Help Needed in Finding my Path.

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Little Moon

Help Needed in Finding my Path.

Post by Little Moon »

Hello and Merry Meet,

I am so confused on what path to take.... I cant even research to find the right path for me, Since I am under age and living with my parents who know nothing about what I am. Can someone help me find my path?.... I think I may be Wiccan but im not sure... Im just a very confused Empath.

I would be very thankful for any help you can give.

Merry Part and Blessed Be,
Whirling Thoughts
wiccanpisces

Re: Help Needed in Finding my Path.

Post by wiccanpisces »

Just take your time and try not to stress out over it :)
You'll find the right path sooner or later; just research when you can and try not to limit your possibilities.. In the end, it's a personal choice and your going to have to be the one to make it :)
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Maybe if you list the things you believe in we can be of more help.
Do you believe in a deity? If so what kind of deity? Do you believe in Magick? Do you practice magick? Do you believe in reincarnation? etc etc

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Little Moon

Post by Little Moon »

Do you believe in a deity? umm you mean Gods and Goddesses?
If so what kind of deity? refure to question 1
Do you believe in Magick? Yes
Do you practice magick? Yes
Do you believe in reincarnation? to an extent.

Thank you for you help.

Blessed Be,
Whirling Thoughts
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Being an empath alone is a plateful. I agree with the above post- take yur time, don't stress yorself about it. You will find your path as the time becomes right. Meanwhile read and study what interests you.
Blesssings to you~~~
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Yes I do mean gods and goddesses. The belief in a certain pantheon can be specific to a certain faith. The pagan faith includes every faith that does not adhere to the rules of the abrahamic religions, no singular deity, no central book of wisdom etc. Depending on the details of your personal beliefs they can be for any one of the pagan faiths, if however you do not believe in a pantheon at all yet still practice magick you would just be a witch and not a pagan.

Hope this helps
Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Little Moon

Post by Little Moon »

Well i believe in Gods and Goddesses, so would that make me pagan? But i try to follow the Wiccan Rede?

Thank you for you help
Blessed Be,
Whirling Thoughts
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

If you follow the wiccan traditions of celebrating the esbats and sabbats and recognise the goddess and god than you are in fact a wiccan. Within Wicca there are several other traditions depending on the pantheon or tradition set you follow.

Some of these traditions include but are not limited to: Dianic, Garnarian, Alexandrian, Celtic wicca, Eclectic, Seax etc. etc.

Bless
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

Sometimes it is best to remain with what is most familiar and work your way from there as you learn.

Good resource for any research might be at sacred-texts.com. It may take a while. I left the religion my parents chose for me back in 1993 but even then it was a slow moving away that began around 1987. I tried a few paths, researching them, went agnostic for a while, then returned, then agnostic, you get my drift. There was a lot of "reverse engineering" in my quest which I had been doing albeit unconsciously.

Starting in summer 2010, I think I finally found myself a niche that I feel best works for me but it is taking practice as with anything.

Hope it does not take you that long, of course. I did not have internet during a major part of my transition, first off, and even when internet finally did come into my life, I did not have any of the quality resources that are out there (such as Sacred-Texts).
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
Peaceful Soul

Post by Peaceful Soul »

Whirling Thoughts

I know exactly what you feel like. I personnaly went through the same thing. I came to be a Wiccan. This was the only path of the many I researched that felt like home. All I can say is to keep an open mind, and do not let a single suggestion of faith go by without truly thinking about it. It won't be easy to find yourself, but to do do means a great amount of happiness and self-fulfillment. I hope you may find your path peacefully and swiftly!
lovetheplanets

Post by lovetheplanets »

That's how I was. I have switched religions many times, I never had any faith in them, always doubted them. So you have to look within yourself to truly realize what's right for you. What you believe in. Something you just KNOW is real, that's there and cares and loves and protects you. Who knows? You might take something from every religion and put it into your own. I realized my true faith. I hope you realize what you believe in.

Blessings.
Little Moon

Post by Little Moon »

Thank you all for your help. I am going to try researching these different paths. I really hope i can find my path.

Many thanks and Blessed Be,
Whirling Thoughts

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”