Sangomancy (Vampyrecraft or "Blood Magick")

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
DreadXCrow

Sangomancy (Vampyrecraft or "Blood Magick")

Post by DreadXCrow »

Although this is mostly intended for sanguine vampyres I would like to provide some information on what exactly this is and it is only recommended to people who have been working with magick for at least three years sangomamcy includes spells and divination the spells are mostly to help a sanguinarian to feed or to avoid feeding this type of magick either utilizes the casters blood, a donors blood, or even animal blood. But not only are there spells but there are divination techniques, consecration by blood and alot of other magickal practices this is not evil as none of the blood is taken unwillingly (except maybe the animal...but such is life.)
DreadXCrow

Re: Sangomancy (Vampyrecraft or "Blood Magick")

Post by DreadXCrow »

Sorry for not going in depth with the spells and stuff but I haven't found a reliable source for spells or divination techniques and i haven't created a divination technique of my own yet..
melinda

Post by melinda »

I'd be especially interested in Divination when you do get around to it.
I know a few spells that use the caster's blood, but I'm pretty sure they don't enter that category, so if you get a few things, I'm really interested.

This aside, are you a sanguinarian? Is that a type of vampire, or...
DreadXCrow

Post by DreadXCrow »

I actually am..and I figured since alot of vampyres are pagan it'd be helpful to post this here but as soon as i find a reliable source I will post stuff on here. and yes a sanguinarian is a type of vampyre the type that feed on blood to get the energy they lack.
melinda

Post by melinda »

DreadXCrow

Post by DreadXCrow »

Not a problem and I'd say I'm going to try something like scrying with this method instead of water..
melinda

Post by melinda »

can you scry for something general with someone's blood though? Wouldn't it point to where the person was?
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

melinda wrote:can you scry for something general with someone's blood though? Wouldn't it point to where the person was?
Using someones blood to scry has led to confusing results for me, and i avoid it. I fine its immensely impersonal as divination is normally a controlled way of getting answers, and i feel using blood can bypass this universal control somehow. I have used friends blood with their permission, and even then what I see is dark. Don't get me wrong, I use blood a lot in my magick. But scrying...I don't know personally it always feel like I'm doing something bad. I'd be really interested to hear others experiences/opinions on this. I want to know if I feel this way through my own personal programming towards it, or whether others have had the same thing.

Remember, I only say what I say above from personal experience and opinion, I have only used others blood to scry a couple of times and am in no way saying that it is right/wrong, good/bad or effective/ineffective.

FL
Does anyone know where I can score some chronic mugwort?

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”