How Do I Connect with the Fae?

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Purewitch22

How Do I Connect with the Fae?

Post by Purewitch22 »

I'm Irish and I've always been interested about the Fae. How do I know if they are around, how to I get one to come to me, and do you have to be worthy?

I just want all the information I can get on them.

Thanks! :)
Blessed Be!
If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were
supposed to be bringing." — Julie Cuccia Watts

“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” —
Margaret Drabble

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, /
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” — William
Shakespeare
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all
the difference." — Robert Frost
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How Do I Connect with the Fae?

Post by Firebird »

Hi Purewitch, long time no see! good to have you back.

The Fae will show themselves when they think you are ready. Usually, I believe they will stay out of sight but will entice you by leading you down a path you might not otherwise take. Be care full that they don't lead you into a place you can't get out of, as they are very mischievous in that way. They don't like metal, or bells, so by having an Athame on your person, they will likely stay away.

The light and movement one sees from the corner of your eye may be the Fae. It is not in their best interest to be seen. You can appease them by leaving food, drink and floral offerings, as well as build them houses out of natural materials that are found in the location you are currently in. If one turns their clothing inside out,... it is said this makes you invisible to them, and perhaps you could find one if they can't see you.

I have only had one solid encounter with the Fae,(in the 20 whatever years I've been on this path) and they tried to suck me into their hole...it really freaked me out, I thought to my self "I'm not ready for this...and took one step backward, and the sensation stopped. That was about 15 years ago, ...now I wish I would have gone for it :(

Good luck on your journey!
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Purewitch22

Post by Purewitch22 »

Thanks! Its good to be back!!

Would you mind messaging me specifics? I live in a strict catholic household, but we're Irish so they'd accept the building of a house.
Do I build it on the ground? Up high? What do I do to make it?

Thanks for the help!
Blessed Be!
If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were
supposed to be bringing." — Julie Cuccia Watts

“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” —
Margaret Drabble

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, /
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” — William
Shakespeare
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all
the difference." — Robert Frost
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

The possibilities are endless. Google "fairy garden" or "fairy house" and tons of ideas will pop up. Also check out Pinterest, Etsy, etc. Let your delight inspire and lead you. The Fae are all about freedom and creativity.

raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Well..it is the season of Beltane! It's a great time to start working with the fae!! :D Good luck!
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Lainara

Post by Lainara »

Anything I've read about the fae was that they're extremely mischievous and maybe perhaps dangerous, however I am as curious as a cat, so I'd say as long as you work on protection, go for it!
North Star

Post by North Star »

My daughters just made their own fairy gardens last week. They painted a mini birdhouse for each of their pots. Came out so cute.

I know they like shiny things and sweet gifts, and if you feel they are being a troublesome you can hang an iron pot (anything made of iron I guess) in your home. They dont like iron, some say it effects their magick so they get mad and leave you alone.

I just adore them, but hear they can be mischeivous...
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

I've also been curious about the Fae. I'm not sure I've ever had an encounter with them, but I'd love to just for the experience, if nothing else! I love fairy lore and I've been reading a little on the subject. Does anyone had any particular sites or books they would recommend?
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Empathlookingtohelp

Post by Empathlookingtohelp »

Purewitch22 wrote:I'm Irish and I've always been interested about the Fae. How do I know if they are around, how to I get one to come to me, and do you have to be worthy?

I just want all the information I can get on them.

Thanks! :)

I actually am a reincarnated fairy so if I could be of any help please let me know!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

@Empath...yes, there is something I have often wondered about, and it's: How should a mundane person behave with the Fae? Why would the Fae want to work with the rest of us?
Empathlookingtohelp

SpiritTalker wrote:@Empath...yes, there is something I have often wondered about, and it's: How should a mundane person behave with the Fae? Why would the Fae want to work with the rest of us?
Well I don't know about all fae but for me personally I'd do it to help but it could be for their own personal gain, or to harm you or someone around you too. It's just like people in our world you never really know what you're going to get there's a lot of mixed feelings about us fairies. I've lead a pretty spiritually crazy life so far and I have no clue if that's because I'm a fairy or what.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

High strangeness is the norm on this crooked path.
Empathlookingtohelp

SpiritTalker wrote:High strangeness is the norm on this crooked path.
Well now I know lol
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I was pixie-led not long ago, and it was really quite an interesting experience. And I had a good laugh along with them and with the gal who I suspect set it up.

I also have a truce with the little man covered with long hair who lives in the basement. I think he has helped from time to time. I just don't want to offend him. So far we circle each other at a distance.
Empathlookingtohelp

SpiritTalker wrote:I was pixie-led not long ago, and it was really quite an interesting experience. And I had a good laugh along with them and with the gal who I suspect set it up.

I also have a truce with the little man covered with long hair who lives in the basement. I think he has helped from time to time. I just don't want to offend him. So far we circle each other at a distance.
Yeah with the fae or anything like that offending us seems to be a big deal. I would just say be true to your feelings and know who you are when you're around them. Be yourself and apologize if you ever come off rude but don't kiss our asses either they might look down on you for that.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”