Interesting things are growing in my garden

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
cherrypie

Interesting things are growing in my garden

Post by cherrypie »

Hi there,

I'm a lot into herbalism, since my childhood, and of course I extended my knowledge tremendously in the course of time. I'm also convinced that plants that a person needs will grow in his/her garden, I could observe this again and again. Now I'm way more into the green-witch-stuff :lol: , shamanism, nature spirits etc. my garden grown a lot more interesting plants: two years ago it was a solanum, last and this yeara thron apple (it developed seeds last year and another plant grew this year, but the chicken ate it (I know they should be all dead by now, but they aren't smiley_dance , and it was definitely a thornapple. I didn't do anything with these, way too toxic, but I found it pretty interesting. I live in this house since I was born and we never had such plants. An abundance of stinging nettle (which is useful for everyone, of course), St. John's Wort, a hawthorn (and I always thought it was a gooseberry and was angry it never fruited :wink: ), elderberries on all sides of the garden (doesn't speak for my neighbours, right?), so all in all really mighty and helpful herbs, but nothing psychoactive. Who knows when it will come in handy? If the chicken don't eat up everything again ;-)
Blu-Luna

Re: Interesting things are growing in my garden

Post by Blu-Luna »

Nice! I know my garden has plants in it that I never grew, so I don't know if it is the birds or what. My garden is organised chaos at the moment! I am hoping to feel better and sort some of it out. Happy gardening Cherry pie!
cherrypie

Re: Interesting things are growing in my garden

Post by cherrypie »

yes, mine is chaos, too, but not so much organized :)
I very often feel pretty overwhelmed - fulltime job, a large house, the big garden....whenever I start tidying up at some place I never get that far that it would make a lasting impact and so I often feel like I'm a complete failure (I have absolutely no idea how others do this), but at least my garden gives me joy and strength no matte in what shape it is in. My biggest wish would be an organized, tiday house (well, it is tidy, but not to the extent I wish it would be, and it is also old, so a lot of things need to be renovated and we just don't have the money for it, so it is always disheartening for me in a way, especially when I'm on PMS :lol: , just like the last few days). But that#s the way it is and I don#t think it will ever change.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”