With Aspects Of Self.
Dark Night Of Soul.
Awakening.
Alignment With Self.
Control Of One's Destiny.
Chaos, Resistance, Fusion, Harmony.
Terms.

Well done, Grounded Dancer!
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing! I love it. Can I join? ;) I'm not a very good dancer anymore, but I could play tree on the background ;)
GroundedDancer

Post by GroundedDancer »

firebirdflys wrote:Wow, that was pretty cool.
Is this a dance school? Or are you guys freelance.
Bb, Firebird

It's actually for the dance minor program at my university. This year two students were selected to create choreography through auditioning their movement ideas. Happily enough, I was chosen even though I'm no longer a dance minor (I am a graduate student aha).

It certainly opens up new challenges when you choreograph with more than one person as part of your dance!
GroundedDancer

Post by GroundedDancer »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:Challenge.
Dark Night Of Soul.
Awakening.
Alignment With Self.
Terms.

Aww, thank you!

I think you got really close with 'Alignment With Self' and 'Wrestling with Aspects of Self'. It was my interpretation of anxiety and what it feels like. I have a lot of anxiety myself, so I wanted to translate that into movement, and this was the result.
GroundedDancer

Post by GroundedDancer »

YanaKhan wrote:This is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing! I love it. Can I join? ;) I'm not a very good dancer anymore, but I could play tree on the background ;)
Thank you so much for watching and giving your opinion! :D Anyone can be a great dancer, I wholly believe in that.
You know, there is a very famous modern dancer/choreographer named Paul Taylor who started his dance career much later than most. He started in college and dropped his athletic career in order to pursue an art form he had never done before. One of his earliest pieces of choreography was simply himself sitting in a chair for three minutes, and he is considered one of the best dancers of the modern world!

So if he can turn sitting into dance, I think everyone already has one up on being a great dancer! :D
nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

it was beautiful

brought tears of joy to my eyes

you did great *tosses you a rose*
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

GroundedDancer wrote:
Shawn Blackwolf wrote:Challenge.
Dark Night Of Soul.
Awakening.
Alignment With Self.
Terms.

Aww, thank you!

I think you got really close with 'Alignment With Self' and 'Wrestling with Aspects of Self'. It was my interpretation of anxiety and what it feels like. I have a lot of anxiety myself, so I wanted to translate that into movement, and this was the result.
I did feel the tension and anxiety.

Tensegrity of movement is a most amazing thing.

I never took dance in school , nor was I formally trained, but I danced for years,
mostly by myself, at concerts, night clubs, raves; At 58 years old, I danced 8 hrs
straight at a rave, with youth running up and telling me I was great. Felt good, and
I encouraged them to do the same for years to come.

I used to have bouncers in the bars come up to me to talk, and ask me if I ever took
martial arts. (I did not, but studied them on my own) Dance is a matter of tapping in
to the universal flow, as Gabrielle Roth tried to convey to people with her Wave movements.

I knew Isadora Duncan's granddaughter from my area, and she took after her form of dance.
I watched her dance on her deck in the redwoods, wearing a dress of Isadora's. She was a
Faery spirit, in action.

I also however love Anne Murray, especially choreographing this :

Best to you!

Return to “The Creative Corner”