Far Right Paganism

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Yex

Far Right Paganism

Post by Yex »

I thought I'd share this article about confronting far right/fascist tendencies within Paganism/Witchcraft/the Occult.

http://godsandradicals.org/others/confr ... new-right/
love is the whole and more than all
Myrth

Re: Far Right Paganism

Post by Myrth »

Thank you for sharing this article and information. I have encountered some rascists, misogynists, and those who seemed, quite possibly, fascist amongst neopagans. People like that are a major reason why I am a solitary.

Nazis were rightwing neopagans. This is an important warning so that neopagans know what to be aware of.
Myrth
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

I am glad they included Dianic Wicca on here, because Z.Budapest is very sexist and transphobic.

Heathenism has a new right problem, it is mostly American heathens from what I am told.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Becks

Post by Becks »

Interesting read Yex. Yikes. I had no idea.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Thanks Yex.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
jaybirdblue

Post by jaybirdblue »

Thank you so much for sharing this. I had heard a lot about these kinds of circles but have never seen an article that wraps it up as well as this does!
Appius Grey

Post by Appius Grey »

I find two things about that webpage "interesting":

1. The author(s) warn readers against far right Paganism yet G & R is the opposite of far right, viz., far left. At least one of their founders publicly identifies as a Marxist.

2. There was no mention of Afrocentric Kemeticism or Egyptian Neopaganism on that webpage.
Continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours.—Beethoven
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Appius Grey wrote:I find two things about that webpage "interesting":

1. The author(s) warn readers against far right Paganism yet G & R is the opposite of far right, viz., far left. At least one of their founders publicly identifies as a Marxist.

2. There was no mention of Afrocentric Kemeticism or Egyptian Neopaganism on that webpage.
It invaded Kemeticism too?! It is also a big thing in some more academic Mesoamerican circles.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
theluchanaitor

Post by theluchanaitor »

Thanks Yex.
Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn »

I really enjoyed this article. Thank you for posting it, Yex.
Yex

Post by Yex »

Appius Grey wrote:The author(s) warn readers against far right Paganism yet G & R is the opposite of far right, viz., far left. At least one of their founders publicly identifies as a Marxist.
I think there's a big difference between an ideology (fascism) that promotes inequality and openly embraces the idea of the subjugation of some people by others; and an ideology (Marxism/Anarchism) that promotes radical equality and whose primary goal is a society in which all people's needs are met.
Appius Grey

Post by Appius Grey »

Yex wrote:I think there's a big difference between an ideology (fascism) that promotes inequality and openly embraces the idea of the subjugation of some people by others; and an ideology (Marxism/Anarchism) that promotes radical equality and whose primary goal is a society in which all people's needs are met.
What I had attempted to convey is that radical leftists and radical rightists are not the best sources when it comes to informing audiences about each other. The reason is that they are sworn political enemies.

I have an honest question for you. Who maintains and enforces this radical equality in your ideal society?

Looking forward to your reply!
Continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours.—Beethoven
Yex

Post by Yex »

Appius Grey wrote: I have an honest question for you. Who maintains and enforces this radical equality in your ideal society?
I advocate the ownership of the means of production by the whole of humanity, a society in which there is no class. In such a society, there would be no need to "enforce" equality, because the fruits of human labor would already be owned by everyone. Society would be structured on a model of "from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs". In a scenario where the accumulation of wealth is impossible (because capital is dead) and the accumulation of power is impossible (because the state is dead), there's no need force people to do anything.

As for who maintains it, the workers maintain their own workplace. I imagine there would be some sort of successor to a conventional "state" in the form of a group of professionals trained in making sure goods go to where they're supposed to go, but most of that could probably be taken care of with computers.
Becks

Post by Becks »

Yex wrote:
Appius Grey wrote:The author(s) warn readers against far right Paganism yet G & R is the opposite of far right, viz., far left. At least one of their founders publicly identifies as a Marxist.
I think there's a big difference between an ideology (fascism) that promotes inequality and openly embraces the idea of the subjugation of some people by others; and an ideology (Marxism/Anarchism) that promotes radical equality and whose primary goal is a society in which all people's needs are met.
Absolutely.
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

Appius Grey wrote:
I have an honest question for you. Who maintains and enforces this radical equality in your ideal society?
This question is predicated on a falsehood that someone will have to "enforce" anything. Just to ask the question, you must assume that the Proletariat cannot control itself. That is the concept of 2000 year old elitism and bigotry, and a self fulfilling prophecy, because when you subjugate people, you create and inspire resentment in them and resentment manifests easily in spiteful ways meant to harm the oppressors.

Even right now, in this modern world, there are tribes, around the world in what are considered "uncivilized" places, where there are no "workers" and no "Leaders" and no "politicians" and no "bosses".
These tribes get along fine having a council of elders to help with tough decisions, tribunals to deal with personal offences and discussions about situations that affect the whole tribe by talking about it with the whole tribe.

Even now, with all of the experience we have with organizing people and government around the world, people still consider their neighborhood to be more important than their City, their County, and their overall state.

We make the statement that "All politics are Local politics" not because it is funny, but because it is true.

In my opinion people who are concerned with who "Rules them all"... have some ambition or fantasy in mind where THEY THEM SELF, rule them all and they don't want to let that fantasy go by considering a truly egalitarian, system of equality.

Using the terms left and right in political terms should stand out as just one more layer of control that has already been placed on you and worked systematically since before you were even born to convince you that your options are so limited as to only be able to choose as you would your 2 hands. Left or Right. Which ideas do you then choose when you dream, or imagine? Left dreams or Right dreams? Left ideas or Right ideas?

If you have a bowl of soup and you are hungry, which is the better part of the soup? The left soup, or the right soup?

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”