Your path and pantheon

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Your path and pantheon

Post by AdastraJunction »

Since there are a lot of new members here and new individuals starting out in the pagan/or like belief systems I thought it would be nice if some of us established in our paths, posted a little about them so that others can see the what, the why and all of that.

What is and How do you describe your practice/beliefs/lifestyle?

What is your pantheon and why?

Just the main questions to answer so that perhaps some of our member searching for their path can ask individuals more questions if interested in that persons path. It is a good way to get to know each other as well as teach others who are interested in a relaxed way. Feel free to elaborate.
manyeo

Re: Your path and pantheon

Post by manyeo »

I'm a korean sorceress (mudang/manshin) in my culture's indigenous religion. I worship, give offerings and pray to the 신. I do private, small scale 굿 for them, myself and my community.

I'm also a Shemsu with Kemetic Orthodoxy.

I believe the spirits and gods help us, but I also believe everyone has an "inner power" to do magic. I do korean folk magic, heka and general witchcraft to get things done.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

That's interesting. I follow an eclectic path, with elements of shamanism. My deities are eclectic as well, although that's more by their choice than mine.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Aesiryth

Post by Aesiryth »

I follow an eclectic path as many others do on here. I believe in the God and Goddess along with deity, but don't really follow a pantheon. I've tried some research on different pantheons, but nothing has really grabbed my attention so far.

I'm pretty new to Wicca and you could probably consider me a newbie at Wicca compared to most of you as I have only been practicing for almost a year, but not even a year yet. I come from a line of eclectic Wiccans including my great grandmother who practiced witchcraft, but also believed in some Christian ideas.

I use some elements of Gardnerian Wicca and I've taken itty bitty tiny pieces of Faery Wicca, but that's a little hard since Faery Wicca can lean more towards the eclectic side sometimes.

-Aesiryth
"At the center of your being you have the answer;
You know who you are and what you want."

-Lao Tzu
Thistle

Post by Thistle »

My path is basically eclectic, and solitary. I work within the Greek Pantheon. It's not the one I was aiming for, but everything kept leading me back to it, so I've gone with it. Aphrodite is the main one I'm focused on. I was on a bit of a break from my path, and now I'm just working on going with the flow. Where I'm led, I shall go. I like to keep things simple and basic. I'm very much about find some peace and balance in my life.
azriel

Post by azriel »

My path is also eclectic and I am currently training to be a Shamanic healer. As of right now I do not believe that we are being taught a specific denomination of Shamanism, but I have been reading various books to broaden my view.

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
Siona

Post by Siona »

I'm a hedgewitch with strong Hellenic (Greek) leanings. Basically as a hedgewitch my practice focuses a lot on working with spirits, soul-flight/otherworld journeying, with a strong emphasis on the local land - knowing the local plants, animals, spirits, nature cycles, that sort of thing. Ancestors, house spirits, and land spirits all play an important role. However, I also draw a lot of inspiration and parts of my practice from the ancient Greek religion.

I've worshiped Artemis for several years now (before that I focused on the Egyptian pantheon solely), and in the past few years decided that a more eclectic approach wasn't working for me, and so instead I started to focus on the Greek pantheon more as a whole - but particularly Hestia, Hekate, Demeter, and Aphrodite in addition to Artemis. I also started to incorporate Greek religious practices, holidays, and so on. It's become a big part of my path, and compliments my practice very well.
Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn »

I've been a member of the Bards, Ovates, and Druids since 2007 but I divulged from my path for several years. I've since returned and find the druidic teachings to compliment my learning. The only solid word I can describe myself as, at this point, is "pagan"- as I've return to my path and explored my spirituality, I've been drawn to the norse pantheon, and currently I work with Freyja. I'm new to witchcraft, but I've been studious in my learning and I'm very excited to continue with that. I don't feel comfortable calling myself a witch yet because I am so new. I'm also new to Wicca, and I don't call myself a Wiccan. I'm just learning about it and doing a year and a day study - I think it feels comfortable because a lot of the concepts are familiar from druidry. I've looked into Heathenry a little bit, but I don't know a lot about it (unfortunately, the group in my city is extremely racist). I might explore that a bit concurrently with my study of Wicca as I haven't committed to a path at this time.

