Far Right Paganism

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Oakheart

Far Right Paganism

Post by Oakheart »

I didn't realize this was a thing until I encountered a Heathen group (I cannot remember its name) that had a prerequisite for membership that people could not be gay due to its "unnaturalness." It rubbed me the wrong way, as a person who fully supports LGBT rights.
Student of Rosicrucianism, Neoplatonism & Hermetic Kabbalah.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Re: Far Right Paganism

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Sorry to bring this topic back up. I did a post on reclaiming heathenism and to an extent paganism from the far right, here.

I am grateful for this topic. While I have not really participated in discussing it on this topic, if Yex had never made it, I don't think I would have known about Gods and Radicals. [the link provided in the OP]
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Sollomyn

Post by Sollomyn »

Yex wrote:I thought I'd share this article about confronting far right/fascist tendencies within Paganism/Witchcraft/the Occult.

http://godsandradicals.org/others/confr ... new-right/
As a Right-Winger and Capitalist myself, my opinion of the article is rather neutral; I'm not sure what the New Right is, but they seem to have a lot of my same views, except for of course (according to the author of the article anyway) being racist, homophobic or transphobic. Personally I'm a gender-fluid bisexual, and I really don't care about what people look like. I usually don't care where they come from either, unless it's Syria, Saudi Aradia, Iran, North Korea, or the Crimean Peninsula.

I don't hate people from those countries, mind you; I'm just severely cautious and distrusting of them, because their cultural belief structure usually entails killing me for having a boyfriend or stoning my mother for singing in public. Seriously, those people's society's are some of craziest, scariest places you can possibly imagine, and by and large, they're perfectly fine with it; it's NORMAL for them to throw gays off of rooftops or lock people up for speaking their mind. Why on Earth would anyone want to invite them over??? It just boggles my mind lol; people really need to learn more about a place before defending them because their political leaders told them to lol.

Kinda cracks me up though when the radical right wingers (I'm not a radical by the way) talk about bombing the middle east back to the stone age.....haha.....I don't know if they've noticed yet, but anyone with Google Earth can go and take a look: They're already in the stone age. Also, not only are a good majority of them willing to die just to establish their dream-land global Caliphate thingy-ma-bobber, but they are HAPPY to die for it; there is little to nothing you can do to beat that kind of evil in my opinion. My personal viewpoint is that we should just stop all the wars we have going on with them, and then leave them all the hell alone and mind our own business. Sadly that probably won't happen though because in this day and age war has become more profitable than detrimental to our society. Capitalism isn't to blame, mind you; GREED is to blame; the two terms are, contrary to popular belief, NOT synonomous with one another.

I kinda chuckled towards the end of the article though when they said to beware of organisations trying to promote an "Us VS Them" dichotomy...seems just a little bit hypocritical of them perhaps?
Florenna

Post by Florenna »

Myrth wrote:Nazis were rightwing neopagans. This is an important warning so that neopagans know what to be aware of.
That's quite a claim, do you have anything to support it? What particular pagan path would they assumedly have followed?
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

This thread was like a rollercoaster.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Being a Solitary Witch devoid of human and Coven agenda one only communes with Divinities in the realm of Spirit.
Essentially this be the design of mysticism gleaning wisdom directly from Akasha without any human intermediary. A Solitary wields more power then does a Coven or gathering because in human nature seldom if ever are all on the same page and it only takes one discordant individual to attenuate the power. (So much for the myth of group power in action)
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I was never fond of the human intermediary aspect if the Catholic Church. As far as Solitary being more powerful than a Coven or gathering, I think that would be on a case by case basis. I have been in situations where the gathering became more gestalt than gathering.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Yellow diamond light

Post by Yellow diamond light »

The Bible teaches nothing but lies and pure evil in my opinion. There are parts that tell women to drink poison if they get pregnant if they are not married, condemning gays, bi, trans to hell where everyone who doesn't worship jesus is sent, and the only aspects of truth are those that were stolen from pagan ways.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”