Dianic Witchcraft

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Elfinstone

Re: Dianic Witchcraft

Post by Elfinstone »

firebirdflys wrote:
freyja13 wrote:Author: Leland, Charles Godfrey.
Intro by Mathiasan, Robert
Title: "Aradia or Gospel of the Witches"
Publisher: The Witches Almanac
Date of Publication: Oct. 1, 2010
The original publish date is 1899, though I do not know the original publisher.

Dianic groups also have many versions of their worship...some do not incude men, even if they have been altered to embrace their true idenity, they are all about women, born women. Then there are others who are fully accepting of men, women in these groups are married to men, or men can attend. It just really depends on the group. One thing that is consistent, their focus is The Goddess, and not the God.
Bb, Firebird
Interesting, I have found that all sites & associations I have wandered into summarily reject entry into their world by males. Perhaps you could shed some light on those that are open to all?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

The people I have talked to about it may not be online. Here's one though http://www.nemorensis.com.br/english/
I know some of the extreme Dianic (for lack of a better word) groups are meeting with a kind of rejection by not letting men who have transgendered into even their public ceremonies. A sort of reverse discrimination. Although I can really see both sides of the issue. It's like a club, or a race...you all have something in common and wish to embrace that. We have award ceremonies now for every race and gender you can think of, goodness forbid if anyone tried to present their all white group, ...well I guess they are out there too but a bit extreem.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Elfinstone

Post by Elfinstone »

Well, thank you firebirdflys, for your efforts and link. I shall continue to commune with the Dianic thread extant in the universe and through La Bello Pelagrino alone and accompanied by that which called to me all those years ago. If something more amenable should manifest itself in the interim then I would welcome it.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”