Atheism & Witchcraft

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
bodybysatan

Atheism & Witchcraft

Post by bodybysatan »

I am new to wiccan tradition and am researching which types work for my beliefs.
I've been a satanist for two years but disagree with the athiestic aspect of it. I am fascinated with astrology and fate. I am looking and seeking real life magic spawning from belief in it.
I am currently trying to reach out to any gathering or circle in Lakewood, Colorado
Nice to be here!
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Re: Hello!

Post by Raven At Heart »

Isn't Satanism of the Christian pantheon? I don't think is has much to do with being a witch. What made you decide to switch from that study to that of Wicca?
I'm a spiteful, hateful, venomous creature, a pupil with no scruples who's no better then my teacher. Also not actually a raven.
hawkflower

Re: Atheism & Witchcraft

Post by hawkflower »

Raven At Heart wrote:Isn't Satanism of the Christian pantheon? I don't think is has much to do with being a witch. What made you decide to switch from that study to that of Wicca?
I agree, many many people seem to get mixed up that witches are satanists. But, they are two different pantheons I do believe.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

hawkflower wrote:
Raven At Heart wrote:Isn't Satanism of the Christian pantheon? I don't think is has much to do with being a witch. What made you decide to switch from that study to that of Wicca?
I agree, many many people seem to get mixed up that witches are satanists. But, they are two different pantheons I do believe.

While Wicca and Witchcraft can go hand in hand, the two are not one in the same. Wicca is a religion, Witchcraft is a spiritual practice.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

Yes but it's not just the pantheons, by nature Satanism is not witchcraft either. It focuses purely on the destructive forces, not the creative. Witchcraft focuses on ballancing both by using destructive to destroy a negative situation and creative to replace it, and wicca focuses purely on the creative. The core practice of satanism is the negative stem. I am not saying that out of bias, I knew a few satanists before and they were purely focussed on the destructive energies.
I'm a spiteful, hateful, venomous creature, a pupil with no scruples who's no better then my teacher. Also not actually a raven.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Raven At Heart wrote:Yes but it's not just the pantheons, by nature Satanism is not witchcraft either. It focuses purely on the destructive forces, not the creative. Witchcraft focuses on ballancing both by using destructive to destroy a negative situation and creative to replace it, and wicca focuses purely on the creative. The core practice of satanism is the negative stem. I am not saying that out of bias, I knew a few satanists before and they were purely focussed on the destructive energies.
I don't think this is completely accurate, some Satanists do practice a form of witchcraft, and they are not all about destruction.
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

How many satanists have you personally met. I've met quite a few of them. I even explored their path a bit to try and understand it. After all Ravens are curious birds who live in light and darkness and love knowledge. I've studied many paths from many people I have met, to better understand theirs and my own, and the connection between them. My statement was out of experiance.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Several.
And there are nearly as many different facets to Satanism as there is to Wicca....though the Christian Wiccans still turn my head around.
bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

The very nature of satanism is about personal power and supremacy, second only to their patron. It is not achieved by building their life up, but by tearing others down. I'm not saying this isn't neccesary sometimes, or that the path is wrong, just that it is not witchcraft. It is pure male destructive rebellious energy, without creative energy to ballance it out. Similar to how wicca is predominantly creative energy, and the idea of doing harm is three folded, and death 10 folded. Witchcrafr is generally a more middle ground.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Raven At Heart wrote:Yes but it's not just the pantheons, by nature Satanism is not witchcraft either..
I never said it was.
I addressed this because your wording implied that one could not be of the Christian pantheon and a witch at the same time.
Raven At Heart wrote:Isn't Satanism of the Christian pantheon? I don't think is has much to do with being a witch.
Raven At Heart wrote:The very nature of satanism is about personal power and supremacy, second only to their patron. It is not achieved by building their life up, but by tearing others down. I'm not saying this isn't neccesary sometimes, or that the path is wrong, just that it is not witchcraft.
Satanism is not Witchcraft. Wicca is not Witchcraft. But they are both religions that can incorporate Witchcraft into their practices.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Raven At Heart
Banned Member

Post by Raven At Heart »

My responses were not directed at you twilight dancer, they were directed at fire bird flys. I agree with you on what you have said. I apologize for wording it badly. Wicca is a religion as is Christianity and Satanism. my whole think is satanism does not count as witchcraft cuz it discluides to much of the principles of magick Aka the creative energies. Same goes for wicca discluding the destructive aspects. Neither are witch craft, both definitely draw from it.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Actually Wicca does look at distructive forces, as the year wanes we embrace death as the year waxes we embrace life, we follow the cycle of the year.
I wouldn't say witchcraft has principles per-se, it utilizes energy, what ever religion you attach it to.
...and I understand it Satanism is about indulging in all the pleasures of life, what ever they may be. Their focus is not destruction.
But were gonna have to nip this conversation, if you want to talk about Satinists I'm sure there are boards for that.
thanks...
bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Raven At Heart wrote:Isn't Satanism of the Christian pantheon? I don't think is has much to do with being a witch.
Really?
book cover.jpg
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

bodybysatan wrote:I am new to wiccan tradition and am researching which types work for my beliefs.
I've been a satanist for two years but disagree with the athiestic aspect of it. I am fascinated with astrology and fate. I am looking and seeking real life magic spawning from belief in it.
I am currently trying to reach out to any gathering or circle in Lakewood, Colorado
Nice to be here!
The only one that I know of that might meet your needs is Mile Hi Church at Alameda and Garrison. According to their website, they're very open to various spiritual paths.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
idlestormz

Post by idlestormz »

Raven At Heart wrote:The very nature of satanism is about personal power and supremacy, second only to their patron. It is not achieved by building their life up, but by tearing others down. I'm not saying this isn't neccesary sometimes, or that the path is wrong, just that it is not witchcraft. It is pure male destructive rebellious energy, without creative energy to ballance it out. Similar to how wicca is predominantly creative energy, and the idea of doing harm is three folded, and death 10 folded. Witchcrafr is generally a more middle ground.
What do you mean by pure male destructive rebellious energy?

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”