Poisons

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.

Have you ever poisoned, or thought about poisoning someone?

Yes, I would want it to kill them.
13%
Yes, but only to make them slightly sick, miss a day of work etc.
13%
No, but now that you mention it, I might want too.
No votes
NEVER! It is completely wrong in any form, neither light poison nor deadly poisioning is acceptable!
33%
I do other things when I'm mad at someone.
40%

Total votes: 15

Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Poisons

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

So I was looking at some plants, the poisonous ones, more then once I have though of making poisons. Simple ones, like diuretics, etc. Nothing intense mind you. I don't want to kill anyone, just make them miserable. I have some annoying guys that have bullied me and I laugh to think about spiking their drinks with a diuretic before a long bus ride, etc.

I know I can do it, its not very hard, I even kow that I can get away with it.

So I guess you can discuss, or perhaps share your favorite plants for making poisons. Although, please don't share the poisons recipes that are lethal, its a poll qustion that I hope no one answers yes too.

Some poisonous plants common to a Witches garden,

Foxglove

Wugmort

Lily of the Valley

I also found this to be interesting too, could making weak forms of poison be as easy as buying a potato?

http://library.thinkquest.org/C007974/1_1pot.htm
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

"I also found this to be interesting too, could making weak forms of poison be as easy as buying a potato? "

Yes.And strong ones, IF you know how.

I picked yes,but not to kill.I CAN make lethal, but I also know the antidotes.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Thats really cool, I was interested in knowing how to concentrate the solution, but without distalation, or boiling the water away. Perhaps we need to have a chat in PMs. I am very interested in having such a disscusion, should you be open to sharing, I understand the responsibilities you have, and the possible reprocussions
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Everyone else feel free to reply and give your thoughts too. lol. I see people are answering the poll. I know your viewing the thread, lol.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

I also found this to be interesting too, could making weak forms of poison be as easy as buying a potato?
In good ol' Aus I would say its easier than buying a potato, we have alot of poisonous plants that just grow and spread all over the place, they care constantly sending warnings out for the new ones that are spreading most ... Australia is a pretty poisonous country.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

It is harder for us Westerned folks. lol. Generally plants like foxglove etc are a little bit harder to get a hold of. Although not impossible. Sercee has some interesting plants I'd like to get some seeds of.
Mycroft
Banned Member

Post by Mycroft »

Of course! And that's because potatoes are also poison. Or they can be. Not going to say how and why because it causes intense digestive disturbances and nervous symptoms. People don't realize that a lot of things can be poison without having to go and pick plants. Even tomatoes and apples can be poisonous in a right environment.

Poinsettia is rumored to be poisonous yet it's not. It can cause allergies that can be fatal, but then again anything can be fatal in allergies. If consumed, it causes quite a severe diarrhea in humans and animals. Ironically ... I know a cocktail called poinsettia. I could say more, but most of the poisons I can make and know about are quite fatal. In my defense, they haven't been tested. :P
Tymar

Post by Tymar »

I have foxgloves in my garden but i make sure they are away from the front fence and away from my doggie. i want to attract butterflys.
which was my main reason for planting as well as i love the flowers they look so spectacular.

As far as posion.. Never. would i want to harm anything but them horrid slugs and snails.
BB Tymar..

Don't wait for a light to appears at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself" - Sara Henderson;
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

I have far subtler ways of harming people, and far more effective.

*insert evil cackle

I have to laugh Shaman - you spelt it Wugmort!

LOL!
I'm only laughing so much 'cos it's the exact sort of thing I'd do.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Sorry guys, lol Mugwort! wit a double 'U'. lol. Thanks for the replies guys.
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Mugwort is *not* poisonous :P.

I drink a mugwort-based infusion every night alternating on and off every
week (I go a week drinking it, a week off it). Although it can be a tiny bit
diuretic, but not much. So the worse you'll do to your enemy is make
them have to take a leak.

As far as thujone content is concerned, culinary sage has *much* more
thujone than mugwort.

For anyone who's interested, here's my personal 'dream tea' recipe:

3 parts mugwort (aerial parts)
1 part sage (leaf)
1 part anise seed
1 part mistletoe (leaves and stems)

All ingredients are measured by volume of ground dried plant matter.
I grind each herb separately in a suribachi just prior to mixing them
together; buying pre-ground herbs is absolutely no good in my
humble opinion.

I have a small ritual where I cleanse/normalise the final mixture with my
chi just prior to packaging it.

I then place 1 1/4 teaspoon each of the resulting mix in separate paper
tea bags.

Regarding poison, I'm with hedge except that I have far less subtle
ways of harming people, and far more effective ;)

cheers,

T. Guy.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

You're right Tguy - Mugwort isn't a poison in the normal sense of the word.

I have an image of making an enemy pee them selves to death!!
:lol: :lol:

Now Hemlock would be a different matter.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

The whole point would be using Mugwort as a strong diuretic, so as to make the enemy pee themselves to death, lol. An annoyance, but not life threatening, also, the definition of poison by Wikepedia
In the context of biology, poisons are substances that can cause damage, illness, or death to organisms, usually by chemical reaction or other activity on the molecular scale, when a sufficient quantity is absorbed by an organism. Legally and in hazardous chemical labellings, poisons are especially toxic substances; less toxic substances are labeled "harmful", "irritant", or not labeled at all.
I would call a heavy diuretic effect, an "Irritant"
LUNAAMOR

Post by LUNAAMOR »

whenever my boyfriends makes me mad i just tell him . remember who is the one that cooks for you :twisted: and he is like oh i know you will never do that sweety right??? :shock:
and then i will be like may be yes may be not . who knows.and he is just like WHAT. but i just play with him like that . so he will just stop making me mad because he thinks its funny.
and no i will never do that to him i just love him so much but like i said who knows(just playing :D )
"Light up the Darkness" Bob Marley
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

Well, can I mention that this is the age old "If you could go back in time, would you kill Hitler?"

Or perhaps I'm missing the point.

Revenge is not cool.

And it seems there are better ways to obtain Justice than Harming Someone.

But I'll add to the discussion;

"Would you use a substance which is not necessarily harmful, but would incapacitate the person...such as a hallucinogenic or strong sedative, if it would prevent a person from doing harm???"

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”