Faeries?

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
FaithFinder

Faeries?

Post by FaithFinder »

A few anonymous folks in my town have decided to do a little "scavenger hunt" and they have placed very small doors all over the place. I have decided to take part, and looking for these doors is fun and it's a nice little "community" activity. Well, the doors remind me of houses I've seen people do for faeries(some of the doors are on trees and stumps) and so I feel inspired to learn more about these creatures! I was wondering if anyone could link me to some good information? It's hard for me to find anything on the fae/fey folk. Articles, books, videos, websites, personal experiences...anything helps :)

P.S. is there a correct spelling? I've seen faery/faeries, fairy/fairies, fae/fey, etc. And I've been interested in faeries for a while now, but I gave up pretty quickly a few months ago because I couldn't find much. But now, I'm FAR more determined to learn.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Faeries?

Post by SnowCat »

I would try leaving some offerings like milk, bread, and honey, and introduce yourself. Depending on your comfort level of appearing to talk to yourself, you might not want an audience. Or you could pretend to be on a headset and talking on the phone.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Clairsentient_Wolf

Post by Clairsentient_Wolf »

You could also try a summoning ritual or spell, depending on how confident you feel about either one. Only thing I can offer, worse wise, is be very careful how you perform the spell/ritual. You may summon something else instead and that can make you feel bad...take it from the horse's mouth.
Strong men run into battle and destroy their foes;
Wise men wait for their foes to destroy themselves.
FlyingPeregrine

Post by FlyingPeregrine »

Leave out mead or anything else sweet- they also loved baked goods.

As for information- check anything Celtic on information for Faeries. Personally, I use Ann Moura's books for information on faeries.

I've also tried to astral project and speak with faeries that way. I can feel their energy around me, so maybe try starting by seeing if you can feel them. I feel specific colors with the energies around, but don't ever see them except on a rare occasion.
vivianne_lefay

Post by vivianne_lefay »

The best you can do for a Faerie is to have trees and other plants that they prefer to be around... oak trees, sunflowers, etc.

You can find more info here: http://www.gardenfairy.com/fairygarden/attract.htm

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”