Egyptian Wicca

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Moon Petal

Egyptian Wicca

Post by Moon Petal »

Since connecting with Isis, I was wondering if it’s an actual type of Wicca. Is it simply incorporating the Eygptian Gods and Goddesses into your practices or is there more to it?
barker

Re: Egyptian Wicca

Post by barker »

I can imagine that if it is, it is about self and honesty... the theory goes that people who are self-honest spiritualised themselves perfectly and thus became the immortal god Ra.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think there's as much to it as you want to put into it. There's no shortage of info on their system of belief & a lot of western occult magical concepts come from the Egyptian. Take a browse at Amazon books to get an idea of the breadth from the descriptions. There are intro level and Wiccan blends there.

The gods have mythology deeply connected to them that relates to their ways & means; adapting their symbolism to one's practice is part of working with them. IMO Plug & Play is rather an insult without making the effort to get to know them. I couldn't tell you whos' who but if I recall there are 8 main Egyptian gods, four male & female pairs that maintain balance. The 4 elements are a little different in that the sky is depicted like an ocean of space. Wind is the force of air. Water is more like moisture or humidity (rain?) & Earth is much the same as wiccans are used to. The creation story(ies) are read as metaphors with a lower layer for the average believer & a higher secret layer for the Priesthood, much like Wicca's outer court and inner courts, so you can dive as deeply into the Egyptian path as you feel drawn to go.

I did a quick look on Amazon & this seemed tailored to your interest, The Circle of Isis, Egyptian Magic for Modern Witches

https://www.amazon.com/Circle-Isis-Anci ... tian+Wicca
Rain Gnosis

Post by Rain Gnosis »

Yep, it's called Tameran Wicca. Google that and you will find some interesting stuff.
barker

Post by barker »

barker wrote:I can imagine that if it is, it is about self and honesty... the theory goes that people who are self-honest spiritualised themselves perfectly and thus became the immortal god Ra.
Oh, and the mastery of non-judgement IS from Egyptian lore, originally.

edit --> re plug-n-play: the wiccan rede is not to banish gods, conversely... egyptology is about judgement, ie they will be banishing yourself. so to each their own, i say. any religion can find anything in egypt so, by all means, call it universal knowledge that i speak to, not just wicca, here.

is about judgement and non-judgement both? yes, that's permanency.
Moon Petal

Post by Moon Petal »

Thanks everyone. I’ve been reading about it online and it’s all very interesting!
barker

Post by barker »

Me too. This morning i discovered: isis + osiris, have both and you are with thoth. have neither and ra it is. The point of Egypt would appear to be that jesus/horus was not blind, just about to be... then it happend.

There are a few interpretations to this story, but ultimately "who knows what," is key. Most say jesus died on a cross, some say he lived a hermit for the rest of His days, others even believe he boarded a ufo. You can look up the parallel horus interpretations if you like - such as he was the light and the way. like you said, this is all very interesting. barker.
Siona

Post by Siona »

I'd be pretty careful about a lot of the Jesus=Horus stuff out there. There's a lot of info that's been made up for whatever reason/agenda one would have to do that. Very little is backed up by primary sources.
barker

Post by barker »

Actually I agree. It would be fair to say that jesus is every myth, and that horus just fits "the fool" archetype the easiest. It could all be called soliloquy when in fact magic is much more.

I'm not that familiar with external gods I just know they are extremely righteous. And a pagan i would indeed be to go off and prove that about myself. I'm not there yet - nor is the religious jesus according to the "unconscious." Hmm.

What i am trying to say: myths are not realities - but then, you knew that. The question is, why do they exist? to say "I", methinks...
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

The Egyptian Pantheon and occult practice originated in prehistoric times as did Witchcraft with the Pagan quest into the Great Mysteries. Wicca has it's origin in 1950's. Interpretation of Witchcraft by Gerald Gardner. There is a difference between Witchcraft and Wicca, the later appealing more to those interested in social gatherings,Covens and Pantheon worship and might be considered a religion. Most Witches are Solitaries, non-religious, practice sorcery/wizardry and are seeking affinity with Spirit by becoming walkers between worlds.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”