What does this mean?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Baby_Witch

What does this mean?

Post by Baby_Witch »

I have no clue what this means and was wondering what you think it may mean. I can usually never keep a plant alive, however I can bring them back from the dead and they become what I call "zombie plants". When that happens they never bloom flowers again, however they will never die again no matter what. What does this mean?
HopefulChild

Re: What does this mean?

Post by HopefulChild »

There is a bacterial parasite known as Phytoplasma, which can turn a plant into a host and mimic the plant being "alive" but the plant itself is no longer functioning and cannot produce flowers, pollen, or fruit any more.

If you see this consistently then you may have an infestation of phytoplasma that is killing your plants and creating new phytoplasma colonies.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: What does this mean?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I have a similar "brown thumb" vs green-thumb when it comes to potted house plants. Outdoors in-ground plants do pretty well. Someone at the local garden store suggested bacteria as Hopefulchild has described. I only had large, unglazed clay pots & couldn't reuse them or their saucers unless I'd soaked them in a bucket of water with a cup of bleach.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”