Not sure where this going or what it fits

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
LC

Not sure where this going or what it fits

Post by LC »

I’ve been trying to read as much diverse witchcraft material. I’m not sure how I fit but there are some things that just stick with me.

I love tarot. I have found that I connect to different decks and each deck has a personality and works better on certain situations or areas. When I’m reading it’s like I can hear the deck talking to me in my ear.

I don’t believe in hell and the devil as the Christians do. But I do believe negative energy can build up to be malevolent enough to cause trouble or pain. Or people can have so much negative energy from their own actions or inflicted on them that they are stuck on this plane.

There is a song about Kali-Ma by Kellianna. It speaks to me more as Kali as a mother who is protective of what she has created. She is willing to destroy her enemies and protect her children. I have researched her. Most of what I read focuses just on her anger and killings but her protectiveness is what stands up. I have dreamed about me defending her and pointing out her protective mother side.

It’s almost been a year of learning and searching, and I’m still searching. I know and understand it is a growing journey but I had hope to have at least some understanding of my path.
Last edited by YanaKhan on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please remove your Tapatalk signature. Thank you!
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Not sure where this going or what it fits

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hmm. You've posted a comment on being unclear as to your path in a forum area for posting spells and rituals, which is not a crime :) but it does suggest not paying attention to details. Could that be something that is hindering your path discernment? And are you referring to a path within witchcraft specifically or paganism in general? Most religions have a lot of overlap and it's the details that define them.

Tarot cards are a tool anyone with the knack from any walk in life can use. These wouldn't be an indication of a path but of a talent...like piano playing is a talent and a passion.

And even the current Pope has said recently that hell doesn't exist. Let the theologians duke it out. It doesn't concern witchcraft.

In your broad scope of reading what part applies to paganism? What applies to witchcraft? Do you want to make either one a way of life for today? Beliefs can change again and again as we add and take away what we are willing to know. We can entertain many different ideas without having to believe them. What bits make sense to you?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Be patient with your self. The paths are many and as you go more will be revealed. :flyingwitch:
As Spirit mentioned this would be better served in a different forum, I'm moving this to the "types of witchcraft" forum :fairy:
Blessed be, FBF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
LC

Post by LC »

Thank you both!

I am so sorry that this was in the wrong topic. I was on my phone when I was doing this while trying to write a psychology paper. I didn't realize where it went. This may be asked before but: I know witchcraft is path of paganism, and I think druidism and shamanism is too. Does it cover those not under monotheism? When I did like a self-dedication ceremony last September, there was thunder for like 30 seconds, when there was none before or after, and a feeling of rightness and belonging. I will admit for the past 2 months I haven't been able to do anything then work, study, and sleep so I know I'm missing something. Worries like this hit me more when something I'm working towards like academically and career-wise and it falls through.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

From dictionary.com

Paganism:
noun
(no longer in technical use) one of a people or community observing a polytheistic religion, as the ancient Romans and Greeks.
a member of a religious, spiritual, or cultural community based on the worship of nature or the earth; a neopagan. (my note: this includes Wicca and witchcraft.)
Disparaging and Offensive.
(in historical contexts) a person who is not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim; a heathen.

And I know what you mean about thunder during dedication rite. Boom-Kazam! Timing is everything. The synchronicity of the moment is something that leaves an impression of Devine unity on the mind, not to mention scorch marks. :lol: when we as pagans address Nature why should it surprise us when Nature responds?
LC

Post by LC »

There just so much out there and most of it seems to be saying you should do this and give you a feeling that it should be the way you follow. I recently found a book that just expands on everything without going out of control if that makes sense. It shows you some ways or beliefs but encourages you during every topic to experiment and find what feels natural to you. It does focus on not harming others (I don't plan on using spells to harm others) but it's like "this what has been done by others or our coven did this but you should keep trying different things until it is your own. Here are some possible things to try but make sure it's your own." I'm trying to put into words what it makes me feel but I don't know if that came across.

For some reason, I have trouble trying to narrow things down so I don't get overloaded.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

As humans we have some ways in common of perceiving the world around us yet we each have to learn what works for us and in our own environment. And when we experiment we find out what our own personal "base line" is so we will recognize a valid sensory response and know we are in the Zone. It's like trying to describe the color red or what chocolate tastes like. You know red when you see it or chocolate when you taste it. You can recognize your own sensory response when it happens again & again. Then you've made it your own.

Authors can write about how to use red to empower a spell, or how to mix chocolate cake vs chocolate chip cookies for a ritual meal. It's frustrating when we don't know what extra-sensory level we're looking for. What does the magical mind-set feel like to you? How do you know you're in the Zone? Maybe it feels like seeing the color red. How do we know when we've worked up the power to make a change in the fabric of the physical world, i.e., do magic? The Zone might be sensed in a manner of speaking as the "aaahh" feeling we have when we taste chocolate. Of course not everyone likes chocolate, so they can plug in what works for them.

That's how I'd interpret what the authors you referred to were trying to get across.

There are tricks that people have shared over long periods of time that can help most seekers get the sensory input required to make a spell work or that bring on a trance level of focussed consciousness (ie., correspondences).

When we're trying to narrow things down to what will be useful out of all the different choices we might read about, we need to focus on what we want to accomplish. Ask yourself how any example an author gives relates to your goal. Why would such and such an instruction result in the experience you are seeking? What is there about the exercise an author gives that ties it to the desired outcome? Reverse engineer it.
LC

Post by LC »

I'm not sure what I would want to do. I usually try to read as much as I can on everything then decide. Most of the time I worry if I just try something without knowing anything then it won't work.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yea, you just stated the formula for fizzle. Just going thru the motions. Try reading with a purpose. Start asking why and what could YOU use this for? Try to apply what you read to your everyday life. If an author suggests a meditation exercise, is the exercise something you want to do? Try it & find out. How could that exercise help you at work, or with studies or with magic? trying things out let's us get a feel for the experience and if it doesn't work we can check it off the list. If it does work then we can add it to our skills & expand it. Either way we've learned something. We learn a lot by accident too. The occasional face plant in the lawn lets us know our limits for the moment. They change as we grow. If we don't experiment we'll never know what might have worked.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”