Cures or Treatments of Common Warts

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
SolitaryWitch88

Cures or Treatments of Common Warts

Post by SolitaryWitch88 »

I know it's been a while since I last posted...I am a very bad pagan...lol.
Anyways...I've had this common wart on my ring finger for 4 years...I got it from my ex boyfriend who used to have them all over his hands. And now my boyfriend...**ahem**...fiance just recently proposed to me, and I can't wear the ring on my finger because of this darn wart!!!
I've tried everything from the special bandaids, the freeze off method, duct tape ((OWW))...but everytime it came back after a few weeks like I hadn't done anything!!! =[
Does anyone know of any herbal remedies or ANYTHING that will/might work!? I'm just about ready to try anything!!
Thank you so much and many blessings to all.
ghost

warts

Post by ghost »

i do have a cure but to tell you the truth it is painful. i had a wort like that no matter what i did it keep coming back so i finally numbed it up with ice cut it off and then burned the area with a stick i lit the end on fire and held it there long enough to burn the skin. it has not come back so maybe a last resort.
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Re: Cures or Treatments of Common Warts

Post by LaFiamma »

SolitaryWitch88 wrote:I know it's been a while since I last posted...I am a very bad pagan...lol.
Anyways...I've had this common wart on my ring finger for 4 years...I got it from my ex boyfriend who used to have them all over his hands. And now my boyfriend...**ahem**...fiance just recently proposed to me, and I can't wear the ring on my finger because of this darn wart!!!
I've tried everything from the special bandaids, the freeze off method, duct tape ((OWW))...but everytime it came back after a few weeks like I hadn't done anything!!! =[
Does anyone know of any herbal remedies or ANYTHING that will/might work!? I'm just about ready to try anything!!
Thank you so much and many blessings to all.
Have you tried one of those wart removal kits you can get in the drug store? I've had plantar's warts on my fingers before, they've worked for me.

If they doesn't make them go away permanently, go to the doctor and have it checked out to make sure there are no other, more serious underlying issues.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Have you tried a cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar?
I've heard that works (and if it ever comes back, just repeat).

Anyhow, soak the cotton ball so it's very moist, apply it to your wart overnight (hold it on with a bandaid or something like that), continue to do this each night until the wart turns black-ish. Repeat for a couple more nights after that, then the wart should be completely dead by that time and will then essentially scab & fall off.
(I have heard that this hurts though- but then again, no matter what you do, I think it's going to hurt.)

Another method I've heard of is tying a string/floss around the wart to cut off the blood supply- obviously this won't work on plantar warts, but on a surface wart, it's an option too. (If you can get a string around it, that is!)

~BB~

:28:

(PS: Congrats on your engagement!) :wink:
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

I used to just pick them off with my fingernails...a little at a time. It hurt, but eventially got rid of them...never had one since.
Cherokeewind
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

If you go to your local pharmacist, they should know a medicine that comes in a little brown bottle, it has a applicator on the cap and you apply directly to the wart and a little of the surrounding area, this should remove it in about 2-3 days, I can't remeber what it is called though, but it is easily found from what I hear.

Blessed Be, :D
The Judge
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
SolitaryWitch88

Post by SolitaryWitch88 »

I have tried all those things from the store...I've had it for 4 1/2 years now, and nothing's worked, and I can't really afford to go to the doctor since I'm still waiting on my insurance...Medicaid...of course takes forever!!
But I've tried all that, and I really don't care about the pain. I've tried cutting it off, freezing, the ointment, the special bandaids, etc...That's why I wanted to know if there were any herbal or any kind of remedies that would be useful...
Which I will try that apple cider thing...I haven't heard of that one and I'm ready to try anything!! =[
Thank you all so much for your input.
I wish you all many blessings!
~Cali
witch505

Post by witch505 »

My great grandmother is Pennsylvania dutch and has all these weird remedies. She wrote them down in a book, which I am currently reading out of.

She says to soak a piece of sewing thread in peppermint oil, tie off the wart tightly (or mole) and then burn it off.

Afterwards, rub aloe on it.

Then, tie a piece of cheese cloth (not exactly sure what that is) around the burnd area.

Remove cheese cloth after 12 hours.

Yeah, this seems.... a little... eccentric. But, hey, it's worth a shot I guess.

I hope it works....
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Post by LaFiamma »

cherokeewind wrote:I used to just pick them off with my fingernails...a little at a time. It hurt, but eventially got rid of them...never had one since.
This can actually cause them to spread. Warts are caused by a virus. Picking at the wart spreads the virus.
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Post by LaFiamma »

SolitaryWitch88 wrote:I have tried all those things from the store...I've had it for 4 1/2 years now, and nothing's worked, and I can't really afford to go to the doctor since I'm still waiting on my insurance...Medicaid...of course takes forever!!
But I've tried all that, and I really don't care about the pain. I've tried cutting it off, freezing, the ointment, the special bandaids, etc...That's why I wanted to know if there were any herbal or any kind of remedies that would be useful...
Which I will try that apple cider thing...I haven't heard of that one and I'm ready to try anything!! =[
Thank you all so much for your input.
I wish you all many blessings!
~Cali
There are clinics that you can go to that are low or no cost, there should be at least one in your area. If you've had it for four and a half years and over the counter remedies don't do anything for it, see a doctor. Seriously.
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

