Irish Celtic Gods & Goddesses

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

hi sweetie,

i wanted to thank u for helping me, each day i am here i learn something new, my favorites are danu, and bast. i was always love cats and cats are smart, people think their dumb they aren't, they don't like it when their master wants to do this or that for them.

i have a joke:

dogs are slaves
and a cat has a staff.

LOLOL :D

blessed be :D
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

Updated list of combined Gods and Goddesses.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

AMAZING!!!!
Thanx so much:)
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Isn't the Morrigan a triple goddess of crones? I only mention this because I have been working with Badb a lot lately.
jaelle

Post by jaelle »

I think the Morrigan is supposed to be Badb, Macha and Nemain, but then it gets confused later on and you end up adding Fea and Annan and others. Irish mythology/genealogy is so confusing - you almost need a smartboard to figure it out. And even then you have to wade through interpretations and sources. But W. M. Hennessey's "The Ancient Irish Goddess of War," written in 1870, is a good paper on the whole thing, and you can get it here: http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/aigw/index.htm
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

JBRaven wrote:Isn't the Morrigan a triple goddess of crones? I only mention this because I have been working with Badb a lot lately.
That is one of the views. Some views also claim Brigit as a triple goddess. I know The Morrigan as a single goddess, that is why I stated these lists were based on my own and my families personal beliefs.

Generally, most belief that Badbh, Fea and Nemon are the sister goddesses that make up The Morrigan.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

From the little I have been able to find on her She seems to be a Triple Triple goddess 1) The Morrigan {Badbh, Fea and Nemon } 2) one of the eponymous Irish {Ériu, Banba and Fodla} 3} and the crone aspect of Brigit.

I am sorry if this is off topic but I have put these questions forth on this site many a year ago and NO ONE answered. You seem the only one who has any idea (minus jaelle just now.)
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

I have quite a bit of information about Irish Celtic Gods and Goddesses. I was raised with stories of them, so feel free to ask any questions or post any information.
Solitude

Post by Solitude »

Fantastic list Stephanie :D
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Can i put this in my BoS?
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

Thanks! Feel free to put any information I post in your own book. I would not make anything public knowledge, that I was not willing to share.
Airlight
Banned Member

Post by Airlight »

May I say something, totally random but this game on the PC/XBOX360/PS3 called Dragon Age: Origins actual uses Morrigan, she is a witch who does shapeshifting, she is pretty awesome. The developers actually admitted they used the Goddess as their inspiration for Morrigan.
akumaxkami

Post by akumaxkami »

The two Celtic deities I am most drawn to are Brigid and Cernunnos.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”