I've also been working with tarot for over ten years, and I'm interested in getting into other forms of divination (particularly runes). :)

((This again, is one of those threads I think will be fun for us to read back a year or two from now to see how we've progressed, changed, or stayed the same!!))
derek-of-spades

Post by derek-of-spades »

I started off on the wiccan path. My patron god and goddesses were Anubis, Athena and Artemis. Eventually I was drawn towards angels and I do a lot of prayer type magic to do with angels. I also have a lot of dealings with spirits/ghosts, not by choice though, they seem to just find me lol. I sometimes have prophetic dreams and have communed with people that have died in my family and passed on messages for them. I'm not good at circle casting or invoking the elements, I seem to just do magical workings when it feels right.
I like earth centered magics, I feel very connected to the idea of 'mother nature'.
Now I call myself a witch, my beliefs are super eclectic but I still feel like that best suits my path.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

I do not subscribe to a set pantheon. I used to with the Aztec gods but it proved fruitless. I do not belong with one pantheon. I have many workings to do, so I cannot stay with one pantheon. Lately been focusing on Greco-Roman and Egyptian pantheon.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Shekinah

I am a Solitary Witch

Post by Shekinah »

I consider myself very fortunate to have been born with a treasury of genetic memories because at the age of ten (1951) I developed an insatiable thirst for the Great Mysteries. Following study in many occult mystery schools and secretive fraternities I inducted myself into Witchcraft. Throughout the course of my professional life I employed principles of Witchcraft in service to the Intelligence Community and in the interest of my Country. As an operative and consultant in our psychic warrior program I introduced elements of Witchcraft in our operational protocol for remote viewing, remote influencing and bi-location. My magickal name is Shekinah and the Goddess Shekinah is my Spiritual Guide and is the Divinity that I work with.

Witchcraft is the essence of my life. We become "walkers between worlds" with one foot on earth and the other in the heavens. We open a portal between dimensions and establish our presence in the realm of Spirit. We touch the mind of Divinities and cavort with Gods and Goddesses. Within the Divine Fire that empowers our mind lurks potential for fearsome Magick. We remain mindful to "harm none" and that in the economy of physics and natural law nothing is free. We must eventually surrender an unknown compensation for our manipulation of probabilities. We do not employ our power frivolously knowing that we are held to a higher code of ethics and subject to more severe consequences. The treasure of our way of life, knowledge, wisdom and power is priceless and is all that life could ever be about.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SilverWort

Re: I am a Solitary Witch

Post by SilverWort »

Shekinah wrote:I consider myself very fortunate to have been born with a treasury of genetic memories because at the age of ten (1951) I developed an insatiable thirst for the Great Mysteries. Following study in many occult mystery schools and secretive fraternities I inducted myself into Witchcraft. Throughout the course of my professional life I employed principles of Witchcraft in service to the Intelligence Community and in the interest of my Country. As an operative and consultant in our psychic warrior program I introduced elements of Witchcraft in our operational protocol for remote viewing, remote influencing and bi-location. My magickal name is Shekinah and the Goddess Shekinah is my Spiritual Guide and is the Divinity that I work with.

Witchcraft is the essence of my life. We become "walkers between worlds" with one foot on earth and the other in the heavens. We open a portal between dimensions and establish our presence in the realm of Spirit. We touch the mind of Divinities and cavort with Gods and Goddesses. Within the Divine Fire that empowers our mind lurks potential for fearsome Magick. We remain mindful to "harm none" and that in the economy of physics and natural law nothing is free. We must eventually surrender an unknown compensation for our manipulation of probabilities. We do not employ our power frivolously knowing that we are held to a higher code of ethics and subject to more severe consequences. The treasure of our way of life, knowledge, wisdom and power is priceless and is all that life could ever be about.
Shekinah is a Goddess? I was thinking it's the dwelling of the divine presence of the Jewish God.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

I am an eclectic mostly solitary green witch. I don't have a pantheon. I am a panentheist, meaning that the divine is in everything and everything is in the divine, but the divine is also more than the universe.
Myrth
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

SilverWort wrote:
Shekinah wrote:I consider myself very fortunate to have been born with a treasury of genetic memories because at the age of ten (1951) I developed an insatiable thirst for the Great Mysteries. Following study in many occult mystery schools and secretive fraternities I inducted myself into Witchcraft. Throughout the course of my professional life I employed principles of Witchcraft in service to the Intelligence Community and in the interest of my Country. As an operative and consultant in our psychic warrior program I introduced elements of Witchcraft in our operational protocol for remote viewing, remote influencing and bi-location. My magickal name is Shekinah and the Goddess Shekinah is my Spiritual Guide and is the Divinity that I work with.

Shekinah is a Goddess? I was thinking it's the dwelling of the divine presence of the Jewish God.
It is a feminine presence of God. It has connections to Ellat/Asherah, the consort, maybe female half of God, though.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SilverWort

Post by SilverWort »

Lady_Lilith wrote: It is a feminine presence of God. It has connections to Ellat/Asherah, the consort, maybe female half of God, though.
Thanks, I'm just starting to understand Kabbalah, Jewish God have lot of aspects, is hard for non Jewish people, looks like Binah to me.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”