Easy to find

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
T'a Nuk

Easy to find

Post by T'a Nuk »

eming for at least an hour. If nothing else she found out how fast they can move when frightened. That being said, if you can find an abandoned nest you have a nice little treasure trove.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Easy to find

Post by Firebird »

Hey T'a Nuk, am I missing something here? :mrgreen:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

CWD (Chronic Wasting Disease) has arrived in Montana. CWD is not a bacteria or virus, but a protein that has a destructive effect on other proteins in the physiology of deer. It is spread through contact with carcasses and other deer by products. Because it is a protein it can actually grow into grass where an afflicted corpse has decomposed, thereby continuing to the next animal. It is a slow moving and cruel disease. CWD only effects deer, not humans, pets or other livestock. Afflicted deer are easy to spot, they are skinny, have patchy coats and look generally ill. Keep a close eye on your local herd and PLEASE report any sick looking animals to Fish and Game. They will harvest the animal and examine it's lymph nodes for affliction. Dumping carcasses in the woods or roadside ditches is illegal and demonstrates idiocy and those who practice this should be prohibited from the privilege of hunting and given a nice painful fine and some jail time. ANY butchered carcass should be reported upon discovery. Most of us have a few of these wonderful animals living near us napping under trees and sampling our flowers and vegetable gardens. They bring spotty little fawns through our backyards and parks and add graceful elegance to our outdoor wanderings. It is time to step up to our stewardship role and do what we can for them.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

T'a Nuk wrote:eming for at least an hour. If nothing else she found out how fast they can move when frightened. That being said, if you can find an abandoned nest you have a nice little treasure trove.
I was wondering what you speaking of here it seems incomplete.

Sorry about the deer, that sounds horrible. Something to look out for with those of us who are on land that deer visit.

Good to see you by the way, been a long time! :fairy:

BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

It is incomplete, my apologies. Thank you, yes I have been keeping a distance.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”