LaFiamma wrote:
cherokeewind wrote:I used to just pick them off with my fingernails...a little at a time. It hurt, but eventially got rid of them...never had one since.
This can actually cause them to spread. Warts are caused by a virus. Picking at the wart spreads the virus.
I always washed good with soap...it has been a couple decades since then...not going to recommend picking it. Virus, now that you mention it. I read somewhere...if you get bit by a dog with Rabies....put detergent on the wound ASAP. Detergent kills viruses quick.
Cherokeewind
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Someone pointed out to me that I needed to make sure that members understand that this website and I, , cannot be held responsible for any decisions that you make based on information that you have found through the website or forum. Not that I believe that any of our members are ignorant or selfish enought to blame others for their own actions, but it probably is a good idea for me to just add that as a new rule. So I added this to the list of rules:
Everything Under the Moon, , and the members here, are not responsible for any advice that you receive on this website, from myself or other members. If you ask for an herbal remedy and it makes your pecker fall off, don't blame us. You are responsible for researching your own conditions and any remedies that are suggested here to make sure that they aren't dangerous. Remember, this is the Internet. People can say anything here. You can't hold others responsible for sharing what they THINK is true, especially when you ASKED for help (and even if you didn't).

Note: The site has never been bothered by any problems such as this, but someone just pointed out to me that most sites have some sort of medical disclaimer and that I should probably make one.) So there ya go! I'm not responsible for the decisions that you choose to make with your own body and life. Watch out for yourself. No one else is going to do it for you.
As for warts, I had a particularly nasty and large one that was located directly on top of my middle knuckle on my left hand (thank the Goddess it wasn't the right hand, my dominant hand). This was when I was in Junior High School. It was SOOOOOO embarassing to me. I hated it. I wore a Band-Aid over it everyday.

One day my Dad took me to the doctor and the doctor did Cryotherapy, the freeze-off method. This was before it was available over-the-counter, although I wonder if the Compound-W Freeze is as strong as the kind the doctor does. I have a hard time believing they could sell something that strong over-the-counter.

Anyway, it hurt really bad when he put the stuff on. I wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible so I wouldn't cry in front of the doctor and my Dad. So I stood up quickly and I totally passed out cold because of the pain. Luckily, the doctor caught me before I hit the hard floor and bonked my head. By the way, the doctor can give you a local anesthetic for the pain if you ask for it.

All of that misery was for naught, because the wart came back. The doctor then prescribed a solution that I had to put on every night. Eventually, the wart turned black and fell off and did not ever come back. This solution did not hurt at all. Why we didn't try this to begin with is beyond me.

I may have some of my facts confused about my treatment. It was a long time ago.

I read on WebMD just now that:

Cryotherapy can destroy warts. Research indicates that cryotherapy is:

Effective about 35% to 65% of the time.
No more effective than salicylic acid.
One small study has indicated that cryotherapy is not as effective as using tape over the wart.

Bright Blessings,
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I found this on the Amazon review for Compound W.
Try Apple Cider Vinegar instead, September 1, 2007
By goldie798 "goldie798"
I had two warts on my index finger for 7 years, and I only focused on getting rid of the largest one. I must have very stubborn warts because I tried this product, duct tape, the liquid wart remover, and the black dots. I tried the Freeze Off maybe twenty times, and each time the wart returned a little larger than before. I got more aggressive with the treatments, and the last time I left the Freeze Off applicator on my wart for 2 minutes using a double dose of the freezing solution. I had to hold ice on my finger for a couple of hours to relieve the pain. Two weeks later, I peeled off the dried up blister and repeated the painful process. I thought I had done permanent damage to my finger it hurt so badly. But a month later, everything looked fine and my wart returned in the shape of a "C", which meant I at least did some damage to one side of my wart. Before I tried it again, my niece told me she tried a home remedy of apple cider vinegar applied to her wart with a cotton ball held in place with a bandaid each night for a week. I tried it, and MY WARTS ARE GONE. My son tried it too (He's had his warts for 9 years.), and his warts are now gone as well. Who knew apple cider vinegar would work better than all these expensive wart removal products? The apple cider did irritate my wart, then turned it white, then turned it purple, then it eventually peeled off. Amazing!!!! I just wanted someone out there to know.
There were responses to her comment that were also helpful.

Bright Blessings,
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DStwXsmZ3OE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkizRC5mZYQ

Can you believe this? The doctors are treating his warts with Vitamin K.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

:shock: Wow, way to freak everyone out with an ignored cut on their knee, . :28: (I'm teasing...but wow, really- that poor man!)

Oh, also- I believe it was vitamin A not K they said they're using to treat the HPV (Human Papilloma Virus)... that is one scary virus, causes cancer too. I guess in a way, if he's remained cancer free, he's actually lucky. (Though I doubt he felt that way at times.)

Thanks for sharing that though- if nothing else, it's a certain reminder of just how lucky we all are.

~BB~

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”